Coffweed Attempts x4 GDP, 2 KSS, 1 Frankenstein, and 3 DoMeFast Autos in a 4x4

Not happy! lol

The plants. They seem miffed.

I raised the lights a bit. Changed them to seedling profile. 80% power, 2x 200w LEDs. Gave them a little bit of water (not much — used a teaspoon a few times on em all).

Looking forward to transplanting these things. It is best to wait a bit still, yeah? Ideally until there are three or four nodes or roots coming out the bottom?

Edit:
Lights at three feet now — and 70% power. Waiting. Watching.

5 Likes

Throw a Frankenstein plant into the mix. Sowed directly into a 3gal fabric pot.

So, dialing in the new tent with the AC etc. — whoopsed and left the humidity on full blast (thought it was at 70rh) and let the temp dip to near 60. There was dew on the leaves. Whoooopsies. Much happier place now around 75F 65RH. The other tent will run a little hotter because of this as I turned the AC up a bit, but should be within range.

3 Likes

These little babies still don’t like me much. I’m trying! After the whoopsies maintaining mid 70s(F) and 50-60RH. They were bone dry so I let them drink until a small amount of runoff. Now just waiting and come night hours, not letting the AC run full blast so that they don’t get too cold.

4 Likes

I saw roots! Should have waited a few more days but I think I might have squeezed by :). Watered in with 300mL each in a circle.

5 Likes

Looking good. Fun stuff. Welcome to the tribe.

2 Likes

Thank you!!

Just waiting for Frankie to hopefully pop out in the corner there.

Three DoMeFast of three seeds germinated in the paper towels and so tonight they’ll get new homes as well! Many firsts. First major transplanting. First autos. First full tent (hopefully). This is fun!

4 Likes

…and I think the tent is at capacity :laughing:.

A total of 10 plants, mostly in 5gal or 3gal fabric pots. I might have one more 4x4 tent coming that I’ll see if I need to use (I do).

The temps seem to be dialing in better. Soon the last piece of the puzzle should come together with a dehumidifier in the lung room. Lights are cruising at 400W.

4 GDP, 2 Kyle’s Sweet Island, 3 DoMeFast Autos (JP), and 1 Frankenstein (JP).

Medium is mostly Build A Soil stuff. A lot of their Light mix and a lot of the 3.0 in various stages in the pots. Two of the GDP plants are in Mother Earth Groundswell which definitely has a different feel to it.

Still waiting to confirm life on the Frankenstein and autos, but I’m hopeful. The she beast got sown directly in soil. I’ll be spraying the top of the that pot in a bit here with some filtered water. The autos all germinated well on a wet paper towel and went in earlier today.

I’m excited for this run! My other plant in my other thread will hopefully be done growing around October. Maui Wowie so a long flower time. She’s coming along well though. Still waiting for these plants to perk up. I’m hopeful once they take to their new homes they’ll liven up.

I’d like to mainline at least a few of these and probably train all of them a bit if not a lot. Time for fun!

5 Likes

Look at you go Growmie!!! I remember when I ordered my second tent shortly after my first harvest and then had a friend donate me two other tents with lights and everything. Soon you will have a constant rotation of seeds growing like most of us!

2 Likes

Did you get the winged lights or the four single ones that can connect? Or did you get the continues one light board? I have three vivosun tents. My 4x4 has the winged 200w lights each and feel that isna great one in my opinion.

1 Like

Looks like alotta lite on the babies😎

2 Likes

It’s the 200W winged ones from VivoSun with the fan in the middle — I’ll turn ‘em down a bit!

Down to 75%. They’re now on a 20/4 light cycle as well.

Also @JonPott I can’t tell if you like them or not! I have one more 4x4 tent coming as a gift and will need to get more lights so am curious whatcha think?

3 Likes

Seems like 20%-25% would be enough. :person_shrugging:t6:

Edit: For seedlings

2 Likes

I’m definitely new to lighting when it comes to distance and power. Very open to suggestion! Would that be enough at 25%? When would you ramp it up? I don’t have a PPFD meter (just a lux which isn’t as useful).

1 Like

I am no expert. I think 50-100 watts is enough for what you currently have. 75% seems like 300 watts. Maybe the seedling setting cuts the 200w power in half.🤷🏿

1 Like

The seedling setting I’m pretty sure is just the light profile, not the power. Good to know! I have homework to do!! :slight_smile:

I took it down to 50% as I do more homework — half of what it was!

1 Like

Increase light according to plant growth. Still got like 80% of plant yet to grow. Have they slowed at all since adding second light?

1 Like

Just transplanted last night so hard to say right now. At least the temps and humidity are happy, lol.

Do you play an instrument?

1 Like

I do — mostly guitar (used to cover a few known metal bands often). I’d like to learn more folk stuff with time :slight_smile: — and piano.

How about yourself?

1 Like

The hardest part is LITFA. I’m jealous you can make music while the plants grow. Change 1 thing at a time in the tent. Say you change light distance percentage and turn the fan down. If the plants love the changes that’s great, but which change did they love

3 Likes