Closet Chronicles : Growing With Mr.Sparkle 2019

Sooooooooooo been tinkering…

Light output is about the same with how i was running things on both side, but everything else is better, heat, coverage, form factor, weight and 1/2 to 1/3rd the price. Also better adjustability with this AB driver and it goes as low as 10w up to 130w from the wall in my setup, but i have it setup to max out at 100w currently and its about a 93-94.5% efficiency with what i measured.

Total cost for the swap $125cnd or about $95usd all in, the aluminum panel wasn’t counted as its a cut down old sign.

So anyone looking at buying a used 10 stix solstrip and hlg-120 and hlg-150 driver setup :wink: , i know @TrevorLahey may want dibs lol

Just swapping things for my own reasons

Oh and the new strips are Bridgelux EB series Gen 2’s for reference in the 3500k and 280mm length

New XLG driver on the top, my old HLG-150 on the bottom, saying that though the XLG-150 is 4 cm longer than the 100 but thats still 4cm shorter than the HLG

26 Likes

Definitely looks brighter on the right side. Good work man that’s a badass light built my style…cheap haha

5 Likes

What are the dimensions on that light setup?

2 Likes

@ChronicMcBudz new one is 12" by 20"

4 Likes

I like the side by side. Pretty sweet setup!!!

1 Like

Smoking a joint of your stuff today. The colours are beautiful when you bust er up. :v:

28 Likes

Boooyee that’s sure purdy !

6 Likes

Day 35/45

Defoliated them a few days pack, doing decent, feed water EC is pushing high and then i get spotting and burns “phosphorus excess ?” is my guess.

21 Likes

Day 39/49

Removed the Cream Mandarin, it got hit hard with runnign high pH wise, it was coming back but said screw it just to give the GTxSBR some more space.

I need to get some pot level fans going though, so will be looking into some mini tower fans or maybe a portable bladeless that i can modify.

They are all running into some feed issues, but i won’t get into with what i think is going on, as really i know crap all nutrient wise, all i want is a single product that works with just adjust EC, the newer formulation of megacrop seems a bit finicky, but there new revision may address that.

18 Likes

Is the top pick the mandarin?

2 Likes

Oh and i guess you can see, the left side got a light as well, so im now running only the bridgelux eb gen 2 strips, and the solstrips are in a box for now…

@Mongobongo nope thats the Ghost toof sugar black rose from reiko, structure wise though they were quite similar

4 Likes

That one looks to be a winner

2 Likes

@toastyjakes has one going as well as @TrevorLahey i believe

5 Likes

You most likely LAUGH…but i will give you a HOT TIP !!! I have used it and used it ONLY for 5 years now, NOT SEEN MY FIRST ISSUE YET!!!

Urban Farms Texas Tomato Food. YUP!!! THE SHIT!!! Hydro, DWC, soil, does not matter. I will never use anything else. In 5 years I have not so much as even thought about my feeding.

That is for flower…for veg…same great ass results…Texas Vegetable Fertilizer, by the same folks.

Usage is 1 tablespoon per gallon, the 30 buck gallon jug makes 256 gallons!!! Same with the veg formula.

4.0-2.7-6.5

For ALL large vegetables too! Check out this 817lb pumpkin grown on Texas Tomato Food! Click to enlarge photo.

256:1 dilution ratio.! One gallon makes 256 gallons of full-strength working nutrient solution!

Read the Testimonials: authentic and unedited

Lower nitrogen, high potassium and calcium for added weight and sweetness in tomatoes, cucumbers, melons, squash, and eggplant. Typically used from fruit set on.

Bat guanos, Sea Kelp, Mycorrhizae, Earthworm Castings, Humic Acid, Vitazyme®, Amino Acids, and Hydroponic-grade minerals. Use Urban Farm Fertilizers in our Urban Farm GroSystems, soil, drip systems, or hand-watering for complete nutrition and eye-popping yields.

Texas Tomato Food Formula is a premium, greenhouse-grade tomato fertilizer for tomatoes, squash, cucumbers, eggplant, and melons. It has been developed over many years of trials and tissue analysis to provide the highest nutrition for fruiting vegetables.

All Urban Farm Formulas are designed to produce stunning results in soil and potted plants, as well as hydroponics.

Best to start young plants on All-Purpose Vegetable Fertilizer and switch to Texas Tomato Food after fruit set.

Optimized for tomato lovers! If you are dedicated to tomatoes and want the biggest and juiciest around then you need Texas Tomato Food tomato fertilizer, the finest tomato fertilizer made. Our year-round trials have steadily dialed in this formula. Works well as an all-around vegetable fertilizer, but is targeted for tomatoes.

We have also demonstrated that humic acid, bat guano, sea kelp, earthworm castings, and enzymes in the correct ratios and concentration add significantly to metabolic processes and the uptake of nutrients. Our formulas are the result of years of ongoing side-by-side trials and tissue analysis.

I SWEAR BY IT…if you buy it, and DO NOT LOVE IT…I will buy the bottle back from you.

I use it in my Octopot’s too. EVERY FILL UP gets 1 tablespoon per gallon…EVERY ONE…YET, NO nute build ups, NO over feed situations, NO nothing but HAppY PLANTS…

15 Likes

Looks like great stuff @Jetdro but as far as I can see here it’s not available in Canada.

1 Like

You cannot order from Amazon to Canada???

2 Likes

Since the mid 70’s I have used pretty much everything out there. ONE RUN with this and I THREW EVERYTHING OUT…NO PH meters, NO PH up nor Down, No changing nute schedules and having to remember what and when to feed. It is that simple. All my plants you have seen me run here were using this food and nothing else.
50State’s Orange Goji is BLOWING UP on it. I have reco’d it to many folks, those that have tried it, have thrown out everything else too. It works so well I HAD to share it!!!

5 Likes

Nope. At least on most things, including Texas Tomato Food.

We have our own Amazon, but alot of stuff, including Texas Tomato Food, isnt on it.

Sucks being a Canadian sometimes.

4 Likes

Bummer…I tried…wonder if straight from Urban Farms could be done.
They are 65 miles south of my home, went down there last year to check them out.

Played it cool…but think they had a clue…lol…they cornered me, asked me what I was growing with their product…I looked at the ground, lol, then up and said…Tomato’s OF COURSE!!

It was silent for about 10 seconds, then the 2 brothers (owners) cracked up and almost went to tears. They KNEW what I was growing, then showed me their HUGE hydroponic setup…HINTING at what I COULD do with that !!! They had Tomato’s in theirs…LMAO…but THEY KNOW…and agreed it was PERFECT for Bud, but WAS designed for fruit…

5 Likes

Sounds like my kind of stuff. I’m so over 9 different bottles of nutrient :v:

7 Likes