Closet Chronicles : Growing With Mr.Sparkle 2019

Only one branch was sprayed, so any silver would be on or in the plant material for that lone branch which is already in the compost bin… Other branches though are fine to consume as they don’t have silver on or in them, unless one was careless in how they sprayed causing over spray to land on other plant material, so that which i took precautions for when spraying and also consider i make either rosin or alcohol extracted resin from most all the bud so potential silver carry over is essentially nothing.

As for enough time for seeds to finish out… possibly if i leave it long enough and it keeps going, but by that point the rest of the plant will be long since harvested as only the seeded branch will remain till viable seeds are produced, assuming i keep the plant around till then as im on the fence as to whether i want to continue on with working this cross.

10 Likes

I’ve often wondered the same thing… I kind of figured the amount of silver in the un sprayed plant should be so minimal it should be harmless… especially compared to some of the trashy street weed I’ve had over the years.

4 Likes

That’s good to know, I was going to spray one bud/branch on the purple punch I’ve just started. Would be nice to enjoy the rest of the plant, might just do an alcohol extract with it to be on the safe side.

Cheers Johnny

4 Likes

Day 40 F

Day 25/16/7

Changed watering duration on the young ones to a overwater type situation just to see a suspicion i have, currently set at 6sec per 8hrs, and back to running low levels for at least the start at 1200µS or so of the latest MC that ive been mixing up as a concentrated solutions and decanting off the the top due to undissolvable sediment it contains…

23 Likes

So a pump in the rez comes on at certain times, pushes food/water up through the lines at your determined times, then drains back into the rez??? All automated, is that how it works??? IF SO…pretty cool!!!

4 Likes

Yes sir cheap to build as well, only about $20 in parts per reservoir, the irrigation heads being the most expensive parts at about $8 a piece…

10 Likes

Do they stay in those pots the entire grow?

1 Like

What type of training did you do for your girl? She looks great. You did an amazing job taking care of her.

2 Likes

Mr Sparks explains everything as he goes.
There’s a cubic shitload of posts with all the details on OG from ~14months ago. Well worth the read imo.
I’d love to read them again, but i can’t even keep up with a poofteenth of the good stuff here now.

9 Likes

Ikea kids cups, or the square pots, but yes they remain in them the entire grow, occasionally i’ll repot but i can probably count on one hand how many times ive done that in the last year or two.

Just flopping, which is essentially the traditional method of supercropping but just being more aware of the crush and bend radius of the branches and where you want to place them, also do leaf tucking as you can manipulate what branches sense more light and cause certain ones to either grow past others or at least keep pace while slowing down others

heres an old post about the flopping

9 Likes

Not to be a hassle… but I tried looking through the pics. Does the water drain out of the pots onto the lid and back into the tank, or do you have holes that the roots and drain back go into… kind ofike the octopots.

I just started researching octopots so now I’m looking at all options lol

3 Likes

I’m growing 3 autos right now. They are still babies. So when they get older. I’m going one lst, one just growing normal and than the 3rd one. I’m going to try your way and see what happens. :slight_smile: thanks for the thread and ideas. Keep on posting!

2 Likes

just holes in the lid, as you can see some of those holes have tape over them, but there are others underneath the cups, but say if the runoff/feedwater extra doesnt go down those holes and there is enough of it, it just runs to the center where the irrigation standoff pipe is and runs through the small gap between it and the lid.

5 Likes

That’s pretty cool! I take it root bound isn’t much of an issue just because they flood and drain and the nutrients are abundant?

1 Like

you may find, you will like the flopping method, you do have to come back and adjust occasionally but once you get a hang of it and what the plants can take or how they recover, doing things like LST or scrogging or the likes just doesn’t make sense anymore.

Saying that though doesn’t mean that sometimes i still have to tie plants down or “Z” the stems but those are more last resort type adjustments

8 Likes

Rootbound is a state of mind over here… lol

picture from a couple days ago, when i culled the one flowering plant

27 Likes

You’re a monster…

9 Likes

His f*cking :wastebasket: trash can is cleaner than my kitchen. Maybe even the dishes in the cupboard.

We know you’ve got that UV setup for :fork_knife_plate: the cupboard & drawers.

:joy: :v:

:evergreen_tree: :poop:

10 Likes

Compost bin btw lol.

6 Likes

Day 43 F putting along and defitnely forming seeds mainly on one branch but elsewhere as well.

Day 19/10

Removed that last Crystal Candy just cause. Others are picking up though.

24 Likes