Clones arent doing good. How can I save the genetics?

I had cut some clones off what i have in flower. Ended up liking a couple of them.

Unfortunately due to life they got neglected and are on deaths door. Unsure if they will survive so im seeking alternative means of preserving.

I have heard of people isolating just parts of a budded plant and using STS on it to produce seeds?

2 Likes

Ya you could try spraying and reversing. When you cross the plant to itself you’ll get S1s. I’m not sure how true to the parent they should be. You could try to reveg it too by putting it back under 24 hours of light.

5 Likes

You have to start using STS about 3 weeks into flowering and have another plant in flowering coming up to be able to use the pollen you eventually get to receive that pollen.

Save at least one clone then you can always make more.

:peace:

if the clones are doing bad then spraying them with any reversing agent isnt gonna help matters, just got to work on making them healthy again

4 Likes

Just reveg https://www.leafly.com/news/growing/how-to-re-veg-marijuana-plants-after-harvest

Life can be simple

4 Likes

The plants in flower are really healthy. Basically they spent way too long in the aerocloner. Then I wanted to modify my veg room so put them in my flower room. After a few days and no end in sight on construction I moved them into a room and left that light on. Was a crappy fluorescent that wad a good 4ft away. They seemed to be fine on Friday. I checked them Sunday and the top growth from the top all the way down to each axial growth started wilting and tip inward turning brown like a phosphorus deficiency.

So I moved them to a closet i used to use for seeds and hung a light up. Probably what I should have done to begin with. But didnt think this room would take that long. I plugged the aerocloner to a powerstrip that has a shutoff button on it and I guess it was switched in the off mode.

Looked at them yesterday and lots were drooped over and even more wilted leaves.

This is what they looked like Sunday

And this was them 2 days before on Friday

I guess u can kind of tell they were going to end up that way. Can kind of see something doesnt look right on the new growth.

Dont got time to nurse them all back to health so will take the one that looks most likely to survive and nurse them back to health and turn it into a mom

2 Likes

I may try that if clonea dont recover.

Last time I revenged a clone taken after 2 weeks of flowering and it put off retarded growth for well over a month before I trashed it.

Which is weird because ive done this before and didnt have issues. Took time to reveg, but not 6 weeks.

2 Likes

yeah looks like the tips died back, but im sure some of the lower side node shoots are still plenty viable id just wait and would trim back to a good one when they are happy again and let those be the dominate apical shoots

3 Likes

All the side growth looks like that as well. Maybe can recover. Just not sure what caused it to correct and stop it progressing

Was thinking lack of light?

2 Likes

I second this. Had you not shown the tips I would have thought I was looking at a totally healthy plant. You have a very good chance at saving these genetics. More than likely, that tip would just yellow and die and the side shoots would come out and make up for it. It’s like you topped it already.

3 Likes

new tip death like that is typically feed/water related as in not getting any or issues, as its the new tips that are doing the most growing feeding off what they are currently receiving which is counter to already formed bigger leaves that are acting as energy converters and storage which will show past issues or what the plants may be lacking if they start consuming the lowers to prioritize new tip growth.

Go back to a base line and give it some time is all you need to do hopefully

6 Likes

Time will tell

Not sure if u guys missed thebpart where the pump sprayers werent on for a whole day and drooped over the plants. They are perking back up. Hell, last grow i had a plants leaves die from not getting water splashed at it after transferring to dwc. All but one part of it died and it kept growing from the alive part

Imma start seeds just in case. These were freebie seeds anyways. But i liked how this green crack is growing

4 Likes

Turns out it was root rot

2 Likes

Bummer :pensive:

1 Like

Yea…looks like new growth is coming up. Not sure how to proceed. Should I cut away all the dead roots and transfer to a system with cooler water like my dwc? The aerocloner pump running 24/7 gets warm quick in there

Never count this plant out

1 Like

I recently got 15 clones like yours from a buddy that had root rot going on so potted 10 of the best candidates to small pots of ProMix and put a clear garbage bag over them to keep them hydrated while they grew new roots. Got 6 survivors so far and maybe a couple more yet tho just one would have been enough to get cuttings from.

Monkey Banana Kush. The two on the far right were the first to revive and I already topped them to get some side branching going. Still need a good going over with the loupe to double check for bugs as some of the leaves look like they have thrip damage and I already had a two year battle with mites from plants I got from this guy once.

You should maybe pot some of those into soil/soilless and get at least one healthy then take cuttings to start a DWC with.

:peace:

1 Like

1 ml per 10 gallons of bleach .
Or 3 ml per gallon of 35 percent food grade hydrogen poroxide kills root rot

5 Likes

Looks like shes coming back to me…

4 Likes

Yup i was going to say h202.

You can leave 2 of the lowest branches on your flowering plants when you harvest them and then put it back under 24hr light and give it a light feed high in nitrogen.The initial new growth will look a bit disformed but will grow out and new chutes for clones will explode from it you can then cut your clones and let the revegged plant grow 30 days and throw it in flower again.