Citrus Tree Love

Off topic…heres my fig unrooted cutting in my cheapo cloner…

Same same cutting as of now…pix taken today.

5 Likes

Your clone looks good, I wonder how many different plants you can clone like that. I saw someone clone a cantaloupe in a rubbermaid like that.

2 Likes

Since my wife’s invading my tent again, here’s her calamondin…

2 Likes

I gonna try with some of the new growth on my citrus plants…

2 Likes

Normally, the tree blooms and they are all over within a month. This year, it just keeps blooming and blooming even though there are fruits already forming. I wonder if I can get a handful of fruits again this year?

That reminds me, I forgot to post the fruit on the calamondin

2 Likes

My guy here has been struggling. I mixed up some: black soldier fly frass, crustacean meal, Neem/karanja cake with a few gallons of promix and up potted to a grass roots fabric pot. Then I watered in with coco, and rootwise mycrorobe complete. Now it is litfa and chill. Hope they don’t die.

3 Likes

Did it drop all those leaves at once or over a month period?

1 Like

Had it inside over the winter and it gradually lost leaves, it usually does drop some leaves while it is overwintering indoors and rejuvenates when placed back outside and given some water. Haven’t ever seen it this bad though. There are signs of new growth though, so that is encouraging. Hope what I did helps.

1 Like

My two citrus trees are still doing well. They never put out flowers this time. Don’t know why.

1 Like

You can force it to bloom by drying it out and only giving it a bit of water for 30 days then fert+water, it’ll bloom!

2 Likes

I can confirm this works…I’ve done this by mistake b4

1 Like

Lemmy is doing A LOT better. I think it worked!

4 Likes

Dang, of course my dude @JoeCrowe has a sweet thread about Citrus trees! I’m going to bookmark this one can come back to read. I’m planning out my yard for trees this summer, and really don’t have much knowledge on them.

Looking at doing some orange, lemon, peaches, and something that you would never find in a grocery store Paw-Paw.

3 Likes

Sadly I only have one good fruit this time around! I definitely didn’t baby the plant after the fruits were forming and I lost so many of them. This one has been hanging around though, through thick and thin.

2 Likes

I got my mandarin orange there under a 41 watt LED light. That white shit is just water scale from spraying it with water to get the dust off. When it grows a leaf, I’ll move the other citrus down there.

4 Likes

Calamondins from my citrus trees

12 Likes

I got all my trees lined up like ducks in my front window with an array of led’s above them as well. :smiley:

Will take and post a pic when it’s a less embarrassing mess :rofl:

4 Likes

I repotted mine after it topped over… she was neglected hopefully gets better in the new pot

2 Likes

I only have one citrus tree but is supposed to be a red finger lime. The other tree behind it there is a Brazilian grape tree.

6 Likes