Cinderella 99 origins and breeding info

nice bud… your version of c99?.. or maybe the original… I hear it’s out there.

3 Likes

Soul touches on C99 V.2 in Episode 6

https://soundcloud.com/user-928350579-16614181

2 Likes

I have @Baudelaire’s version. Fleur du Mal seeds.

2 Likes

Joey Weed has very good c99 genetics…

2 Likes

i’m growing frost bro’s version, f4 of the original bro grimm line, never been outcrossed

8 Likes

It all started with a bag of herb and a crazy f#cker with an insatiable appetite for sativas. Ha! Ha!

5 Likes

Pineapple Cindy.

The very thought has me thinking I need something like this too.

3 Likes

i had 7 seeds germinated one lets see if female or male i’m hoping to get the c99 f4 pheno too

1 Like

Leprechaun Seeds has the Pineapple Cindy… they call it Lollypop… I’ve grown this one several times.

Duly noted :pencil2:

Man, I have never run Cindy 99 despite loving sativa’s! That has to change for sure! I do have a couple cindy crosses I can run,but I need to get me a pure Cindy 99. I might go with @Baudelaire’s Cindy 99 when I can afford to buy some… I think it would make a perfect base to make a cross with some landrace sativas to bulk them up and lower flowering times while keeping that sativa up high!

3 Likes

here’s what joey weed says about their/his c99…
These are seeds made from Brothers Grimm stock. One of the nice things about this line is it’s quite true breeding. You will get 99.9% of what you get from the original. Cindy is a very easy variety to grow. You will never get a hermy even if you mistreat her. She is cooperative and will show you the gender in the preflowers even in the veg stage. Cindy is easy to clone and will root readily. I’ve successfully cloned her even from cuttings taken after two weeks of flowering. Cloning is the way to go and after you pick out your favorite female plant use the clone from her to be the clone mother. Another great thing about this variety is it’s exceptionaly low odor. It has very little smell while it’s growing and it smells kind of citrus like or a faint lemon lime scent. If you were worried about stinking up your house or apartment, this will help keep you safe. The high produceed is out of this world! I would call it a super up high, the type that makes you want to do things and laugh like a loon. It’s spacey and very cerebral. If you want something that will impress your friends this is it.

Indoor flowering: 50 days

Hemp Depot says they got have it in stock…

6 Likes

I second Joey’s description, goes for the FDM version as well. Our selections were bred from the original 1998 release of C99 by Soul, or from the Princess 88 clone in the case of our P88xC99 line. His description is spot-on, including the often overlooked ease of cloning, growing and training - a ScrOGers dream strain. Still my favorite go-to in the stash box, I have to slap my hand to keep from auto-loading it into the bowl.

-b420

10 Likes

Edit: Read that wrong!

Sounds like a plan.

99%

1 Like

I thoroughly enjoyed Joey’s versions of C-99 and A-11. I grew out a few packs of each around 15 years ago or so.
I found Joey to have a very faithful reproduction of B. Grimm’s C-99, having grown out a pack of Grimm’s a couple of years earlier.

Recently, (from 2012 to present) I have grown out a few packs of Mosca’s C-99 BX 1. Fairly stable with good taste and potency, reminiscent of the quality flowers offered by Brothers Grimm and Joey from 15 to 18 years ago.
I have hesitated to purchase the currently offered versions of both C-99 and A-11 by Grimm and Joey because I have heard that neither breeder provides the same genetics as they offered originally.

I wish to avoid the disappointment which may result in my buying and growing out the currently available seeds.
Feel free to disabuse me of my aversion,
please!

2 Likes

yes i’ve also heard the new versions aren’t very reminiscent of the originals and for $200cdn a pack it seems a little bait and switchy to me. if you change the genetics you should change the name, like adding v2 or something.

edit: well i guess the ‘genetics’ didn’t change, just the stud, but apparently made a difference

2 Likes

2 Likes

Je, je, je… I remember when I told ya the same (with the Malawi X Power Plant example) in your Sativas proyect thread, je…

But remember that if your landrace isent a “heirloom selection”, first ya must work in the selection of your landrace…(If ya but it to a good seedbank ya have this hard work done, of course).

I would really like to know more about this if anyone has any personal experience. I recently picked up some Brothers Grimm Durban Poison X Cinderella 99 (DC-99) and have not popped them yet. I got reg seeds (non feminized) and am waiting till I have the space and location to cross a lucky male from the batch with ALL the females and put some seed away. (And yes I am aware of the diversity of genotypical expression I will get from this :smile: someday I want to play with some big lines). Also I thought it would be worth mentioning that when I spoke to Mr. Soul just over a week ago at Cannacon Seattle he said they have a breeding project coming up with the Durban Poison X C-99 X Thai so keep your eyes open in the future for those!

1 Like