Closetgrowth's "Old School" Grow pictures!... Past and Present! :)

Hello George, And your very welcome. Not sure what you meant “still have water”… etc… The dwc iam running has nutrients in a bucket, with a heavy duty air pump that pumps high volumes of oxygen to the nutrient solution.

Yah, the only reason I dont run hydro all year long, is because of the ambient temperature being too warm in the summer time.

Things are cooling down now, and thats when I get the buckets up and running.

And yes, you are correct… Its pretty hard to get the same yields/results with a soil grow…Its almost impossible, unless its an outside grow.

I was thinking of getting a bunch of 5 gallon coolers from walmart or home depot, and exchanging em out for the buckets. This way, the nutrient temps would always stay nice and cool. Looking into it now…

Thanks for stopping by, and good luck to your grow ops… Enjoy reading your threads. Have a nice day! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Now that’s what I’m talking about!!

3 Likes

High Rock! Seen some guy running these, and thought to myself… Thats a kickass idea!!! The description says it will keep ice in a somewhat “frozen” state for up to 3 days… Thats some serious insulation brah!!.. Ya,… If it goes right, I may just switch out to Dwc year round, ya know. :innocent:

3 Likes

Also easy res changes

1 Like

They even have em with wheels, if you wanna pay the extra bucks… lol

1 Like

Sorry man, I cannot quote on mobile. Thought ebb and flow was similar to RWDC, I was thinking on getting one LemonadeJoe suggested, the PLANT!T Aeros IV System

Was guessing that if the water pump was coitus all the plants would have water anyway. You should put your tuto in the GrowFAQ, there are very useful infos there, cheers …

2 Likes

Good evening George … :grinning:

Yah, those setups are pretty cool. But personally, I like my plants isolated from each other, in case one plant gets some sort of root disease, or fungi and spreads the funk to the others… Thats the only reason why I haven’t bought/made one. But, The advantage of rdwc is that you can connect a “chiller” real easily. Pro’s and con’s…

I think Im gonna give the “Ice cooler” a try… Good luck in whatever you choose. Thanks for stopping by. :relaxed:

4 Likes

Your roots always look white and shiny, with those extra powered bubbles and water change schedule I don’t think you ever had those problems. I will put a potent air pump and no stones and cross my fingers, thanks for the explanation … :sunglasses:

4 Likes

That right there,… along with some of the Jacks, and you’ll be smiling like you Won the Lottery!! :smile:

3 Likes

"“GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO CANT WAIT”** :smile:

5 Likes

NEVER SKIMP ON THE AIR PUMP! :wink:

Flowering pump

6 Likes

Got the same one. Hasn’t let me down yet.

1 Like

Sweet! They put out like no other. Might as well call em an air compressor! Good God!!! :laughing:

Unfortunately, I usually have to make an “exchange” every 6 months… 24 hours of continuous use seems to wear em out… Just like my fans etc… Always something eh? :wink:

1 Like

The recently transplanted GS are looking more relaxed in their new home. When my plants run good, I run good!! … Im sure “all” of you can relate. :grinning::beer:

**Lots of new shoots growing on this girl… **

3 Likes

Are those revegging coming off of clippings off of a flowering plant?

1 Like

Yes, they were snipped from a slightly flowering GS plant… The intense summer heat we had this year ruined my GS Mother. Sometimes ya gotta do what you gotta do.

1 Like

Understood :+1:

1 Like

Are you gonna go ahead and keep at flower so ya have 1 big bud?

1 Like

Hahaha, Nahhh,… I’ll leave these girls in veg until I see the 5 bladed leaves, and gain some heighth. THEN, I’ll flower em!.. Made a new GS mother, and will treat her like “Gold” … She’s in the garage(insulated), in a much cooler place under a 400 hps all to herself… Learned a lesson… lol

2 Likes

Yah, Sooo,… Me and my Girl have been talking about moving once again… Been here almost 4 years, and my grows have had problem after problem… Its one of the hobby’s that I truly Love, But since my living headquarters is so elevated, I constantly run into heat issues. For instance, Its about 60 degree’s outside right now… But up here in my high performance tree fort, its right around 82+(Dual thouies)… Im not sure if I wanna get involved with LED(Cooler temps). Im an old school grower, and I grew up running Hps. Im stuck in my old ways.

Anyways, The winter months are near, … And that is to my advantage, and Im going full throttle til summer!!! Gotta Git R Done!!! :wave: :grinning:

So, its Official, Looking for a new place, Seriously… I’ll make a profit,…Real estate around here is going up! up!! up!!! :grin:

3 Likes