Cola’s starting from scratch garden

Time to see what that Moonshine is all about then and those other organic samples you managed to bag. It usually a good sign that there female and quality when they have preflowers and frost on them as cuttings.

A sign of good things to come :wink:

1 Like

It’s a sign they were pulled off a flowering plants you lying bastard :rofl::rofl: the terpenes on the birds the romberry mother’s told me they were quality genetics and the structure. Do you know anyone for a banner making quickly

@Herbie are you gonna hit the Canna camp at the weekend. It’s a meeting of all the “insta kids” we spoke of. Promoting every aspect of that side of work we spoke about

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: Cant help with the banner sorry. Unless its Bruce Banner then I know a green man :sunglasses:

1 Like

I would like to but I would have to bring Mrs Herbie, lets see how much work I can get done this week to free up some time at the weekend :wink:

1 Like

It’s on over 2 days anyway. I’ll be doing the first. I’m always knackered by 10pm anyway. Could do with a trim dump for edibles before weekend if possible. Make a wage even if I don’t sell a light

I didn’t necessarily mean a trim dump off you btw just thinking out loud

I will tidy it at some point I swear ha

7 Likes

I did the unthinkable and ordered a pH and EC meter. They needed wetting today and I’m pretty certain my pH is gonna be off. Amazon prime to the rescue. Be here for next feed. Organic amendments for pH please. All suggestions welcome

3 Likes

For an organic acid I prefer citric acid for pH down. You should be able to buy it at health food stores as well as brew supply stores. I usually add 2.5 grams to 250ml to make a stock solution. Potassium bicarbonate is an option for pH up. I’ve also used potassium silicate for pH up, but some people frown on it.

4 Likes

Or vinegar too, if yare lookin the cheapest, I think.

3 Likes

Cheapest isn’t an issue. Most stable would be the best suggestion Imo. There’s absolutely no way on this green earth our tap water will even resemble acidic. UK government are cheap af and don’t want to replace corroded pipes too often.

1 Like

No, viniger is an herbicide. I would strongly suggest against it. Even though the concentration is probably not high enough to kill our plants on contact. Citric acid is produced naturally by the plant as part of the Citric Acid Cycle or Krebs Cycle.

2 Likes

I thought vinegar was a sketchy one to use. Maybe in a pinch as a last resort in small amounts. I’m going to see how easy citric acid is to get to me. See if Amazon prime get the win twice

They got the win twice

6 Likes

Iv’e tried vinegar and lemon juice but it’s not very good bro, the ph usually starts rising again within hours and it leaves residue. I was going to buy commercial citric acid cos it’s cheap till i saw the canna stuff. They call it organic acid :grin:. It’s citric acid and also sulfuric acid (going by the smell), Anyway it holds the ph down much longer and plants eat sulfates :thumbsup:

1 Like

I only can say I uses it all my life without problems, n I knowna lot of growers here usin it too like me
Anybody talks bout any problem never…
Never hear vinegar is an herbicide…are ya sure?
But If my family’s child dosent drink all my lemons like lemonade, I will use its juice & natural citric acid better than vinegar.
Anyway thanks a lot ((by/for)?) your info: I will investigate bout it…
Salud!

5 Likes

Not happy in there just yet. They can have some attention spread out over the day. Get some pH water in there and let them settle a week or so. Far too much stress to flip just yet. In all fairness the hurkle is coping well it’s the romberry that are a bit bitch like ha

1 Like

New light 10x3500k solstrip x2’s although my x3’s landed today I’ve come to the decision that considering I have no heatsinks to suit. And I’ve just built a pretty good unit. I’m just gonna sell the x3’s on. Got enough fucking about without unnecessary fucks added. so any interest shout up.

Flushed every pot yesterday with 6.2 pH water only. Days of LITFA now and they can start having a feed again. Need to get some sonoff gear back in to monitor and control temps and humidity. Cos it’s definitely not in my shed and not as Keen to play ball either.

In comparison to when they went in although looking a bit tired and stressy I can already see recovery where I need to.

5 Likes

I do like that rig bro, you should produce a good yield with that if you dial everything in eh. Just watch humidity though cos it’s often too dry in veg and too humid in bloom lol. The one i’m building for her will be similar but 1 less strip and an external driver. Iv’e been flushing with an EC of around 1 including calmag at a PH of 5.6 cos 6.2 is right at the top end for a soilless medium. They got feed earlier EC 1.2/PH 5.7 cos still in veg but hoping to see what they are soon, they are getting quite big now.

1 Like

You got your room back in order with your little humidifier then bro? I think that is one of my issues there to be honest. And night temps may be low too I just dunno yet. A little sonoff setup will have it all back in order I’m sure.

3 Likes

The big pots are helping a bit with humidity but iv’e been spraying them a lot more, i cant seem to get much else done. Keep getting held back by visitors and punters wanting advice or their boats fixed :weary: I’m about to go and try out that wee humidifier now i have a minute and fill cans with 40L of water for the next round of feeding. No rest for the wicked lol.

3 Likes

Vinegar is only a foliar herbicide. Definitely don’t spray it on the plants. But it’s OK in a pinch to adjust pH of rootzone.

6 Likes