Cloning... My final frontier

Herbie, do you use simple propagator? Or electric like vitopod as example?

1 Like

I havenā€™t been very successful yet either but I havenā€™t tried enough either Iā€™m still a newbie to cloning techniques Iā€™ll post a YouTube vid that I watched yesterday that hits on a lot of points probably discussed already Iā€™ve heard that some strains can be very difficult to clone donā€™t give up!
https://youtu.be/_Ks87q8uwjs

1 Like

Non heated but I monitor the temps and humidity and provide heat if required via other methods :wink:

Can you share your methods?

1 Like

Gas boiler and central heating nothing fancy rofl, room temp for most houses is 18c, so with a propogator light above it getting to 21-25 is no problem. Cooling is more the problem I find so I have been adventuring into led strip lights.

An oscilating fan helps keep the gap between propogator lid and light cool and makes lights run more efficiently when they are cool.

But generally my props are in a room with a radiator and controlled heating by thermostat.

2 Likes

Pretty fancy setup there Master Jedi!

2 Likes

I remember when you asked is that an ozone generator in the pic ROFL.

I replied no its a TRV and you asked whats that ? ROFL

Copied from wikipedia

A thermostatic radiator valve (TRV) is a self-regulating valve fitted to hot water heating system radiator, to control the temperature of a room by changing the flow of hot water to the radiator.

1 Like

Are you making fun of me here!!! LOLOLOLOLOL

I remember that, yeah! :grin:

1 Like

I guess in cr you have air con not central heating rofl pmsl

Some one else asked if the radiator was a reservoir lol, :laughing:

2 Likes

Yeah you got that right, my room temp is 23c and the tent sucking that cool air in, gives for a good and nice 26c with the lamp on running @ 300W, if i increase the wattage on the lamp temp goes thru the roof.

You once said that i needed to rig the a/c in order to blow cold air in the tent, and iā€™m thinking about it you know. I would be able to run the lamp at its full 635W!

2 Likes

Also consider when using AC it will also affect the humidity levels,generally decreasing humidity, which is good when you have a nice canopy of fat colas and want it under 50% as mold spores cant thrives generally below 50% humidity :wink:

Low wattage as they veg and grow filling the net, as the leaves cover the canopy increase wattage and temp and in bloom add the AC winner winner chicken dinner.

Well fish tonight actually rofl

going off topic mr moderator :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Who me? I dunno what youā€™re talking about! LOL

Iā€™m gonna start growing regulars in a few weeks, you know to veg themā€¦ Trying to think what iā€™m gonna grow, cosā€™ iā€™m gonna start cloning someā€¦ and try to find a keeper, with my limited knowledge, if you could even call it that.

2 Likes

tumble dryer venting hose about 4 dollars connect one end to ac output and connect other end to a tent input at the bottom turn up extractor full whack watch and grow hehehehe

Or if you prefer the star trek or star wars look get the 5 inch aluminum flexible ducting probably 10 dollars for 5 meters :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Announcement of the highest priority please everyone listen up!!
I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY ROOTED A CLONE
Yes thatā€™s yelling Iā€™m going to go out on the roof and start shouting!!

Thank you to all and I mean all of you who have posted valuable tips and methods, I canā€™t effing believe it now I need a change of underwear

Fuck yeah!! Roots right in the center of the square, a clone from an unfortunate accident but there it is
Yee ayy uh!!

14 Likes

Very well done! :grin:

2 Likes

congratulations, and it rooted fairly quickly didnt it?

1 Like

CONGRATULATIONS You have just created life.

How many days @Uncle_Al

I hope my post was some help I know I was 12 days late posting but I had to make sure I didnā€™t forget anything. Its easy once you know how like going the shop for milk.

So I had to mentally run through the motions as I had nothing to work with my self at present due to circumstances and house renovations.

YOUR THE DADDY NOW @Uncle_Al

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXTi6Kt8eig

Congratulations from the UK :wink: :clap:

3 Likes

Thank you @Herbie your input was valuable and welcomed

1 Like

I still get that feeling your experiencing every time I pull up a plug and see roots, it never goes away :wink:

I think its like the (grow tents) addictive camping products or the gym.

You just cant beat that feeling of creating life, and getting all excited every time :sunglasses:.

Just be warned, you will turn round one day and go holy fuck I cant move, I have filled the floor space with rooted clones.

Tip start in the corner opposite the door, and work back towards the door, or you get trapped by clones (clone wars) !!

:joy: Been there done that :joy:

A warning to anyone who has the gift to create life :wink: :imp: ;

You may just find yourself like the Guy at the very front in this video Yes the guy holding the staff leading the troops while they all play in tune in very miticulously pruned uniformity, all well practiced and versed in what they have to do to perform.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCXsjYZLPKA

You may get carried away and one day turn round like the guy leading the band, then realize just how focused youā€™ve been while working hard. Imagine they turn the lights on in the stadium at the end of the show, your hard work and dedication of performing, then imagine all those people stand up, their feet are the roots, they are the clones, the stadium is your grow room, its completely packed evenly from top to bottom and front to back and side to side and the band is ready to perform once again.

This brings back memories for me of working in greenhouses in Holland having to produce 500 clones per day, wearing my head phones, head down, hard to work, turn around and at the end of shift and go HOLY F**K, then do it all again tomorrow. By then end of the week when the first clones took were rooting I used to be surrounded by thousands of clones.

Back in the days of my youth :sunglasses:

7 Likes

:joy: :grin: :laughing:

3 Likes