Cola’s starting from scratch garden

The first led I got was China junk and it is now over the single auto, The guys gave me a link to a better one but even that
one was keeping the tent to hot, VIPARSPECTRA R900 LED Grow Light. This light is a plug and go and is the upgrade.

The poor Kung are under t5’s to flower. Every thing else is in clean mode.

The driver was for the CMH single end 315 which is what they sold me with the tent and the 4" vent system.

I don’t shop there any more.

1 Like

You may be able to reuse the china junk driver and replace the crappy diodes with cobs. I’ve got a couple shit china lights here I’ve been considering bodging into something good

Good Afternoon Cola,
I have an Omega 315w lec and it comes in a dimmable version too, but mine doesn’t dim, tho…

I just saw the pic of @G-paS’s light , didn’t know the ballasts could be electronic , i thought they had to be the older ballasts … my ballast :leftwards_arrow_with_hook:

I like this lec light it’s putting out some UV and it’s real bright too. Had it only a year or so…

Anyway I’ll run my cob rig at full capacity and see how it does in my 3 x 3 tent…
Talk soon mate ,
Gaz

1 Like

I’ve never used one. It’s just what I’ve learned in passing. So some dim. Some don’t. When I was looking it was early days for 315s over here. And they never appealed to me personally. They do put out a fair bit of uvb iirc which is definitely not a bad thing. (That’s LED’s downfall imo) but you can get a t8 reptile fitting for a few quid so it can be compensated I guess. My first 9 cob cluo48 build was chopped down and put in an 80x80cm over some “shit” and that did well. I’ve got a few more bits to do on this cob. There’s about 400 quid in this little beast.

2 Likes

If I hear of anyone wanting any I’ll give you a shout but i don’t know anyone right now, always someone changing to cob/led lights so you’ll get rid of it easy- fk, stick it on gumtree or.??
Slap a definite price on it and you may get a bite…
Anyway Im away for some lunch :fork_and_knife:mate, you have a good day…! :+1:
Gaz

Yes, the LED drivers go AC to DC, but HID run on AC, but a higher voltage and frequency. So in that respect, totally different. :grin:

3 Likes

Hi pal i have my 8 cob rig in a 1x1x2 meter tent so similar size and it’s doing very nicely so far at 250W. I’s say it’s still brighter than my old 400hps/cooltube rig and it did not too bad eh. Apparently those drivers are at their most efficient when running at full power btw :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Got that and even understood :joy:

2 Likes

This is what all the sunshine daydream buds that were salvageable ended up being.

13 Likes

Had a tiny finger dab of the ssdd oil last night. Ask @Herbie and @kushyhaze I can smoke lol but I still feel written off now after that ha

6 Likes

Not had oil in a very long time, late 90s i think was the last time i went overboard on the stuff. I remember sliding down the bathroom door frame in and hitting my head off the toilet bowl :grin:

4 Likes

You know good stuff is happening when I post in here. Yesterday was a busy old day. Gonna be running 3 x romberry. And 1 x hurkle.

Went to a hydro trade show yesterday too. Free nutrients. Hats. T shirts. Lighters. Rizla. Some amnesia lemon kush fem seeds etc.

Need to go get some reasonable size pots today and finish getting my tent in order. They will have a home by tonight.

I’ve got some solstrip x3’s coming but until then I stuck the bodgiest of solstrip rigs in lol

9 Likes

Je wizz :stuck_out_tongue: @anon58740919 that’s some trade show where they give out all that stuff.

There’s enough canna PK13-14 there to last some folks a whole year.

Amnesia x Lemon Kush seeds, Romberry and Hurkel clones, full range of 3 different brands of food, hats, t-shirts, lighters rizzlas, silca products, moonshine, organic feeds.

The scalpel well that has to make me laugh, where the rest of the cloning kit, or were they trying to sell the propogators to go with all the nutrient give away’s :astonished:

Oh silly me Herbie, @anon58740919 doesn’t need the propagator he’s got Romberry and Hurkle clones to play with and several brands of nutrients to choose from :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Oh lawdy lawdy I have sinned. Everything else was free. Fuck em. :rofl::rofl::rofl: And I already have a heated prop and jiffy7s plus shiny things. Currently walking for some pots headphones on blasting some scotch synths. (Chvrches) I should really pay attention to the roads with headphones in shouldn’t I given the family record.

I’m only gonna use the organicus this run I think mate

3 Likes

You did well at the trade show Cola… i have a few hurkle too so I’ll be watching yours .

Are the x3s THAT much better than the x2s you have… Upgrading your lights again too ii see.?!
You shoulda took your light/s to the trade show , maybe next one.?!
Anyway bro I’ll catch up with you later…
Happy growing/smoking…
Gaz

3 Likes

I’ve seen your hurkle. It was you saying you grew it for your mrs pain that made me want to run it. Never dealt with CBD stuff before cos im a stoner and prefer THC.
As for the x3’s @Baudelaire owed me a few strips so I said I’ll have a crack with the x3’s and see how they do. In all honesty I have no idea if they are to be better or worse. But they certainly have a few features that appeal to the light builder in me. Like running on 36v and the dual banding. You may aswell stick around and see for yourself. I sold my other mate the little square cob rig I made and he said that’s doing him well.

Didn’t take a light this time. Solstrips UK are illuminating a Canna camp next weekend though. And that’s a collection of a fair few north west Canna clubs in attendance. @kushyhaze my other good mate is providing the Soundsystem…and I get to call this work :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

5 Likes

Nice to see you at the trade show Mr. C. @anon58740919

I didn’t do too bad my self either.

I did finally manage to get one of the (like Unicorn poop) CANNA Footballs world cup edition…:joy: I did have to pry it from a crying little boys arms :scream: (NOT REALLY ONLY JOKING FOLKS) :joy:
Eng 2 - CRC 0

Hey that was a lucky find under that van wasn’t it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::wink: A Nike shoe box labeled up ELITE CLONES and finding Romberries and Hurkle inside. I am Going to have to attend more of these trade shows @stonkie @MadScientist

Hope you have a great Sunday Mr Cola :wink:

7 Likes

Bloody hell think i need to get to some of these trade shows. Looks like you both had a more productive day than i did :laughing:

3 Likes

You could have come but even with all those freebies I’m not sure it would warrant the fuel bro. I’m almost set to run now. Even though it’s already running. Colas going organic for this

2 Likes

Before topping. From the left hurkle. Romberry 2.romberry 1. Romberry 1.

Soil mix is around 60% compost. 20% top soil. And 20% top dressed with a Coco perlite mix cos I ran out of soil. Pots are 7l mini gorilla tubs I poked some holes in the bottom of. 320w of fuck knows what spectrum poorly spaced solstrips. (Temporary measure) im a proper lazy bastard too so I haven’t even put a fan and filter in yet. Just a circulation fan. And I watered them in without a drip tray. One of those days then haha🤣

6 Likes