Co-op Strain Donations and Breeder Match Ups

Vortex is being grown now. The Chernobyl is going out in the fall box.

13 Likes

True, but we encourage same strain reproduction to happen every 2 to 3 years

3 Likes

There looks to be a bunch of interesting stuff on there @Swampthing. I am sure a number of them would qualify. Even outside the co-op it is encouraged for folks to do seed runs. There are multiple was to get such runs distributed. I for one am always willing to help growers spread around their seeds outside the co-op boxes. The co-ops were getting a bit out of control and the action group was formed to kind of get that ship back on course. We tightened some restrictions and tried to get it back to it’s original path of preserving rare and discontinued strains to keep those genetics around for the future.

I think it’s admirable that you are wanting to preserve those genetics and I take my hat off to you for it. I have been on a bit of a quest trying to preserve BOG strains since he has now passed and none of his clones are still kicking around.

If you are ever looking for any assistance please feel free to reach out to me. I am pretty good at getting seeds into growers hands outside of my role as the Canadian co-op distributor :v:

20 Likes

I haven’t read that anywhere. I thought somebody posted that they would get to many ahead.
I just have seen those two and am following them.

Nice! I’ve wanted to do a full Apollo run. I’ve got an old pack of A13 gorilla arm pheno x A11 that I would run with the Vortex and 3D.

I’ve got quite a few A11 lines… tbh it’s one of my favorite strains. Quick, yields huge colas, pineapple cheese funk, great effect. I feel like it’s a super quality breeder especially when trying to shorten a nice long sativa line.

Would love to see the Vortex projects. I always loved the Cleaner/JTR lines but the space queen/Vortex was always a killer one that was one of the first TGA lines I grew. I had this killer the Flav male back when Sub just released it and used it on a badass Satori and GooeyBreeders Pure Gooey. The Vortex line was just such a breeze to grow. Not to mention funky and fruity. SubCool was great in that respect. His plants were always killer in the flavor department. Definitely sucks to have lost him. I followed him to BreedBay early on. Used to love his threads and photography skills. I think he’s one of many people that have passed that need to have their genetics preserved.

Sry for the rant again. Lol
Swampy

26 Likes

@Dirt_Wizard is running it here
Vortex by Subcool/TGA/The Dank preservation Co-Op run - Overgrow.com

6 Likes

@Swampthing killer collection that love potion #1 x Nigerian sounds interesting

1 Like

Got really lucky scoring that one. It was from attitude when they still had some reeferman gear.

Hoping they’re still viable bc they’re pretty fckin old

2 Likes

Would love to see you crack into those, I’ve been on a Nigerian kick lately after growing out some of jjs African haze crosses. Do you have other old reeferman seeds or are those the oldest?

2 Likes

I’ve got a bunch of reeferman stuff, but directly from him… the Love potion x Nigerian was some old stock from attitude.

I recently ran his Sho Sho (which was the first auto I’ve run since lowryder haha. I was pleasantly surprised as it was a great rendition of a Durban). I’ve got a few others. AG13, Tuna Kush, Hoa Bac (Vietnamese Silver), blueberry blast, kodiak gold, pink Kush, sour pink, petrolia headstash, jihadi Kush.
Sho sho and blueberry blast are both autos. Hoa Bac, petrolia headstash, and airborne g13 are all fems. I’m pretty sure the rest are regs.

11 Likes

@SHSC-1 said he’s working with Royal Kush!

2 Likes

Ya I hit him up on it but he’s got his own project in mind going and didn’t have any seed stock to offer for the repro! That was one of my first tries finding the beans lol

2 Likes

Tuna Kush was done in the spring box.

No, that is no longer the case.

:green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

Hey @Swampthing , welcome back to OG.
:+1:.
I did a tester for you a few years back ( i think it was a Sakura x ? .)

You have a LOT of co-op-worthy stuff, so it’s your call on what you want to run - just clear it with the co-op action group or talk with @DougDawson in a message regarding distributing. :ok_hand:.

I’d like to try either one of those two ‘Jack T Ripper and the Cleaner lines too.

Gaz.

9 Likes

Actually we do encourage repeat preservations to keep the co-op lines in active circulation, but we no longer require it.

Otherwise we wouldn’t have room in the boxes for all the new projects.

Repeat preservations have been an important part of the co-op, without repeat preservations the PPP and OGers would have been lost for good.

(It was originaly written that repeat preservations were necessary, and that was changed to optional but encouraged. We try to prioritize it to lines that had limited distribution, and lines that were subject to postal seizures in some regions.)

20 Likes

Hey bud! Def remember you! Also @G-paS and @zephyr

@Gaz29 You did a hell of a job testing that GSC x Sakura. Recently F2’d the Afkansastan x Sakura. Definitely a very potent indica. If I recall I think you had some of the F1s at some point in time.

Have missed this place and growing a ton… but luckily have been able to tinker around here and there.

I’ll have to take some time to check out all the coop preservations. This place has grown considerably! Tons of great projects everywhere. Love it.

Hope all of y’all are well

Best
Swampy

18 Likes

With all the great genetics to preserve, some really don’t. Those were exceptions due to lost.
Some individuals do encourage it I guess and I didn’t realize they did.

:green_heart: :seedling:

5 Likes

So a rerun of Cackleberry would not be welcome? I liked the strain and was thinking about doing that next year. It was done in 2019 with a hundred packs.

8 Likes

If you or anyone else has any Cackleberry seeds from the co-op in 19’ , then you will
( PROBABLY.) be able to do a repeat open pollenation of this strain, but also clear it with the
@coopactiongroup before you start.

Looking forward to seeing ‘Cackleberry’ being reproduced - maybe a few other older ones/cultivars are worth considering for another co-op run , etc.

Good luck @allotment , IF You’re gonna reproduce/re-up some of the older stuff … :+1:.

Gaz

. :facepunch:.

10 Likes

https://obits.oregonlive.com/us/obituaries/oregon/name/jenifer-valley-obituary?id=36485451

Rest in peace to Jen, an important figure in the bay area and portland medical cannabis communities.

If anyone still holds her berkeley or berkeley blues line, please get in touch. I would like to arrange a co-op seed run to keep these lines alive.

Her strain Berkeley Blues won a local cannabis cup in 2011. I haven’t grown it since 2013. really great quick flowering sativa heirloom.

31 Likes