LSD, Orange hill special and Sugar black rose etc grow

I’m now quite glad i have used up the orange hill special seeds. I really wanted to like this strain too but it’s doing the same thing as last time i grew her. The top leaves go pale and get light burn symptoms in mid bloom every time, everything below is nice and green. This of course ruins the yield and it’s happening again even though the lamp is higher this time around. The other plants seem fine (again) and i know the lamp is far enough away, 26 to 28 inches this time, it was 22 to 24 last time. For a 400w cooltube setup this is a bit strange. Plenty of air circulation and ambient temp max is 25C more usually around 22-24C. Anyway i wont be growing it again. A

1 Like

I

I must have said that about the Orange bud until I smelled and smoked it. I want to order the Orange hill special to see how it compares.

1 Like

MTG OrangeCreamsicle is a nice one as well. 10 Weeks or more however, in my experience. Heavy yielder.

1 Like

This is Orange bud dried going in the jar

6 Likes

Looks fine from here.

99%

South of the border is getting some top shelf boutique bud! :grin:

1 Like

I love the wtf look on someones face when they see real mj for the first time.

2 Likes

Ha! Ha! You’re educating the masses. :grin:

2 Likes

I would have to run a full grow of it cos it’s a bit fussy and what it wants ain’t necessarily what the others need. Having said that it is a nice smoke :yum: I would like to try some jillybean at some point, i hear good things.

1 Like

Ok it’s a rare sunny day here so i tried some shots in the bathroom with no flash. Still cant do close ups though they just blur.

LSD nearly there now, more red pistils than the pics show for some reason same with the rest of em.

Orange Hill Special, it’s not as well developed bud wise but there are plenty of them :yum:

Sugar Black Rose, no sign of purple but night temps probably a bit high for that. anyway it’s finishing now and about to get the chop just shortly.

Obligatory feet shot included just to show i’m progressing at this stuff :grin:

The experiment, it grew from a stress induced selfie bean from a previous green crack auto. No sign of bollocks yet anyway, so far so good eh.

Another girl band soon to break up :joy:

9 Likes

very nice! If my lsd seeds would have looked like that I would have kept it!

1 Like

Thank you my friend. This is my third go at the LSD and it keeps getting better each time. It’s been a well behaved lady in my setup and possibly given me the biggest yield per plant since i started up again after the house move. I fitted a 600W dual spec hps in that cooltube today so i’m watching temps and hoping for the best At 56W per sq foot now it is certainly brighter in there :grinning:

3 Likes

Whats your average yield per plant off an auto flower ?

We usually get around a couple of ounces per plant with a 250 hps but we pick autos that can get quite big. Sometimes they get a bit too big for the small tent they are in but the bigger tent we run is for regs only.

1 Like

Sugar Black Rose got the chop tonight, not a bad result for a trial, probably be a bit over 2 oz of really sticky nugs when dry.

2 Likes

The Sugar Black Rose yielded 30g of very potent nuggets, was no hassle and while it’s not top draw it’s a cracker for the price of the beans.

The Orange Hill Special came down 2 days ago and is starting to dry, strong citrus smell but loads of small buds so trim hell. Probably not a big yield, maybe around 3 zips there but not bad for a 400w grow.

Started flushing the LSD plant last night cos it’s finally nearing finish. It will produce the biggest yield of the 3 if it doesn’t get bud rot. I wont try to dry those colas intact in this climate, learned that lesson a long time ago.

9 Likes

I force dried a sample of the OHS earlier and it wrecked me. It tasted green obviously but i still got that orange coming through and it’s loaded with swollen resin glands. A bit of a challenge to grow it in compost with nutes and probably the same with hydro but i’d recommend anyone with a few grows behind them to try it in a full organic grow.

3 Likes

LSD is down and colas trimmed, got shitloads of small puffy bud still to do but a lot of that will become canna butter :cookie: Should be roughly 5 oz of buds there when dry i recon so quite happy with the yield. Just got the Green Crack selfie left in there to come now, probably wont yield much more than 1.5 oz but it’s a smoke eh. A staggered crop but i’ll probably have got around 11 to 12oz from a 400w hps cooltube fixture. Shame i cant use the 600 i bought but someone will no doubt. Hopefully have my diy led rig in there by summer or i’ll be down to a 250 hps if it actually gets warm here.

2 Likes

Grow now finished!. The etc got the chop today and is hanging around to dry, it could have gone a bit longer but i needed the space for my next batch. She don’t smell much like her green crack mum but it’s not at all bad either. Loads of resin and quite dense buds and she never hermied so i call that a decent result. It’s been a good grow and a number of my friends are very happily consuming the bud it’s produced. Thanks for looking in people. I’ll have a go at taking pics of my new bunch with my old tablet to see if it does any better. If it works ok i might start a new journal soon. Cheers, A

4 Likes

very nice pics keep up good work.

1 Like