Client states: We followed directions, used the reamendment kit, top dressed

Client switched half their permit to “organics” after watching a series of YouTube videos. Their first run had small, loose buds they were not happy with. Their 2nd run was a complete failure. The plants “faded too early”. That’s their words. My words: “Your plants died, dude. You should be pissed. But the weak yield their time so the strong can allow a future for others.”

Here are their roots:

Clackamas-style roots? Montrose, CO built.

If your roots look like this, what makes you think you need to reamend? At what rate, 0.5% perhaps? Let’s look at the “reamendment kit”…

Seed meal, seed cake, crab meal. Fish. And lime… 2.5 cups total. Let’s look at the original soil inputs:

Seed meal, seed meal, crab meal, fish. Kelp. Tons of basalt. I think I see why this client has no roots: They can’t afford roots, they spent all their money on ba-salt!

Basalt is currently being touted as a magic micromineral power source. 25%+ of the local geology is basalt. It’s only value is in the crushing and packaging process, and peddling to gardeners as a magic bullet.

Composition-of-basalt-in-wt
Mineral composition of basalt

Local prices are… 5 gallons for 80 bucks. For sandpaper-grade silica. Bring your own tote. Concrete sand is a bit cheaper and much cleaner… Basalt is right up there with Char-post or whatever the wood scraps are called now.

And the reamend kit is all NPK. With roots like that you could grow a dozen grows and never need to add NPK. This is one salty soil. No, there are no hidden microbes doing hidden work in this mess. The native colonies of the peat hadn’t even reestablished.

This is a fungal network in a bail of peat before being salted to death by “organics”:

Youre not going to establish mycorrhizal relationships any time soon. You need roots… No substitutes. No Mammoth P or Wallace Wow pumpkin powder will defeat that trichoderma and dodge the sodium matrix to make a meaningful connection in the time between transplant and harvest.

“Didn’t work? Just use more, duh” - Professor Mammoth

“I like big pumpkins and I cannot lie, use more product, fuck off and die” - Wallace p Wow
Typicalized fictional responses from totally fictional broganic booster pushers.

This client, in seeking the “true flavor of the herb” is set back years and out thousands and thousands in supplies, and literal millions in lost profits thanks to overly confident soil suppliers and youtube groxperts.

Closet growers must prop these youtube guys up, I guess legal era closet growers must be happy with low yields of crispy whispy. Back in my day, if you grew weed, you made it worth the time! I’ll have this client #1 seller on the top shelf in 4 months. Dispensary shoppers, all they know is crispy whispy. It’s season of the bunk out there, America. Jump on it…

Hell, I may contract with the guy to do pheno hunts. All his clones are shot beyond repair. Did you know these licensed guys think kush smells like melted plastic, orange peels and pepper out here?

Organic bros… Don’t buy soil from dudes who grow shitty little plants. And don’t learn to grow from dudes who buy pre-made soils. And don’t start a consulting business if you can’t even list the required nutrients for plant growth. . You can’t know one without knowing the other. This isn’t a 20th century industrial process. It’s plant nutrition. Don’t befriend a weed shaman to pray over your weed plants. It’s not going to help. So much waste in “organics” it’s beyond silly.

2 Likes

R

2 Likes

Huh, welcome to OG. Why don’t you go over a introduce yourself since you joined 3 hours ago.

6 Likes

Hi bud, welcome to Overgrow! Your post is a little hard to understand and we don’t really know anything about you, so it sort of comes off as a rant. Seems like you’re real upset with someone but I’m not sure why I should care or how it helps people with their “Sick Plants and Problems” which is what this section is for.

10 Likes

Please introduce yourself on the Into thread. A little background. Read some post and ask some questions.

Not sure what you want from this community with this post?

:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

The style of writing is very similar to those of the sock accts. Maybe I am wrong, but weird opening vibe…

7 Likes

Not really a requirement, just something intros along.

However I agree.

I would think the OP needs some boron added :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

Following the “off topic” :grin: I think a short story about yourself in the “About me” section in your profile would be much relevant, is there any remnant member that has read my introduction in that thread? exclaim|nullxnull

2 Likes

I do. I like to hear their background and welcome them.

:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

I will agree to one thing in the OP’s dialogue, brand building podcasts, are worthless to me.
I’ve never made it through very many. For me, shup up the aggrandizing and get to your point, I’ll follow to the end.
I’m NOT saying all are bad JUST get to the info and dash, instead of going on and on and on.

3 Likes