Cola’s starting from scratch garden

Nah, Keep em bro. I’ve got more beans than I know what to do with right now lol. Appreciate it though :smiley:

1 Like

At the rate OGer’s are sending them to me I’m gonna be in the same boat before long. One things for certain. I’ll be smoking what no one else is locally lol

3 Likes

Patience is a virtue…

And one I haven’t got. So looked at my heatsinks again and thought. Alright we got a good edge there. So some measuring. Dithering. Smoking a spliff. Another spliff and drinking a brew I decided I’m gonna tap all the heatsinks. And drill all my original mounts less weight. Less clutter. With the loss of click in and out technologies. It will be a case of dropping off the full mount and doing any work necessary. That’s only 4 bolts anyway

only 20 of these to do ha. Was supposed to be shovelling a tonne of gravel but it’s pissing down so I’m having a hermit day between the shed and house

3 Likes

Keeping busy cola excellent progress on everything, you still waiting on the slow boat from China with your sliders etc…?! What you got the cuttings under ?
Every time I check out “latest” -this thread has a load of ‘new’ replies, plus the post office must be making a tidy sum from you lol…
Anyway bud I’ve no doubt you’ll have yourself an excellent light when finished…
Best wishes and hope you get growing proper soon …
Gaz

1 Like

Fuck sliders I’ve found a solution to get it strapped together. The solution that’s worked for many years. Drill and tap. It’s slow going but reduces weight a little bit. Nice and sturdy once it’s all bolted. And tidy too. It should definitely be a tidy light haha. Fast progress is good. At least it gives you half hour reading when you go for a shite coming here bro

2 Likes

Haha lol :joy: True… good reading material for a shite :eyes::+1:
Looking forward to seeing your lights when done bro…
Gaz

2 Likes

5 cobs mounted. So one side is done. Spliff break and back to do the second half. Hoping we have all lights mounted today

4 Likes

Are they the seeds I sent that aren’t germinating?

1 Like

No bro. Yours are all still in packet apart from half the autos which I sent out to @Gaz29 its old bodhi seeds that aren’t doing their thing. Like I said though the last 3 I stuck in jiffy’s 3 days ago in a heated prop under a prop light so see if they do any better.

On another note the lights are all mounted. Just need to do a few bits of wiring this evening. (Just female to female joins) solder my spade ends for security. Mount the junction box for parallel wiring to the frame and wire the strips. Then it’s cables to drivers and figuring the sonoff but colas rocking.

I’ll get some decent pics top bottom front and back etc after tea and a spliff.

Cola

5 Likes

Some more pics from different angles. Spliff then wiring the strips

7 Likes

3 Likes

That’s looking seriously good bro. Really like the idea of having the drivers outside of the grow space.Your going to put a load of commercial retail market crap to shame with that rig i recon.

3 Likes

Nice one bro. I’m wiring the series up on the cobs at the minute. Will test them again soon on the hlg320h just make sure everything is sitting pretty.
I could do with getting the strips tested too. Wish me luck. I’ll keep you posted

3 Likes

Good luck bro, from what i have seen so far you wont need it cos you have this sussed already. Planning stage for me could last a year and change frequently before i start anything :grin: I’m watching the temp remotely cos i stuck a 600 hps in there yesterday. Just trimmed a couple oz or so of sugar black rose and ate a cookie so that’s about all i’m fit for now anyway :bulb:

2 Likes

She was such a lovely girl too seems a shame at times…nah :grinning:

1 Like

plugged the driver in the wrong way wondered why it didn’t work. Thinking I’d pulled a wire. I stripped all my fancy female to males back and finally figured that I’m a right bellend :joy: anyway. Twist wiring shows me all connections are still good. Gonna use @ReikoX tactic of solder and shrink wrap fuck it. Time to test the strips after another j. @Albannach I had a head start on this one with it being the second cob build. Once you get the basics down it’s pretty easy to work shit out. I still get stuck on daft bits. Ask @Jellypowered

4 Likes

Nothin wrong with solder and shrink wrap. Nice to see em lit bro :thumbsup:

1 Like

Gonna have a quick test of the strips now if I can work the sonoff lol

1 Like

Can’t get signal to the sonoff from the router so gonna have to get a WiFi extender. But. She’s a beast. Meet Cathaire na greine

I set the strips to 120w. Minimum was around 60ish watts. Max was 170ish watts.

On the off chance the sonoff with a WiFi range extender gives me mither I’m gonna grab a couple ordinary switches until I can get it figured but really want to see my cob and strip draw together

8 Likes

Wow that’s the business! primitive man would probably worship it as a god :grinning:

5 Likes