Co-op Strain Donations and Breeder Match Ups

Good question. You would certainly narrow the genepool down quickly that’s for sure. Have you seen the Iranian indica thread on icmag? Very long thread but some gorgeous plants grown by stormshadow. In this thread he claimed that selfing a plant produced better offspring each time til s3 or s4. ( I did cringe when I read that) He also stress tested the shit out of all his plants to find the ones he wanted to self. Everything but death occurred to those plants! I would say that was key to avoiding hermies down the road with so much incest going on. Stress the heck out of him/her to see if the opposite sex tries to show back up. I never had any interest in using fem seeds( I like surprises), but I would love to learn how to reverse a male !
Thanks for the link! If anyone would like to show me how to give links that would be great.

3 Likes

I’m still trying to get the link thing down. Let’s see if this worked. Press and hold title of topic or post . copy to tray. While your typing your message hit the menu button. (4 bars stacked). Then hit the chain link. Then paste the link. I’m trying now.( this does works for topic thread titles)

https://overgrow.com/u/GMan
Well that didn’t work to good let me try again
Ok. I book marked the post, went to my bookmarks and copied the post title to clip tray and linked in the message before hitting replyhttps://overgrow.com/t/strain-donations-and-breeder-match-ups-for-preserving/24939/199

And that worked! Teaching old dogs new tricks!:slight_smile::v:

3 Likes

fruity pebbles OG would be a good strain for a preservation run!

i have grapestomper BX2 by gage green i would be willing to donate for a preservation run
i also have sun maiden by gage green i may be willing to donate but i only have 1 pack so i might just do it myself

22 Likes

Gage green known to be good?

Couldn’t agree more about the fruity pebbles OG

6 Likes

I have some FPOG f3 i reproduce myself, any one interested in reproduce it let me know

All i ask is to have some in return once the rep is done

Cheers

17 Likes

depends who you ask. they charge like $350+ a pack and people pay it, tho i def wouldn’t. i grew 7 or 8 of the grapestompers and only enjoyed the finished flavour on maybe 1 or 2 of them. i think it’s other name, sour grapes, is more accurate. what i have are BX2 F2s. the sun maiden are F2’s as well.

TBH i think the guys are a little overpriced. they sell hippie crystals and some organic nutrients or supplements, dare i say it’s a bit of a rip off? 12 grams of some crushed herbs and roots for almost 50 seems a little excessive for me, but i guess things are only worth what people will pay for them.

7 Likes

Thise Asian Fantasy from TH_Gobs aka NYCkid??

Sounds like that whole Asian Fantasy find was a lie.

1 Like

I’ve got a couple friends with nothing good to say about gage green genetics. They grew a couple different things and said it was all a waste of their time.

5 Likes

Asian fantasy that’s a name I haven’t heard this century lol never had it but the name I remember

2 Likes

Nutty professor buys ggg gear and repros it so the public can get it cheaper. (0)
He’s got some nice f2’s usually

7 Likes

Ya buddy who runs it has had some pretty unbelievable stories lately. (Turned down $2miklion for the company supposedly)
Then they go and praise their organic cup and preach good ethics yet the other day he posted selling ounces for $1000usd hahahha

2 Likes

I’m not sure what to think of all the stories either, prob bullshit like the rest but who knows. The story I heard was this was a clone supposedly from San Diego originally, that was rescued from a bathtub. It grew a gangly mess of a plant that matched the descriptions and tasted good but was nothing special so some beans were made and it was killed. If nobody wants to run them I’ll will prob take them off this list and replace with something else to see if that peaks any preservationists interests.

3 Likes

Ya its always tough to know whats the truth. Sucks that people lie.

I just read about the story being bs today. I donno, seems odd to me to ‘preserve’ a strain that might not even be said strain. You end up w a thousand strains and millions of beans down the road w probably mislabelled genetics.

Edit- i guess the good thing is that we can just get it genetically tested now a days to prove it. Actualy, im not sure why we dont see genetic testing more often.

5 Likes

Fruity pebbles ftw and 20

3 Likes

Good to know. Thanks. I’d been looking for his Colombian Black. I’ll stop looking. Pricey anyway. I had those lolab valley make it to me. TINIEST seeds I ever saw. Some are not much larger than poppy seeds. Were the Pulwama that tiny?

3 Likes

It might not be the most desirable cross in terms of preservation but it’s something I had enough of to offer. I figure if people are interested they can grow them out and people can sighn up for the seeds if they choose. The contraversy behind the strain is historical in it’s own right so I thought they may peak somebody’s interest.
The blueberry hill cross is actually already being grown out by a member here and you should see a thread started in the near future. If the other cross I offered isent requested soon I’ll swap it out for something different.

4 Likes

Yup, that’s exactly how I described em when I first seen em, too.

6 Likes

Did any of those ever germinate for you? I hear they are good about replacements( @ Diggydoze)

3 Likes

pretty sure i have some colombian black from a user here from colombia or nearby, he sent out a bunch to a bunch of users. not sure if anyone ever grew them out or not.

5 Likes