Cleaning bubble bags (mildew)

hey all so while my knee was messed up I had been making bubble hash when I had the chance and accidentally left my bags in the water for a few days and ended up getting mildew in a few of them, what’s a safe way to clean them/kill it? Or are they pretty much junk now? Any advice/input would be awesome. I’ve thought about using iso alcohol but anything over like 70% is damn near impossible to find here.

3 Likes

alcohol is the way to or at least some home chemistry expermients. :laughing:

try laundry detergent & bleach, using as little as possible, rinse the #$%&^* out of them & soak in clean water repeatedly & rinse until that soap & bleach are gone.

this will possibly probably wreck your bags. :slightly_frowning_face:

time to get that still out of the shed. :joy_cat: :banjo:

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Maybe in the washing machine?

When I wash stuff that you’re not supposed to wash I pad it with a layer of other laundry under and over it. I picture it like a gentle cocoon, delicately massaging the item lol

4 Likes

If you can’t get iso, the resin also dissolves into fat. After I trim, my hand washing process is to use iso, (which leaves a sticky film all over my hands), and then coconut oil followed by soap and water.

Maybe you could oil em up and then toss in the washer?

2 Likes

Go to the hardware store and get denatured alcohol if you can’t get iso.

Same action, far cheaper.

1 Like

@lefthandseeds @beacher when washing it in machine what would you recommend to use for soap/detergent? @vernal i think i might actually have some out in the shed I’ll have to look tomorrow.

@cannabissequoia thats kinda what I was thinking except I don’t have a still yet lmao, though I do have a bottle of diesel 153 (its like 151 but a little cheaper if i remember correctly) but even still being in Michigan we don’t get the good 151 :frowning:

I’ve thought about like maybe vinegar or something organic like that. The wife gets all kinds of shit like that.but alot of them have super strong smells which I worry would leave a residue/taste.p

1 Like

If you have a bottle of 150+ booze that’ll do it too. Warm it up a bit and it’ll dissolve the hash like sugar in coffee. If you recover the booze, you can drink it and probably get a rockin’ buzz from all the hash. Can’t drink denatured alcohol haha.

Vinegar won’t dissolve hash. You need a real solvent.

1 Like

The vinegar would be to kill the mildew, screens aren’t clogged just don’t want it to be something that causes a mold that ruins hash/gets me sick

1 Like

Ohh I see. Well, the alcohol would do both things. So that’s a plus.

If you just need to kill mildew a very mild bleach solution will do the trick. Like, a teaspoon in a quart of warm water. Rinse right out after no worries.

2 Likes

Awesome thanks thats what I’ve been trying to figure out, I mean I kinda figured it would clean it and should kill the bad shit. But I’ll definitely give the bleach a try

1 Like