Cola’s starting from scratch garden

My beans don’t look like they are gonna germ. So I’ve bought a heated prop. More jiffy 7s and a rootit prop light. It might be shit but it’s worth a look. That as a little set should be more than sufficient to get a few beans popped and take a few cuts when necessary. (That’s the hope anyway)

Moved my dogs kennel next to my shed too. I can run my ducting into it so they get any excess heat. Looks less suspect to any eyes in the sky too.

3 Likes

Bet your dog house gets more use now eh, A heated propagator is a must have item imo. Never grow out without one :grimacing:

1 Like

@pookie123 you are a lucky guy to get decent cob chips for those kind of prices. We get royally shafted for anything useful over here. Check out what mouser UK charge for your Cree CXA3050 chips.
https://www.mouser.co.uk/search/refine.aspx?Ntk=P_MarCom&Ntt=143329825

Strangely the most useful ones for us lot (warm white) are almost twice the price. They must know what most of them are being used for :laughing:

2 Likes

The generosity and genuine compassion that I see among OG Members is remarkable. Hope it never changes. Much love & respect my OG Fam.
:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Customer service from mouser is second to none from what I’ve seen bro. The only issue with them is they ship with fedex and they’re shite. I’ve got another 2 drivers that haven’t landed yet even though they have been in my town since Friday.

Export Estonia for all things cob for me. 3 or 4 days they’re here after order.

@oleskool830 totally agree bro. I’ve had a lot of generosity from folks here. Tried to pay it either back or forward though. Information comes very freely here too.

3 Likes

still got a little bit of insulation left from my shed too so gonna do their kennel. They will either love it or my pup will eat it :joy: he’s a right knob lol

4 Likes

Here we go then @Gaz29 hlg185h has arrived and the replacement 320h (even though I have one that came after speaking to mouser customer service)

4 Likes

Right guys been thinking with these oxypots I should just go and order 3. Submersible pond pumps and turn each pot into an individual rdwc. Then I get the security of using coco in net pots and they still get fed from the top. Although I’ve got canna I am seriously contemplating going back to advanced nutrients sensi grow and bloom ph perfect.

2 Likes

Individual rdwc buckets would be great. If one has issues it wont cause trouble for the others but it will be more work . You could have a common res to top em all up from though eh. I tried quite a few different nutes over the years but kept going back to Ionic for hydro cos it’s simple to use even when stoned and produces good yields.

2 Likes

I used ionic my first ever run in soil and didn’t rate it too much. Advanced nutrients means you can literally ditch the ph meter. (Scared me but I did it) I was considering a 100l slimline water butt to use as a res.

Is it more work? I could use the water pumps to aid in water changes which if I was using just oxypots would be a ball ache I think? I actually have freebie canna aqua vega and flora here I could use but ph fluctuations for my mate were massive which is why he went to AN on my advice

2 Likes

Nah Ionic’s best in hydro. Used it for years with great results and a pal is just now doing hempy buckets using it, he’s been pulling 5 ounces off some of his plants and he’s only been growing just over a year now. Oh and it’s PH stable too but i usually say to folk use what you have available, they all work quite well as long as it’s not miracle grow :grinning:

2 Likes

Suppose there’s nothing stopping me running a side by side at some point with individual pots in my room. I pulled 2.5/2/2 off my first 3 plants using ionic.

I had absolutely no context of LITFA at this point I can assure you bro :joy:

3 Likes

lol we all pay the price but it’s what motivates us to get better at it. I’d like to see the results of your experiment, What gets me is when folk get similar yields from hempy buckets as some do from very complex and expensive setups :grinning:

1 Like

Usually a hefty price lol. If i would have known what a good pheno was on my first run. Then I’d still have a keeper. Was a stardawg bagseed run. (Stardawg is technically bagseed anyway found at a grateful dead concert moons ago)

2 Likes

Never dis bagseed, got a few crackers that way and so do some of the big name breeders. We kept a bunch of seeds from a badly stressed green crack auto that pollinated itself. Got one flowering just now as an experiment. It’s no longer an auto obviously and i had to top at at 4 feet but no sign of bollocks so far and it’s looking good but way bigger than mama was.

3 Likes

Hmm post withdrawn by author, was it something i said :grin: Must admit i do sometimes wonder if mentioning a green crack and bollocks in the same sentence is wise in this age of hyper sensitivity :innocent:

1 Like

progress

2 Likes

Good on ye! well, i’m off out to buy some fish for dinner. I seriously doubt i’ll be as excited by that purchase as you are with yours :beer:

1 Like

should be able to get a better idea of what I’m going for now.

10 Likes

Looking good, you’re not pulling any punches with this build. :punch:

3 Likes