Coda's Chernobyl (Bob Bitchen's Slymer Cut S1)

Hey folks. I just wanted to drop a quick report on my single Chernobyl plant from BB’s Slymer cut S1. I want to do independent strain reports so that people searching for information on the same strain can find it relatively easily.

Please bear in mind that this is one plant (data point), and your mileage may vary. I’ve had these beans for a while now (DCSE), but you know how it goes. Too many strains, too little time. She was grown in my standard 10-gallon tall grow bag with Coco, EWC’s and Gaia Green veg and flower dry amendments. I like the tall bags because I can sit on the floor and access the underside of the plant without having to bend down.

Here she is somewhere around veg week 4 or 5:

Hee she is at flip day 12:

Sitting on the floor looking up at her:

Flowering tops. Honestly, I’m not crazy about her growth structure. She’s very spindly and from what I’ve seen in other reports, this is pretty common:

Some bud shots. I think this was around flip day 30 or so. At this point, her terps were straight up lime. This trait also seems to be quite common:

I think the following pics were right around week 5 after the flip. At this point, the lime terps are gone and have been replaced by a skunky fuel smell. Not super strong, but you definitely need the scrubber connected. She started to get really hungry around this point as well:

These are just the first couple of tops I started to trim:

I took her tops at week 8 and left the lowers for another week (tomorrow). She’s been drying for a week, so no cure yet but here are my first impressions.

Growth - Very easy to grow. Huge fan leaves all through flower and very healthy. She gets really hungry around week 5 even though I top dress every two weeks. Hands down the hungriest plant I’ve grown indoors to date.

Appearance - Very spindly stems. Not viney, just spindly. Flowers are beautiful and loaded with snow, but small. I can say with all honesty that I’ve never grown a plant with buds this small. There are lots of them though.

Yield - Not great. Not atrocious, but for a 10-gallon grow bag I usually pull 10+ zips. She could surprise me after she’s all trimmed, but I’m not holding my breath.

Smell - A really nice skunky, dank, fuel smell. Not real loud, but not subdued either. After you grind her, you can detect a slightly citric undertone, but it’s mostly a dank smell.

Taste - Citric, skunky fuel. I expect everything to improve after a month or so cure.

Quality - She has a really nice high. This is subjective, but I have a reasonable tolerance and she is a great daytime smoke. More head than body initially, then settles into a nice body stone. For me, she’s an 8.5 out of 10. I’ve enjoyed her all day today.

Final thoughts - I can see why Bob loves her, but I can also see why he outcrossed her to a couple of other cultivars. Her yield is nothing to write home about but what she lacks in quantity, she makes up for in quality. I’ll grow her again at some point, but unless she cures into something outstanding (which is possible) it won’t be anytime soon.

Hope this helps anyone who’s had their eye on her.

Coda

28 Likes

Beautiful report, gorgeous grow and pictures.

Sounds like a winner, although I was hoping to read that the lime terps persisted all the way to the end.

The high sounds really nice and again, breathtaking plant and images :+1::+1:

4 Likes

Thank you sir :wink:

Mrs. C and I were both a little disappointed the lime didn’t come through in the end as well. Maybe after the cure.

3 Likes

looks like a trimming nightmare but the end results look beautiful. thanks for the report

3 Likes

She definitely was not in my top 10 favorite plants to trim, for sure :slight_smile:

2 Likes

She a looker! Nice report brotha.

Bobs Chernobyl is one of many on the list to grow. :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Interesting report icon_eek|nullxnull, you did a great job with her, wish there was a section full of strain reports like this one, it would be a great guide while choosing what to grow, thanks for sharing … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

Great report Coda. I would have assumed the lime terps would persist thru harvest, but maybe this is another pheno ? I’ve had my eyes on this strain for a while. I know she’s been a best seller at DCSE, and have heard great things about her.

1 Like

Beautiful buds!

1 Like

She had a sharp bitter lime smell up until week 5 and then the skunky fuel started.

I also think it’s worth mentioning that I found no intersex traits with her at all.

1 Like

Been growing this strain myself and growing clones. Clones take approximately 2 months to root. Finally decided to quit cloning and just drop new beans , hoping for a not so spindly plant. I concur with your observations as they line up with my plant. Btw the lime terp of this plants really engages the nasal passages, so if any else can suggest a strong lime smelling strain please let me know

Good growing

Smib

1 Like

I think she would perform better outside. She’s definitely worth growing, but indoors in my set up I’d have to take her in multiple stages to really get everything to ripen from top to bottom. I did two stages this round, but three would probably be optimal. I was a little disappointed about the lime terps because they were definitely there for a while, but I like her finished smell as well. It’s just more common.

Thanks for looking.

1 Like

Looks killer! Trippin me out though, doesnt look or sound like the old Slymer cut that was popular in the Bay Area few years back. That one had no purple, smell/flavor like straight astringent, and insanely big yields.

2 Likes