Co-op Strain Donations and Breeder Match Ups

Personally, I think any member testing seed who fails to meet the requirements set by the breeder should be barred from a match up for co-op seed runs.

14 Likes

Neither the Co-op nor breeder matchups are done by the site so really I think the most important thing is if a user does not fulfill their obligations, that information be shared here. That should be enough to prevent others looking for testers from allowing such growers to sign up. Seed testing and Co-op runs are done by individuals so it is great for them to be armed with information such as this so they can make informed decisions.

20 Likes

Yup I agree brother, that’s perfect, let no one hide that thinks they’ll pull a slight of hand.

11 Likes

It isn’t from a big name breeder but I’d like to propose this seed pack of Açaí Bowls that I’m holding from OahuKush, it’s a selected F1 of S.A.G.E x Dilly Bars.

7 Likes

Not sure how this thread works as I’ve been absent from OG for quite some time and this place has grown a larger site than I remember even before the feds shut it down in the early 00s…
Either way, I made some F2s of my cross of Afkansastan x Sakura.

Chose a male and used her on a couple females I thought looked half decent.
The ladies ranged in smell from fruits like cherry (and cherry cough syrup), stone fruits like plum, and red apples… some have an old school 80s Afghani hash smell… but some of the more unique notes were akin fresh laid asphalt and crude oil.

Not the best yielders as they don’t produce huge colas but they do make nice dense golfball nugs.

I suggest the strain for people that like… well… Afghanis.

Here’s a pic of the line. I abused them pretty badly to weed out any bad traits that may be present. No signs of hermaphroditism were present.

26 Likes

@Swampthing so you already made seeds that you would like to distribute via the coop?

In that case please check out this thread and propose it there

4 Likes

Please don’t do this. Co-ops have to be approved prior to the grow, and they must be fully documented from seed to harvest. There are extremely rare situations where an active member has requested approval after the fact, but that’s the exception, not the rule.
Finally, the co-op doesn’t distribute personal crosses, only verified, rare, and/ or discontinued breeder work.
If someone would like to distribute their own work, it can be done in the free seeds and clones thread, a personal giveaway thread, or contact @DougDawson to receive bulk seeds for distribution at his convenience.
Glad to have you back around @Swampthing !

10 Likes

Not gonna be for a CO op as it wouldnt qualify but I am looking to do a repro of mandelbrots royal kush donating the space and grow resources if anyone can help with the beans

Goal would be to send out 75 packs of pollen again as well as be able to offer the seeds as freebies for the community. Anyone that can contribute would def receive a nice chunk of the booty! :slight_smile:

Sorry if posted in the wrong place

19 Likes

Hey @Swampthing, unfortunately, a personal cross would not get co-op approval as we only approve rare/discontinued strains. I will happily help you send these out to the masses, but it would have to be outside the co-op infrastructure.

Thanks @HeadyBearAdventures

12 Likes

Okay then I completely misunderstood the purpose of the selfpackage part of the coop. :man_shrugging: Sorry, I stand corrected.

6 Likes

Wow this is a great idea… I’ve got a lot of stuff that I’m worried is getting too old and really want to help preserve the lines bc they’re either discontinued or the breeder has passed away.

Here are a few things I’ve got which I’m curious if they would fit the bill… hypothetically

Loran’s: Longbottom Leaf, Silver Spur, Wessie, Tropical Dream, Lemon Aire, Fancy, Mother Leaf

Spice of Life/Breeder Steve’s: Blubonic & Donk

Grindhouse Seeds: the Prophet (both pre 2011 and post 2011), Girl Scout Cookies “Durban cut” x DMT, Ancient Afghan

Tierra Rojo: Dawg Waltz Haze, Cerebro Haze, Bubba Tom Hayes

Loompa’s MoonDawg

Magus: Zamal-A x Warlock

Gage Green: Mendo Supremo

SubCool TGA: Vortex, Jack the Ripper, Third Dimension, Chernobyl, Queen Anne’s Revenge, Hippy Crippler x Space Queen

Reeferman: have a bunch, but one that’s discontinued is Love Potion #1 x Nigerian (evidently it’s known as Honey Bee from another source)

If anyone has any old Federation gear like Celestial Temple Sativa etc. those are some that really need a resurgence as well as some of the older Mandala gear like Satori etc.

A lot of the stuff I listed getting older which would be a shame to lose. I want to pop a bunch, but I would only do so to either Open Pollinate or to select a few choice phenos to F2. Having a solid community that is all about preservation is invaluable, so thank y’all for doing what you do.

I’m curious what qualifies as discontinued etc. Like a couple of my crosses were one off and having help run some of them to preserve would be great.

Have a great weekend y’all
Swampy

30 Likes

Now you’re talking!
Most of those would qualify, so you can either propose one in the voting thread to run yourself, or you’re in the right place to select a few that you think are most worthy/rare/old and try to find a breeder here to run it on your behalf!
I’m already committed to 2 breeding projects in 2024, so I can’t help you out very soon; if you keep coming around maybe we could work something out in the future!

7 Likes

Vortex is being grown now. The Chernobyl is going out in the fall box.

13 Likes

True, but we encourage same strain reproduction to happen every 2 to 3 years

3 Likes

There looks to be a bunch of interesting stuff on there @Swampthing. I am sure a number of them would qualify. Even outside the co-op it is encouraged for folks to do seed runs. There are multiple was to get such runs distributed. I for one am always willing to help growers spread around their seeds outside the co-op boxes. The co-ops were getting a bit out of control and the action group was formed to kind of get that ship back on course. We tightened some restrictions and tried to get it back to it’s original path of preserving rare and discontinued strains to keep those genetics around for the future.

I think it’s admirable that you are wanting to preserve those genetics and I take my hat off to you for it. I have been on a bit of a quest trying to preserve BOG strains since he has now passed and none of his clones are still kicking around.

If you are ever looking for any assistance please feel free to reach out to me. I am pretty good at getting seeds into growers hands outside of my role as the Canadian co-op distributor :v:

20 Likes

I haven’t read that anywhere. I thought somebody posted that they would get to many ahead.
I just have seen those two and am following them.

Nice! I’ve wanted to do a full Apollo run. I’ve got an old pack of A13 gorilla arm pheno x A11 that I would run with the Vortex and 3D.

I’ve got quite a few A11 lines… tbh it’s one of my favorite strains. Quick, yields huge colas, pineapple cheese funk, great effect. I feel like it’s a super quality breeder especially when trying to shorten a nice long sativa line.

Would love to see the Vortex projects. I always loved the Cleaner/JTR lines but the space queen/Vortex was always a killer one that was one of the first TGA lines I grew. I had this killer the Flav male back when Sub just released it and used it on a badass Satori and GooeyBreeders Pure Gooey. The Vortex line was just such a breeze to grow. Not to mention funky and fruity. SubCool was great in that respect. His plants were always killer in the flavor department. Definitely sucks to have lost him. I followed him to BreedBay early on. Used to love his threads and photography skills. I think he’s one of many people that have passed that need to have their genetics preserved.

Sry for the rant again. Lol
Swampy

26 Likes

@Dirt_Wizard is running it here
Vortex by Subcool/TGA/The Dank preservation Co-Op run - Overgrow.com

6 Likes

@Swampthing killer collection that love potion #1 x Nigerian sounds interesting

1 Like

Got really lucky scoring that one. It was from attitude when they still had some reeferman gear.

Hoping they’re still viable bc they’re pretty fckin old

2 Likes