CMH + Strips Coco Cavern

Thanks @204medismoke @ShiskaberrySavior
@Swe-can @Papalag

Everything shut down for a month.

I’ll start a new grow thread when I get fired up in Sept.

In prep for fall/winter, I’m going back to a pair of 315cmh. Plus the cobs if needed.

8 Likes

Octolayout planning

2x 6gal on back row.

5x 1gal Micros

Can do 2 micro-Octo on the right. Under my 5x cob strip.

3 Likes

Ok I got to watch this

This is going to be a fun show

Go get em GT

3 Likes

Don’t laugh too loud. :100:

Notice the cmh have returned to the party.

Oh yeah - no elevated tray. need to adjust my yellow ruler accordingly.

2 Likes

Elevators to keep them off the bare concrete.

2 Likes

Dinking around with feeding these Octopuppies.

Basic manual feed to save my old back and neck.

1/4 inch tubing. Individual control.

I’ll pump the juices from my res.

For a speedy fill…will use 1/2 inch tubing to the 6gal Octo’s.

11 Likes

About 5oz of quick access

12oz reserves

10 Likes

Should be good for a couple weeks unless ya get company that didn’t get the byob message .

4 Likes

Nice. Does the 1/4” tubing fit right into the lid of the micro octopots? I just noticed that little nub on the lid the other day and was wondering if tubing would fit

2 Likes

Yes, perfect for 1/4.

No testing yet. Curious how fast one or more fill with the pressure of my 800gpm feed pump.

This week I’ll do some r&d. Lol

2 Likes

tag me in the new journal. i enjoyed this one and will tune into the next. get some gym rubber mat for the floor easy to clean !

1 Like

That starlight has crazy cool fox tailing. I like it! Nice harvest on that one!

1 Like

Hate to bring up old stuff, just got caught up on this thread :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

But if you’re finding random seeds, whatever this plant was, the picture clearly shows two male nanners in there. There was an earlier cola shot that showed 2 or 3 as well. Would be betting from the very same plant as it looks very similar. If you never plucked these out as soon as you saw them, there’s probably a good chance some of those seeds are actually coming from whatever this is. I’d take any lighter colored seed on the outside layer of the buds as suspect, and any darker, deep in the bud seeds as likely from your CBG pollen. Just my 2 cents ^^

Love all the pics and info and that Starlite looked amazing! Was it pure Starlite or? I know you kept saying ‘OG Starlite’ so wasn’t sure if it was a cross of OG and Starlite or what :slight_smile: Regardless, reminds me of Kali Mist ^^

3 Likes

Good eye. That pretty much confirms what I experienced @HolyAngel
Only 2 of the plants (CBG and Skunk) produced a few of the darker mature seeds. Maybe a dozen each. Also I have found some of the small, soft, white immature seeds deeper within.
Doubt I will ever do anything with the “mature” seeds.

I only know the Starlite seeds were from Rocketboy.

4 Likes

Ah then it was the pure Starlite! OG for sure :wink:
I haven’t gotten into those yet but I did make a cross with some pollen I got from a nice Starlite male. I also didn’t get very many seeds though. And if I hadn’t had that happen to me before with the nanners, I never would’ve known :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Those mini octopot’s!!! I just got some. It took about 14 days from the clone showing root to the roots being in the rez. This is my first run using coco, so fingers crossed. Glad I came across this thread. @GramTorino great work my friend!!!

2 Likes

Fire sale. My grow supplies.

Anyone near me that wants some grow equipment?

If you see it in my threads, it’s probably available.

Just holler.

1 Like

Hopefully all is well
Peace to you my brother

1 Like

How’s it going @GramTorino ?

1 Like

So, what coco are you using currently? Or have you switched to something else?

I’d consider something I don’t have to wash and buffer. Have you already been through canna coco (I think that’s what you were using for a while, bagged canna coco, right?)? I was considering a brick of canna coco - It’s the same stuff only compressed. But the compressing might make more fine dust, which would have to (ideally) be rinsed out/away - another procedure I do not want to do.

If no brick or bagged coco comes “ready to use” (no need to rinse dust, salt, or have to buffer) I might keep it moving passed coco. (I do have a pack of floraflex compressed coco things. The ones that come in the grow bags, with a little divet for a jiffy pellet. Supposedly you just use these as is. Hydrate them with your fertilizer solution and go).

1 Like