Cola’s starting from scratch garden

Know your going to get everybody bidding for you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t even want paying. Just another holiday would be grand :grin: as long as I can get baked I’m happy

4 Likes

Sunny :sunny: Cal-ee-for-nee-a. :sunglasses:
Monday forecast 94F. :tongue:

Please bring culture :gb: too. Badly needed here. :wink:

lol

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Half ounce and an oasis tape and some black pudding enough culture from my end R kid?

(Watch any video with a manc in it and that sentence above will make sense) :rofl:

See you monday

2 Likes

Made a light with most of my other cob rig. (Fresh cobs and molex holders) 560mm x 560mm.
Thought I’d make a little sale piece. Not sure what to ask on it but the funds can go towards my mill project

4 Likes

Nice looking light Cola surely someone will pick it up soon…
See my rig ,when I get used to it and I maybe want to change driver - will it be easy for me… I mean changing the 185hig to the 320 version so’s i can run each cob a wee bit higher.?

Anyway you have a great holiday with your Mrs and your wee guy…!
talk later mate …,
Gaz

2 Likes

When that time comes. Shout me brother and I’ll guide you through step by step how to do it. It shouldn’t be all that difficult though. 5 days now and we go. Not that I’m counting or anything :sunglasses:
Hope you’re well mate

2 Likes

Hi Gaz hows it goin pal? My cob driver is an hlg320 but i cant run 8 clu38 at more than 250W before i hit the limit. I did go to 320W with 11 clu38 on that driver but 400 volts in a grow tent had me concerned bro. The other half is running the same 8 x clu38 & driver as you but her rig is drawing 230W (280 volts across the cobs). It might not be worth spending 100 quid on a bigger driver if your only going to gain 20W eh.

2 Likes

Doing well mate…
Makes sense , Cola showed me that I could go to 246.6w max , but maybe try just the 200w plus i have two 55w cobs i can add, cheers @Albannach

Hey Cola cheers but what @Albannach says makes sense , but if I want/need any help, I’ll defo ask you.

Fk, 5 days til yous go away ( not that you’re counting haha)… your plant will be on its last two weeks,eh.?

Cheers for your feedback guys…
Goodnight ,
Gaz

2 Likes

@Albannach is right mate. I forgot you were already getting close to the 250w mark. It’s been a while since I seen it. There’s ways and means to up your power though. (Maybe flat heatsink running 3 a side passive on a 150w driver)? Then you could run either or. Or both.
I’m getting 250w top end on a 320 driver. (Only had 8 Holders to hand)

Push that as hard as you want on that driver bro. Literally crank it to full. It shouldn’t skip a beat

2 Likes

What is the difference between a driver for Sol-strips and the controller for the CMH 315?

2 Likes

The concept is the same, they both take wall current and transform it to the current needed to run the light. That’s where the similarities end though.

2 Likes

Plus meanwell drivers are dimmable. I don’t recall CMH being dimmable although i may be wrong. As reikoX said the drivers are to turn AC power into DC power.

Mine is dimmable. Not sure if they all are.

So kinda like all the adapters for small electronic. They plug into 110v than have the box on the cord to take it to a smaller unit. or is going from AC to DC totally different.?

1 Like

They’re not. A mate of mine has the maxibright 315w CDM/CMH kit and that’s not dimmable

You’re exactly right with the small adapters. Like phone chargers etc. All convert AC to DC. we run on 240v here in the UK. You don’t wanna stick your tongue in it :yum::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I just posted above. My 315w CMH is dimmable.

2 Likes

And I was stating they’re not all dimmable as my mate runs the maxibright stuff. I never disputed yours was?

How do you feel it performs my lovely?

And are your bulbs dimmable?

1 Like

I didn’t get thru a whole grow with it. I switched it out with a led as even at 50% it was to hot.
Just when I thought I knew something you sent me a curve. They sold me the whole set up together so I just guessed the bulbs were.

1 Like

LED is far superior IMHO @G-paS you made the right decision. What are you running light wise at the moment then? There’s not that much in them watt for watt pricing from CMH/CDM here either but we do get shafted on everything lol

I was there when my mate purchased his kit. They sold him the lot together and it’s hydro shop talk that the bulbs weren’t dimmable so they could be talking nonsense. (Although it seems silly to undersell features)

1 Like