Closetgrowth's "Old School" Grow pictures!... Past and Present! :)

I dont run any non-return valves,… Never had the nutrient water run back to the pump in all these years… Although, May be a good idea. And that is correct, no air stones… A hose runs directly from my air pump to the interior of the bucket. Very basic, and simple.

I made a cheesy tutorial on how I go about things with my dwc setup… and its in this thread…

Please scroll to page 225, thats where it begins . Anymore questions, feel free to ask. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good morning everybody! :wave: :grinning:

Well, even more root growth from the Glass Slipper in the dwc bucket.

And the best part, the roots are ultra white, a much brighter white than the Passion Fruit strain.

The GS plant is looking pretty good, and growing like it should be. Right on track… Sure glad to be messing with hydroponics again… I feel right at home!. :blush:

**Yip,…Something about hydro “roots” that really turns my crank! … Hard to explain

** First picture was taken yesterday, early afternoon, … and the second is from this morning… Major difference!.. DWC aka “Plants on steroids”… lol

2 Likes

Got alot to deal with! Running out of room! lol… And,… my friends/acquaintances are pestering me each,and everyday, about the Glass Slipper… When are you getting more?!! Getting kinda pushy, or demanding… Oh Boi! …

Yup,…Might have to 86 the other strains after they finish, and stick to what everyone is requesting. Afterall, I dont smoke a whole lot, and I cant smoke everything Im growing. Maybe I should make some dabs… At least the wife will be happy! … hmmm… :neutral_face:

1 Like

Tellem to wish in one hand and shit in the other, see which fills up first.

2 Likes

Hahahahahha… Oh Man! :joy:

1 Like

GLASS SLIPPER Soil & DWC bubbler … The 5 digit leaves are under construction!!.. :grinning::+1:

4 Likes

Well, looks like another strain is making its way over to CG’s crib! :grinning:

Had the chance to get some of them “My Orange Goji f1’s” … Very excited to get my hands on these fine genetics!.. Thanks so much!! @50State & @LemonadeJoe

OVERGROW IS THE SHIZZNIT! :trophy:

I’ll make a new thread once I get em!! Wooo hooooo! :wave::smile::+1:

8 Likes

Good lord I would love to see the growth rate of those bad girls in buckets. That shit would no doubt blow your mind. They already have hydro vigor in soil. Now actually put them in hydro…now that’s some epic shit right there

2 Likes

Hello Mr. Rock! :slight_smile: Yah, it would be awesome! Haven’t seen anyone do em up in a hydro bucket yet… Im all for it! :blush:

Yip, I will do my very BEST with em :slight_smile: … Ill make @50state proud of his fine genetics! :trophy:

The first time I laid my eyes on his strain, I knew I had to have it! Dreams do come true! :slight_smile:

LETS DO THIS!! :innocent:

3 Likes

Will be amazing. In my “Octopot’s” OG at 30 days in, is sucking 2 gallon per day!!!

3 Likes

Hahaha, I read that on your thread… Cant wait! :grin:

She is just getting started. She will end up sucking 3-4 per day in week 8 I bet!!!

2 Likes

2 Likes

Good morning folks! :wave: :grinning:

Well, Things are rolling right along here at CG’s crib… The DD’s and the rest of my plants, are all disease free, no mites, and growing like weeds! As of lately, Big growth spurts from all my girls… Its been amazing!

The lime green color of all my jewels make my day. Like I have mentioned earlier, When my plants are running well, So do I! Im getting a break, and will create some serious Monsters this winter. :smile:

Yup, The cool winter temps around here is making things a whole lot easier, and the great tap water and the Jack’s is making it all happen! :trophy:

Cant wait to receive my Orange Goji’s, and get that show started!! I will also be starting up some Blackberry Breath as well… :wink:

My friends and acquaintances will always bellyache over the GS, But, I need variety in my life, and I will grow whatever I want, So there!! LOL!!!

Anyways, I wish ya all happy, and healthy plants, and a bumper crop! Good vibes to all! :slight_smile::+1:

5 Likes

Nice, I got a pack of Black Berry Breath a couple weeks back from JOTI. I had to after seeing @Mongobongo grow them out. Only problem with having so many good genetics, is choosing what to grow out next. I think I will make a list and a poll and let OG’rs pick for me

3 Likes

Hahahaha, Well, YAH!.. Especially with your collection!! For me, The GS gets the donations…Ill keep the rest! Ya, So many strains out there! And just not enough of time to grow em all its seems, huh? … lol

We are considering a “Big Move” in the future, and Im not sure if I’ll continue doing this, or not.

But, If I dont grow my own smoke, it could bite me in the ass. Ill most likely have a GS plant wherever I go… Or not. I think Im slightly burning out on the whole scene. Been doing this non-stop since 98. CG might hang it up for good. Never thought Id say that. But, the prices of smoke is so damn cheap around here… Is it worth the electricity expense anymore? or the effort? Or how about the worrying?? I would say, probably not. Back in the day 280 a zip average, now its only (3) 20’s, and a 5 spot for the same amount?? Chump change!.. SIGH!.. :unamused:

Anyways, Growing out a new strain requires alot of “getting used to”… But, If its really a kick ass product, the effort to “fine tune” is certainly worth it… But, it has to be the bee’s knee’s if its taking up any of my valuable real estate(grow space)… lol You know what Im saying? Running (2) 1000 watt hps lights, and ac, and all the other grow accessories, Aint cheap at all. :worried:

Yes, Indeed,… Its cool as fuck to try out new strains. It brings out the “excitement” or “euphoria”… It is indeed an addiction.

Anyways, good luck to ya Rock, and I wish you some fat ass grows! …

I see that your going all the way! Breeding and everything. Good for you!.. Keep up the good work old buddy…

You take care! :innocent::+1:

3 Likes

I often wonder that myself haha. I have a feeling you will always have at least a 400 w in a closet somewhere growing some Gs. :grinning::v:

3 Likes

Good morning buddy! :wave::slight_smile:

Well, I know everyone is converting to Led to save electricity and all, But I cannot seem to “grasp” that “new age” concept. I have always grown with an hps light set up from day #1, and I truly believe it works the Best, I really do… Its how I honestly feel. Just like Hydro doing circles around a typical dirt grow…

Yup, I have major electricity bills from the big shop, garage, hot tub, and all the electronics I have here at my home. Im paying ALOT month after month!.. Just like yourself. Do I break even?.. Yah right! … lol

Back to the topic, you might be right about what you said bro, I just may have an old school ballast humming away with a GS sitting under a 400? Never know!!..Doesnt sound too far off. hahaha.

Maybe I need a long vacation. As you know, Growing weed limits your time in doing other things, only if your a serious grower that is. I wont leave my babies to a sitter… Thats one thing I’ll never do. It never turns out well.

Well, sorry for rambling… Had a hit of the “Passion Fruit” this morning, and it gives me a feeling of well being, and Here Iam in a chatty mood.

Thanks for stopping by! Made some great friends here on OG, and consider you one of them. We’ll chat later. Have a nice day!! :innocent:

Alot on my mind!.. First thing I must do, Must liquidate them un-used toys that sit around and collect dust year after year… Hate the clutter!! My Woman will be a whole lot happier, Ill tell ya that much! haha! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I forgot to ask about those toys. Are they remote control boats? Pardon my ignorance if not haha

2 Likes

Yes Sir, They are 2 cycle gas powered RC boats. The Miss Budweiser was assembled and painted by the Chief builder of the Budweiser boats here in the Pacific NW. A true collectors boat that costs a pretty penny… The Blue boat on the end has a 2 cylinder engine, and is capable of 100+ mph, and the black boat has a weed whipper motor. I used to be into RC models in a big way about 10 years ago, and simply lost interest… I have so much stuff that I need to go through in my garage… Big Boy Toys, lol.

7 Likes