Closetgrowths "Passion Fruit" single seed Grow! :)

@ Explorer Then again Bro, I have seen some growers work it, and do wonders with far less. Its how you go about doing things… Wattage helps indeed, but with bud prices dropping the way they have been makes me wonder if its even worth running thousands of watts of power anymore. Ive seen ok bud going for as low as 65 bones around here… Ouch! Gut wrenching… :persevere:

2 Likes

Well, she making her Daddy proud indeed!.. This girl is just 27-28 days from seed, and exceeded my expectation as far as growth rate, and hardiness, and overall health. The stem is about the size of pencil, and the same for a few of the branches, “She’s a brick house!”… Very stout! … Snipped off some fat juicy clones, and popped em into my trusty DWC clone bucket. Usually I wait a full 8 weeks before I flower a plant grown from a seed, due to the plant’s maturity level. But, Ill do something a little different this round, and start the flowering process this Sunday, about 4 weeks early, she’s certainly big enough. In my observation, plants grown from seed always seem to yield less over clones. And the branching seem sparse as well. Seen it happen this way many times over the years. Ill bet her clones will have a completely different look… :slight_smile: Anyways, not quite sure whats gonna happen. I guess we’ll have to wait and find out eh? Bertha! Show us what your made of!!! :astonished:

. Have an awesome Friday peeps, and an even better weekend. Im rootin’ for ya! :wink:

3 Likes

Yesterday was her very first day of flowering!.. Gonna get interesting. Lets see what happens eh? :blush:

5 Likes

5 days into the flowering cycle… Good evening. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

And here is my “one and only” Passion Fruit … 10 days into flowering!. Have a nice day!! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Alrighty then!.. Here’s what the “Passsion Fruit” looks like today… 15 days into the flowering cycle. She’s getting tall, and hoping she wont bump into the reflector… Biting my nails. Ill deal with it. Only 2 more weeks and the stretching will cease. :blush:

BTW, She’s on a live feed when the lights are on… I can check up on my gardens via cell phone anywhere in the world… Pretty cool… Technology. Gotta love it, or simply hate it. Ok, Im a bit of a computer geek too!.. ha! :blush:

4 Likes

Good morning everybody! :grinning: Well, “Bertha” The single “Passion Fruit” plant is doing really good! The budding is finally coming into effect! YAY!!! She smells SO fruity, with kind of a grapefruit scent, just like the description says. Very nice aroma indeed. I think she’s gonna be a keeper. Im real picky when it comes to the flowering room’s “real estate”, or “space”…lol If it aint poppin, its outta here!! :wink: So far, its Glass Slipper, and the Tangerine Dream, that has won my heart. We’ll have to wait for a smoke report before this strain becomes a permanent resident.

So, anyways, a few more weeks of stretch, and then she will start packing it on! So far, she has exceeded my expectations. She seems to be handling the excess heat, its a battle, let me tell ya! Cant wait til fall, Ive had enough. The heat is really taking a toll on the GS strain, but not this “Fruit Passion”… She’s a real trooper! Doing all I can to keep these damn temps at bay. We’ll see how it plays out… Sigh…

Thanks for stopping by! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hey there OG! I know I have neglected this thread, and scattered updates here, there, and practically everywhere. Im gonna do a better job at keeping the updates where they belong. I sincerely apologize. Anyways, The “Passion Fruit” has been through the mill. She has been in extreme heat for months, and It took a serious toll on her. Iam managing to get something out of this gig, but nothing like I originally expected. But hey, what Iam getting in return is better than nothing. Maybe 3 ounces?.. Maybe less. I guess I’ll find out soon … Anyways, Here are some recent bud shots… Nothing spectacular, but I thought I should do the right thing and continue this thread. Nothing worse than following someone’s grow thread, and they simply disappear.

Have a nice day, and I wish everyone the Best! :slight_smile:

And as usual, I took a clone… I just transferred this clone to a netpot yesterday, and she is currently bubbling away under a 600 watt hps. setup. She is under the influence of Jacks Hydroponic formula, and their calcium nitrate @ 1/2 teaspoon per gallon for each. Ph is 5.8, and its spot on without using any ph up or down. Also, Im using straight up tap water from the city. Seems to be easier to deal with over RO…

4 Likes

Looks really nice, especially considering the heat etc. Still thinking keeper?

1 Like

Hi beacher, Yes, Ill give her another go. I cant give up on the strain, it smells too good! haha This time she’ll be in a DWC bubbler. My single “Passion Fruit” plant is not as bad as one may think. The buds are nice and dense and getting bigger by the day. But, I think there should be more of it. Who knows, might be the strain…all new to me.The plant’s cosmetics are suffering in a big way. Leaves have seen temps as high as 100 degree’s for hella! … So, you can only imagine what she looks like … I think she will turn out “ok”… But she wont give me that “Wow” factor. Not this round… Hey, I checked out your thread today, and you have done an excellant job my friend. Top notch experienced growing. Keep up the good work, like always. Thanks for stopping by. Getting ready to drop another Dark Devil seed into a smaller pot. Have a nice day! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Giving this somewhat lonely Girl “crystal clear” Tap water til the end… I think I’ll be able to chop her down the first week of October. This bud has such a fruity aroma! Never had bud smell this good before. I wanna eat it!! lol… House smells great!! :blush:

Conclusion, Not the best looking bud Ive ever grown in my life, as far as the fan leaves are concerned. But certainly one of the most citrus aroma’s this nose has ever hovered across… And if the smell has anything to do with the potency, then this strain might be reviewed as a 5 star! Ill keep ya all posted. :wink:

Have a great day, and a much better evening my friends! :innocent:

6 Likes

3 Likes

2 weeks left… She Migh explode with bud growth! Never know… Gotta have faith! And if its not fun, dont do it. :grinning: :+1:

3 Likes

Looks like the only “Passion Fruit” clone I chopped is starting to find its way outta the net pot(2 days later)… Clean “White” healthy roots! I never use hydrogen peroxide, or bleach, or any of them other funky additives in any of my Dwc grows. Been there, done that… Just the Jacks Hydro formula with calcium nitrate, and only a drop a gallon of Superthrive(ONLY in veg)… Highly reccomended. :grinning::+1:

2 days later

2 Likes

5 Likes

Look at the previous picture(roots) and compare to this pic…One day later. These roots are loving the Jack’s!! … :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Took a long look/stare at the one and only “Passion Fruit” plant, and in all reality, She honestly turned out decent. Its really not that bad. Ive seen far worse. I though it sucked ass less than a week ago…lol Its amazing how these plants change!.. Especially in Hydro.

I snipped a tester bud from the Passion Fruit in flower, and set it on top of my reflector, and let it fully dry. It really fucked me up!! And tasted superb!!! Not even a cure, …and its still very potent, and the fragrance is out of this world. About a week left, and its coming down… Tip: Dont grow when temps near the 100 degree mark!! lol NEVER AGAIN!!! haha! … On a positive note,… Sure glad I took a clone!.. :+1:

And to the 3 Glass Slippers that didnt make it outside, “Rest in peace” :innocent:

Today, I have that single “Passion Fruit” clone in a Dwc 5 gallon bucket, bubbling away with a powerful air pump, and no stones…

She is extremely happy, and the roots are growing like Mad! She has quickly reverted out of the flowering mode. She has grown new foliage, and is back to “vegging” … Ill post updates.

Ok,… ahhh… I have decided to give all my vegging plants(4 Glass Slippers,5 Dark Devils, and 1 Passion Fruit) 1000 watts of high pressure sodium, and change the light schedule to 20/4 light because of the DD Auto’s… I will leave the auto’s in the veg room until harvest…

The Glass Slippers, and the Passion will be moved into the 1000 watt Hps flowering room on the first of October. Peace :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Well, the only “Passion Fruit” clone is right here, in this here dwc bubbler… And Man, this smoke is really good! Not as good as the Slipper, but something I’d like to keep around…

. It’ll be for me, myself and I… No one wants anything else than the Glass slipper!!! … Kinda sucks, Oh well. I should be growing all Glass Slipper in the first place, but I like the taste, and the effects of different strains. lol

This clone was snipped off the very top of the flowering Passion Fruit plant a few weeks back(due to heighth reasons) Anyways, I just had to have it, even if its in flower

I realize the flowering hormone was kicked in… But, after a little while, the vegging hormone is now back. New foliage is growing on top as I type. Thats why it looks a little funky… Also, the donor plant was in 100 degree temps for quite some time. Its a miracle it pulled through.

Anyways, Looks like hell at this very moment, But watch what happens next! The changes happen VERY fast when growing in hydroponics…

I dumped the bucket this morning and gave this “special girl” fresh tap water and fresh nutes.Only 1/4 teaspoon per gallon in veg stage(Hydroponic formula & Calcium nitrate 1/4 tsp. per gallon), along with a drop of Superthrive per gallon. Thats it!! And when in flowering. its a 1/2 teaspoon of each. REMEMBER> NO SUPERTHRIVE IN FLOWER!! :wink:

For best results, dont start throwing a bunch of things in the buckets! Not this, that, and the other thing!! See it all the time, pretty much everyday… brown roots, and whacked out ph, and generally poor plant health… And please, no hydrogen peroxide, or bleach, or any of that “foo foo” toxic garbage either… KISS is the right way to go! :slight_smile:

Because of the good tap water that ive been importing in from great distances, The ph is rock steady at 5.8… No need to break out the ph up or down. Simplicity at its best! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

EXTREMELY FAST ROOT GROWTH!! :sunglasses::+1:

GLASS SLIPPER ROOTS… Doubt the Passion Fruit will put out roots like this strain… Hey, You never know. Cant hurt trying! :wave::laughing:

5 Likes

Here’s an updated picture of my “Passion Fruit” roots… The roots are starting to poke out out the sides of the netpot…

She has been in the dwc bubbler for only 5 days!

Cant get root growth like this in soil…
:grinning::+1:

2 Likes