Closet Chronicles : Growing With Mr.Sparkle 2019

So a pump in the rez comes on at certain times, pushes food/water up through the lines at your determined times, then drains back into the rez??? All automated, is that how it works??? IF SO…pretty cool!!!

4 Likes

Yes sir cheap to build as well, only about $20 in parts per reservoir, the irrigation heads being the most expensive parts at about $8 a piece…

10 Likes

Do they stay in those pots the entire grow?

1 Like

What type of training did you do for your girl? She looks great. You did an amazing job taking care of her.

2 Likes

Mr Sparks explains everything as he goes.
There’s a cubic shitload of posts with all the details on OG from ~14months ago. Well worth the read imo.
I’d love to read them again, but i can’t even keep up with a poofteenth of the good stuff here now.

9 Likes

Ikea kids cups, or the square pots, but yes they remain in them the entire grow, occasionally i’ll repot but i can probably count on one hand how many times ive done that in the last year or two.

Just flopping, which is essentially the traditional method of supercropping but just being more aware of the crush and bend radius of the branches and where you want to place them, also do leaf tucking as you can manipulate what branches sense more light and cause certain ones to either grow past others or at least keep pace while slowing down others

heres an old post about the flopping

9 Likes

Not to be a hassle… but I tried looking through the pics. Does the water drain out of the pots onto the lid and back into the tank, or do you have holes that the roots and drain back go into… kind ofike the octopots.

I just started researching octopots so now I’m looking at all options lol

3 Likes

I’m growing 3 autos right now. They are still babies. So when they get older. I’m going one lst, one just growing normal and than the 3rd one. I’m going to try your way and see what happens. :slight_smile: thanks for the thread and ideas. Keep on posting!

2 Likes

just holes in the lid, as you can see some of those holes have tape over them, but there are others underneath the cups, but say if the runoff/feedwater extra doesnt go down those holes and there is enough of it, it just runs to the center where the irrigation standoff pipe is and runs through the small gap between it and the lid.

5 Likes

That’s pretty cool! I take it root bound isn’t much of an issue just because they flood and drain and the nutrients are abundant?

1 Like

you may find, you will like the flopping method, you do have to come back and adjust occasionally but once you get a hang of it and what the plants can take or how they recover, doing things like LST or scrogging or the likes just doesn’t make sense anymore.

Saying that though doesn’t mean that sometimes i still have to tie plants down or “Z” the stems but those are more last resort type adjustments

8 Likes

Rootbound is a state of mind over here… lol

picture from a couple days ago, when i culled the one flowering plant

27 Likes

You’re a monster…

9 Likes

His f*cking :wastebasket: trash can is cleaner than my kitchen. Maybe even the dishes in the cupboard.

We know you’ve got that UV setup for :fork_knife_plate: the cupboard & drawers.

:joy: :v:

:evergreen_tree: :poop:

10 Likes

Compost bin btw lol.

6 Likes

Day 43 F putting along and defitnely forming seeds mainly on one branch but elsewhere as well.

Day 19/10

Removed that last Crystal Candy just cause. Others are picking up though.

24 Likes

Day 45 F Moving along, its starting to consume on the leaves a bit, so just gonna watch my res levels and probably will have to start pulling the feed back as it consumes less.

Also a seeded bud shot

And a lower side bud shot, cheating by using flash, and notice the stowaway seed due to my “if other branches get pollinate a little so be it” type attitude i had when pollinating the one branch on this plant.

Day 21/12

The autos, plucked some lowers off the Gold Glues just for lower pot access for watering and the leaves would of just been consumed later on by the plant anyways.

The Blue Toofs are alright, but depending on what they do this week a couple will probably be leaving.

So also been going through my seeds or at least debating things, with a more focused mindset that im applying a sort of rule that the lady was reading about in an essentialism book she’s reading, obviously i equateded it to plants but it resonates a bit to me. The rule was that if you ranked your choices of something or stuff to do from 0-100%, only those that were in the 90% or higher range is what you should follow or pursue… Just the thought of the week anyways, so been contemplating on my current seeds, what to run, what to keep, and what to toss…

21 Likes

Day 47 F

Plant is finishing out, its res EC level had spiked quite high and even on the refill i did yesterday it still spiked overnight, so she’s shutting down so i have dropped the res to 1200µS, i expect it to raise over the next bit though, but will adjust as needed.

Day 23/14

Swapped out the reservoirs to some shorter ones which i plan on running as standard unless i need to go away for longer than a week then i have the big ones as backups. Small ones are just easier to deal with, and im only filling 3-4 liters at a time so they make more sense to run, had to go buy two of them though, more excess plastic in this world.

18 Likes

What kind if yield do you expect out of that top one
… looks heavy!

2 Likes

no idea pot and all its about 900g right now, but once dried i don’t know probably between 40-90g as its only in a 400ml pot.

Wasn’t really concerned and or guessing on it… Is getting hefty though, probably has another week or so just by how its going.

7 Likes