Choosing the right fan

I am planning my first grow and was hoping someone can help me make a good choice. I will be using a 4x4x7 tent with a 600w LED. I like the Cloudline T6. I have read where filters, 90’s, etc. will decrease cfm by 50% or more. Is this enough fan? Would rather spend a little more now than finding out I made a poor choice and have to replace.

7 Likes

That’s fine. A 6" duct fan will provide plenty of air exchange for a 4x4 tent.

I like the Hyperfan. Very quiet, comes with speed controller, very low power draw.

6 Likes

Ya that should be tons of air movement. Your space is 112 cubic feet, and ideally you’d like to move it once a minute or so. I’d imagine that fan pulls 300cfm or more. Scrubbers and elbows will reduce CFM but I doubt it’s by 50% unless you have some kind of duct maze going haha

The only other thing to consider is you have to match the fan with a scrubber rated for roughly the same CFM, so if you get one make sure it’s rating is close to the output of the fan.

3 Likes

I have a cloudnine fan w/ controller and love it. Make sure you spend the extra $20 and get the controller as it’s well worth it

3 Likes

@beacher So if the fan is rated at 402 cfm a 400 cfm filter should be fine? Any brands of filters to stay away from?

3 Likes

Oh ya, you’re good within a range of probably 50 CFM or so. Really even a 100cfm difference in ratings would likely work ok, but will either burn the scrubber out faster or choke the fan too much.

I love mountain air filters, have had nothing but good results…but there are tons of brands out there now and I think they’re all pretty similar tbh. Wherever you’re getting your fan will probably have some fan/filter package deals. Check Amazon ratings and stuff to see if any are to be avoided.

2 Likes

Infinity filters work great

2 Likes

That specific design of fan tolerates much higher back-pressures than regular, so it will have sufficient airflow with a filter.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Thinking ahead :+1: Smart. Buy once, cry once :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks @Joker
I have been looking at that exact fan (with controller) for my 4x4x8 tent. Great info here

2 Likes

Ive been using Phresh filters for 9 years now. I dig them. 6x24 should be fine for that fan

For fans I usually skip cannabis industry brands and go for HVAC business brands.

I love my Soler and Palau. 9 years old and still getting the work

1 Like