Closet Chronicles : Growing With Mr.Sparkle 2019

PROMISE…it is ALL THAT IS NEEDED!!! Buy both formulas, in the gallon size your set for a few minutes.
NO PH required, have not even TESTED my water in 5 years! I DO let it sit out 48 hours BEFORE mixing nutes into it, to let the chlorine come out of it…that is all.

DO NOT get their Garden of Eden…TOO HOTT!!! Got a gallon sitting here because I ordered stoned, and got the wrong bottle…tried it…WAY too hot for my liking.

My 2 plants that are nute sensitive, will “claw” a bit, and if backed off to 1/2 tablespoon on them per gallon, the claw goes away.

3 Likes

Never cease to amaze me. Your DD’s are Purdy. Lol Never say that to a woman.:blush:. I couldn’t get one to germinate. I got a beauty going man. I had a little FG issue. Haven’t seen any. I love to see your work?

Anything top secret future projects? I’m worse than the paparazzi. Nice new lights. I’m sure you find another project for the others. Just wantes to say thank you. Keep breeding and showing those beauties off. Be safe.

4 Likes

Hey, you have Megacrop.

Or else make your own :grin:

2 Likes

Day 41/51

Right side is actually starting to finish up front most plant is going take the longest, but it seems early, should still have a good 10+ days but i bet ill be chopping at the end of the week with one or two of them, if they continue growing they will just be wisping out from here.

As for the left side its going, showing issues but im playing with EC levels right now seeing if things worsen or get better. Will say THe GTxSBR definitely doesn’t like to be flopped, live and learn.

20 Likes

Very nice! Fat little monkey’s aint they, lol.

Your Dark Spark’s went 4/4 and all 4 healthy. Ready to see mini magic myself :grin:

5 Likes

@Mr.Sparkle. Looking great. Do you have a link or.a wrote up on your new light setup? I thought you said it was bridgelux strips. Please put me down. Have a good one bud.

1 Like

@Baltimore they are and no, just what’s posted above, they are bridgelux eb series Gen 2’s and coupled to Meanwells new XLG drivers, all bought off digikey, if your thinking of building something to fit a space ill offer my help in picking out parts and just what you would have to do, was Easy…

Oh and i never responded to your previous question of do i have anything in the works, answer is no other than just making better plants, i want to get a bit more stabilized version of these darkdevil/darksparks first but its gonna take bit of work, but i think i now where i want to head with them or at least what ill be looking for in my next selections. That and just running other genetics looking for stuff i like, but i probably wont be starting anything new till late september due to some holidays.

10 Likes

Awesome. I have a very uniform dark green “Dark” pheno. Couldnt get them to pop. Finally I got a great one. Man check out the node space on this lady.

Beautiful everything. It’s been preying. You can tell it’s gonna be tough and hardy. Thanks gonna be a stunner.

I have a green pheno I need to cull. I just can’t bring.myself to do it. It’s got full on witch fingering. Oh well. Thanks for the help bud. Let me know if you release testers please. I always have a slot open for something you’re working on. Have a good one. Be safe bud.
-J

7 Likes

@Baltimore i’ll respond here just so others can see, right now shes looking really happy and she is right at that stage to take off, this is where your probably gonna have to decrease times between a waterings or up how much you give her, but the question to think about is she getting perky right after a watering or during the mornings or jsut all the way through the day… cause that will tell you something for how the plant is reacting or doing, when they are growing fast now you get to see how your running like nutrients, watering, light duration/intensity, as they will tell you within a couple days of growth.

Go time :wink:

9 Likes

When you say green phrno, are you talking about dark devil or any other red family plant? If so just because it’s green now it doesn’t mean it won’t get dark buds. These plants have originated from a chitral and need some cold at night/dark stimulate the red tones. Because that’s what happens to them in the wild. If your are growing indoors maybe consider putting a mini AC or an ice pack in there to reduce the temps. Just a thought :grin:

2 Likes

Lol na I went through this. I still don’t have a full grasp. Dark Devils. “Da green” “fuzz” and the others are phenos he’s worked. Just his way of kepping track. I understand cold brings on colors lol.Tons of outdoor grows. Indoor is it’s own beast.

Ive had issues by not listening to just keeping track of feeding schedules and temps. It’s not as easy for me indoors and it’s simple things…Im focusing on a dead leaf and not the whole picture. Im gonna get it. Theyre perky all day. God knows.:blush: The “dark pheno”, I had serious trouble germinating. I got what went wrong. Sorry I’m on another thread. Basically in hard headed.

2 Likes

@curiouscat and @Baltimore Typically once the plant starts to hit flower its gonna give you a good indication of what its gonna do color wise the calyx’s will show, and sure at the end of its life as it uses up nutrient stores its color will change but only to a point. The green pheno in mention typically will remain “green” throughout its life but i use the term “green” loosely, typically the green pheno is actually a paler yellow green and will morph into a color that has more yellow and or purplish tinged tips at the end. So its not really green in comparison to other strains but in regards to these plants its definitely the green pheno.

Also its actually a higher chance from my experience that if its expressing dark green now, and say has purpling under stems to the leaves and bases that it will be a purple plant later on, just wait as that’s what i expect that plant to do for you @Baltimore, but hey each plant is different so we won’t know till it shows.

As for cold inducing color change sure it can and does happen whether forced or not but colors only change to a point, to me there is no reason to try and push plants to look a certain way when they don’t have the underlying ability to express it naturally, sure you can modify it by dropping feed near then end or flushing them out or making them cold, but usually that really only has a distinct impact on the leaves your gonna be chopping off anyways not the buds, so i just let them do there own thing and try and keep them happy throughout.

9 Likes

After taking a few minutes to look through the components involved, etc., and cost, I think I know where my next light upgrade will come. :+1: I agree, SILs are becoming defunct, it seems, but when I first came on OG 2.0 I would have never imagined even growing cannabis with SILs.

To be honest, I was stunned when I realized the price of the strips, because 1 strip=1 SIL cost wise, not to mention the socket… the differential in sockets would cover cost of driver it seems… less heat, better light, lower power usage… really a no brainer… and yes hindsight is 20/20…lol

Personally, I am grateful for individuals like yourself on OG, because you take out the legwork and make it easier for people on here to learn…

A question regarding drivers, etc… Would it be possible to run say 6-8 strips each, in two separate cabinets, off one driver, but with 2 separate dimmers controlling each cabinet, or would they have to just use the same dimmer control? It’s just, I have 2 cabinets stacked on top of each other, that run on the same time period, but used differently, if you understand what I mean?

I was going to PM you, but if my questions help others, then all the better…

Peace
DaFozz

6 Likes

@anon95954822 Forsure and yeah prices are cheap i just ordered off digikey.ca for the parts, as for drivers in order to have that adjustability you would need to run two separate drivers, yes there are ways to run it off one driver, but then your adding in extra current/voltage limiter circuits and depending on how that is set up it will either just be wasting that excess energy as heat, and or forcing it onto the other circuit, so simplest solution is just to get two drivers or just run each grouping at the same power but vary say there intensity by changing up there distance to the plants, but that can only go so far.

5 Likes

This is why I ask…lol :+1:

Even buying separate drivers, it would still pay off in the long run… and digikey was where I looked, and when I order, I will make sure it is over $100.00 to take advantage of free shipping I guess…lol

I am trying to figure out a pattern at the moment for my 20X20 spaces given the dimensions of the strips, to provide the best coverage, and wondering if possible to wire in 4 cobs in the corners, or just rely on strips down the middle???

Really, I guess it is trial and error, so it really can’t be answered until I try it…

Peace
DaFozz

3 Likes

@anon95954822 id just do strips for ease, mind you if you laid them out in sorta a + pattern i see why the thought of corner cobs, but could stagger them too just would have darker edges unless you ran a strip down the edges of the other ones.

The XLG-200-L-AB may be what you will want to use as at 142-285v at 700ma, that would mean you could run 14 strips per cab and have them split in series circuits for a total of 28 strips, that or just getting two of the xlg-100 drivers like i did, but my layout is different.

5 Likes

Day 43/53

Right side is looking more and more down, just wanting to throw out wisps now. Some will get chopped on the weekend.

Left side due to a decrease in time between waterings and a bit more water each time the plant decided to perk up, also helped a couple of the branches with some solid core copper wire for support, but being a mess but also coming around. Smell from it is overpowering my filter though…

23 Likes

Beautiful work. Two drivers sounds great. I have 4 cobs in my little space. I’d have an extra 6 to 7" to play with. The strips are probably gonna last forever :wink:. I’m gonna get a driver like Mr. S said. That way I can add strips as I get more money, or have different needs for different lights. The lower heat is awesome. Have a good one yall.

2 Likes

Absolutely. I’m not gonna swing my temps wildly. I have a very dense unknown plant that I can’t allow to rot. Condensation will kill it. The buds are like rocks. I have great airflow now and nice temps. Smoothed out nicely. I love the look of the green. Purdy bud. Have a good one sir.

1 Like

Well Day 46/56 from sprout

Left side the GTxSBR with the increased feed still looks fine, old spotting and issues but its moving along so whatever, been over powering my filter though…

Right side on the other hand, with the non cabinet shots that only means one thing… harvest time they were quick this round and to think only 8 weeks ago they had just popped ground.

29 Likes