CMH + Strips Coco Cavern

I have this one but I was looking to hook up multiple cameras

4 Likes

I originally wanted a central recorder with cabled cameras.

For me, the wifi are just too easy.
If the law/security were a concern I would not use wifi.

Running 6 wifi.
4 at my place.
2 at moms to keep an eye on her remotely.

3 Likes

I will check it out. Thanks!

2 Likes

Dropped into paper towels.

Fail replacements.
2. God Bud 2.0
2. Oregon Huckleberry

New.
3. Wifi F3 x Cake Crasher? @ifish

1. Simple Wedding Cake - FEM
5 Likes

They did an upgrade to group cameras. Might have to pickup a few more now.

2 Likes

They would be from the @SamwellBB stable : )
Knew you would like them : )

2 Likes

Awesome for sure. Looking forward to growing them out.

Now normally I would just keil any males. But now that Iā€™m becoming a strainaholic, should I keep any males for pollen???

5 Likes

Why not making crosses are fun

4 Likes

Or at least keep them live enough to collect the pollen. If you can store that, youā€™re golden :grinning:

2 Likes

Ok. Ya enablers! Lol

Guess I need to bone up on whats involved.

5 Likes

Itā€™s very satisfying to make seeds and see what you get! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Itā€™s easy and you get to play around with genetics. Just chuck some pollen at some pistils and wait 4wks. Make sure you properly dry any new seeds before trying to germinate them and expect variety when you do. Itā€™s great if you have plenty of space lol

5 Likes

If youā€™re growing males to flowering, itā€™ll be harder NOT to make seeds. :joy:

4 Likes

Does sound like fun, especially during LITFA.

Early seedling. My least favorite phase. Because Iā€™m so dang impatient. Lol

3 Likes

Soooo. Do I build a Sausage room for the males?

Rofl

Having a laughā€¦getting baked in the ac cooled flower room.

In hereā€¦

10 Likes

5th sensor.
CH5 Sausage Room

7 Likes

If youā€™ve got the space, it couldnā€™t hurt! It can be anything from something very simple, to a dedicated room. Males are kind of flexible, because you donā€™t really need a lot of pollen to make a lot of seeds. One carefully handled male flower can give you enough seeds to keep you busy for a long time, and you can discard the plant before it really starts to produce too much. So thereā€™s a lot of leeway in there.

I know @Worcestershire_Farms likes to take a cutting and put it in a glass of water once the flowers are close to opening. You can just keep flowering it from the cup and get what you need that way. I also just saw @Indoornesian setup some lights in a cardboard box. I tend to collect a lot of pollen and save it or give it out. So I usually keep a dedicated tent just for that.

7 Likes

Great info @lefthandseeds
I can do this.

I assume skills are needed for selecting males, just as there are for female mothers? Iā€™ll learn as I go. No worries if I have a few boo-boos!

7 Likes

Yea, males can tricky to select since you canā€™t really smoke them. I mean you can, but I ainā€™t about to roll a pollen joint and breathe it. :joy:

Sometimes what I do is think about plants Iā€™ve grown that I really liked, and then try to consider what I could do to make them better. So if you know ahead of time what youā€™re trying to do, or what things you get out of a hybrid, it can help you focus a lotā€¦ especially when you think about which strain you should grow as the female and which as the male. Structural aspects of plants you can pick out easily in males, while the smell/flavor is questionable and the high is unlikely.

But I think thereā€™s a lot of value in pollen chucking too. In that case, itā€™s fairly open ended and exploratory. Pick the male that looks the best to you. Best branching structure, most flowers or pollen production, most vigorous, leaf shapes you like, really whatever you see or smell that you like the best. Or, if you want to pheno hunt the seeds you make, then keep all the males that donā€™t suck and grow all the ones that come from the best female.

In a lot of ways, I think that strain selection when making a hybrid is more important than male selection.

7 Likes

Speaking of boo-boos. X5 out of 32.

5 Likes