Closed for good

No breakfast until 5pm tonight, I only eat in a 4 hour window everyday. On my 3rd coffee and MCT oil though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I canā€™t get the hang of a long fast, I get too hangry lol. I do love me some MCT oil and coffee, infused with canna for me though :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Closed for good

7 Likes

I am not a pollen chucker myself, tried and failed miserably lol, the BBNK were a happy accident.

I think the variation of different genetics from each plant is going to be greatly diverse just within each pollen grain, to make it best to use both but for outdoor growing, the more chance of producing something hardier would be good as they are supposed to be better at keeping mold and pm at bay as a strain already so its a good characteristic to have.

2 Likes

Yessir, about my thoughts as well, might as well mix it and let nature decide, we are just the custodians after all, funny how Darwin still remains relevant :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Closed for good

5 Likes

Got some hairs going. Some nice fat ones coming out of the cuts.

1 Like

You might get away with it depends how much chlorine your tap water has in it. If you let your tap water stand a minimum of 24 hours the chlorine gasses off and you will have more chance of bacteria development. Bottled spring water is better though.

I have made labs with sour organic milk and also using organic, brown rice, sugar and pink rock salt. The rice version is less stinky and you donā€™t get a load of cheese curds to deal with.

3 Likes

Yeah I hear you on the bottled. Ufortunately I have chlorine and clorimine as well. Idk if itā€™s a USA thing but chloramine really canā€™t be removed unless you can let it sit for a long long time. I have seen where half life is around 24 hours for it. Iā€™m not super sure about that, and I also donā€™t really know whatā€™s a high level of those two. Iā€™m curious as to Korea and if they use chlorine for their municipal water? I never see it mentioned in the texts, but maybe itā€™s not translated over?

I found out that my fridge filter takes away the chlorine but idk about chlorimine, so If this doesnā€™t work I will probably use the fridge water next time. I DID get those clones to root using my tap, so I figure it canā€™t be too high of a level? Idk, only time will tell.

I used jasmine rice, which I found out, isnā€™t the preferred? I have a bag of organic Louisiana grown rice that I will try next time. Fun fact, Louisiana at one point was the USAā€™s largest producer of rice.

4 Likes

Some places are worse than others. I noticed it the most Sunday mornings. I smell chlorine real strong. But Iā€™ve never shot away from it. Iā€™ve always felt like a little chlorine is OK. Just me. Keeps your soil from getting moldy. When I lived in Colorado it was the worst.

2 Likes

I feel you, I definitely think it helps with fungus and mold like you sayā€¦ Colorado jeez, I have YET to visit there, where did you live?..Iā€™m about to be going for a veteran retreat! In the San Juan mountain range. Will be my first time there, Iā€™m crazy excited. Hopefully the fires donā€™t bother us, I know itā€™s dry season there.

3 Likes

Youā€™ll have a good time. I sent you a DM. Peace

2 Likes

The chloramin or chlorine depending on what they want to call it, kills of bacteria in the water so it takes longer to get the fermentation process started if it starts.

You could collect rain water and use that as it will already be probiotic :wink:

3 Likes

Yes! I believe you are right. Itā€™s not enough to actually stop the process but enough to significantly slow it down

Iā€™m noticing that with the rice wash, itā€™s way slower than the ferment, and it could be why itā€™s taking my cuttings so long to root in cups of water as well.

I need to build a dang rain barrel, I just have been procrastinating on it. Will be my first time and Iā€™m definitely not intelligent when it comes to DIY stuff. I can read, research, and write about topics with ease, but it takes me much longer to understand crafting.

I found some on Craigslist around me for 30$ for the 55 gallon drums, I just need to figure out if one will fit in my subie outback lol.

Thanks for the push, it will go on my to do list this week :sweat_smile: :sunglasses:

1 Like

A 5 gal bucket is a good start, but it depends how much it rains where you are, and how much water you need I guess.

I tried using rain water for my plants but it seemed to cause problems, might have been coincedental to other problems, but the problems stopped shortly after I went back on tap water left to stand 24 hours min before use.

2 Likes

I do the rain water as much as possible. He is correct about wanting for the bleach to air out. Lol. @Shadey is a good hand. He has a eye for art.

2 Likes

It rains a lot here.

Hmm, for some reason I thought I needed to scrub the water through sand or gravel.

I guess thatā€™s silly and I can just collect it lol. See, I way overthink things! Thanks! :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with creativity. Lol

1 Like

If I were going to drink it, I would filter with sand and rocks :wink:

Part of my problem may have been contaminants from the roofing shingles on my workshop roof as I collected it from the overflow off that when it rains. I just sat 2 X 5 gal buckets where it drips the most off the edge, kept me in rain water all summer. We get a fair bit here in NS with a maritime climate.

1 Like

Ahh okay, thatā€™s what I was thinking of then lol.

Good call, I actually was going to build one and put it under the drip off of my workshop roof thatā€™s sheet metal to grab the drip as well. I had wondered about if it was safe or not, or would be full of unwanted particles. Saves me another headache!

@Hemp yes @Shadey is very helpful and patient :sweat_smile:

Creativity can be good for sure, but with me it usually ends up in what I call ā€œparalyzed by choice.ā€ :grimacing:Too many ideas that never come to fruition because I canā€™t focus. I think it might be partially to blame for why I have never been much of a ā€œdoer,ā€ and more of a ā€œdreamer.ā€

Makes me super appreciative of gardening in general tbh. Things happen at a slower pace so I donā€™t panic, and even when I procrastinate, nature donā€™t give AF and will continue to do what she does, but I know Iā€™m always welcome back :vulcan_salute:

5 Likes