Cloudline Duct Fan System

Why am I only seeing this now! I would have skipped my last 2 seed purchases to get only of these. What yā€™all think on size for 1800 watt led probably 8"?

1 Like

I think it more depends on the dimensions of your space. I asked about the 6 inch one because at 36 cu ft the 4 inch should be plenty, but others above recommended the 6 inch over the 4 inch because the 4 inch arenā€™t powerful enough with a scrubber. Iā€™m thinking the 6 inch because I could probably run it at a lower setting and it might be quieter, but if the 4 inch will suffice Iā€™d rather save the money and space in the cab getting it.

Hey ChronicMcBudz

Not sure if your question has already been answered however I run the T4 system in a 4x4x6 grow tent and when I looked at setting up the system ran the math etc. I donā€™t think you will have any issues exchanging the air in your space considering it is only 36 ft3 and the T4 does somewhere around 200 CFM (200 ft3 per minute). The unit when paired appropriately to the demand runs consistent and quiet, should you need to run the fan nearer to the top end of its capacity it isnā€™t whisper quiet by any means but if you were to go to a 6" system and throttle it back would likely do the same flow with less noise, maybe every power draw.

When calculating the reductions that accrue as a result of the configuration I have commonly seen the following metric used- again these are just rough to see if your fan will exchange enough air before you buy

Compounding Reductions on Flow
-20% reduction in flow by drawing through a traditional carbon sink/scrubber
-15% reduction for every 90 degree bend in your system
-10-15% reduction for running congregated vs smooth piping
-For longer runs, changes in direction or more complicated manifold type designs other considerations and reductions will also need to be factored.

My main concern in that small of a space is temperature management and depending on equipment and configuration in the space, temperature of intake etc my create the need for the T4 to be running in the higher fan settings. With the programmable settings you can set everything as you like it however should you space be really hot and your intake air relatively humid the T4 will always be running and unfortunately you wonā€™t know until you are there in situ.

TBH My T4 is overkill for my 96ft3 space however I intentionally designed my HVAC system to be efficient and expandable as possible and the T4 fits the bill for me. I am also running LED so heat is less of an issue as gas exchange and humidity management. It has been accurate, hands free enviro controls and it didnā€™t break the bank considering its features so I would recommend it you have ample flow left after calculating your anticipated reductions.

As per light inside Black Shiny PVC I would say that you may see some light coming out of your space however this may be mitigated through several means. One place a directional grid on the inlet side (inside the space) up against the vent port to refract the light, should that not work some black nylon stockings/black foam pre-filter material the inside of the eventual vent cover would likely do the trick. Remember this type of configuration is a highway into your grow for pests and even rodents so keep your vents well guarded and flowing to help with this!

Hope this helps!

1 Like

I appreciate the reply! Thereā€™s a lot of great info there. Unfortunately I had to table my dreams again and go back to lurking. In my present circumstances stealth is key and it just would cost too much to put together. So back to being a lurker. Were planning on moving within the next year and a half though. If all works out, Iā€™ll be in a place I can mod as needed with much lower need for stealth. This info will help a lot when I start designing again. Definitely going to bookmark it!

1 Like

I have the T4 and itā€™s worked great, had about 6 mi the now. Iā€™m about to put an extra carbon filter on the end being vented out. Anyone ran the car on filters at both end? Wondering if I should upgrade to a larger fan before doing so. Sting get a bit of smell in the exhaust during flower and think that would do it.

2 Likes

you wonā€™t get enough air flow through 2 filters but you can buy an inline infinity 100cfm variable speed fan for $18 on Amazon

1 Like

@Bgrow Iā€™ve wondered if this is possible as well. Last night I was reading a thread where someone built a box that had a ozone generator constantly running inside, and routed the air throw it before exhausting to outside. Another option that wouldnā€™t need more fan power.