8th Avenue Genetics - RSC Iranian x X18 Paki -RF

Started 6 seeds and they are all above the soil in 2L pots with 3rd set of leaves growing.
They are in Royal Gold Coco and will be transplanted 3 gal fabric pots when the time comes.
plan to let them grow 4-6 weeks then flip them.

Many Thanks @Comacus this is a new cross of (RSC Iranian #2 x X18 IBL from Tom Hills)

15 Likes

The IG photo on the RSC site is great shot of the Iranian.

9 Likes

Sounds outstanding! :+1:

1 Like

I’ve been advised to flip to 12/12 sooner to manage the stretch

• something to think about in the next few…
3 Likes

Genetics: Iranian Landrace :iran:
Sourcing: The Real Seed Company, Khorasan, Iran, 2019 Harvest
Purpose: Charas (sieved resin) :poop:
Latitude: 35° N
Harvest: late-September to October
Height: [forthcoming]
Aroma: [forthcoming]
Characteristics: High-yielding
Classification: C. sativa subsp. indica var. afghanica x C. sativa subsp. indica var. indica
Grow Type: Outdoors, greenhouse, or indoors

An Iranian landrace from the Khorasan region of northeastern Iran, neighboring Turkmenistan and Afghanistan.

This is a high-yielding landrace with immense bud production. It was sourced through a long-term resident of Khorasan with deep knowledge of the area. Seeds are direct from local farmers.

Khorasan is an ancient centre of cannabis culture. Most famously, it was the site of the khanqah of Qutb ad-DÄ«n Haydar, a Muslim mystic legendarily said to have discovered hashish. Best known to the West as Sheikh Haydar, his followers, the Haydaris, were famed for their extreme practices and chronic cannabis use.
Iranian landraces exhibit characteristics like those of Hindu Kush and Middle Eastern strains.

9 Likes

I’ve been advised to flip to 12/12 ASAP due to the landrace genetics

[#x18pakistani]

4 Likes

The stretch on these won’t be too bad. For me, the Iranians grew more like a bubba, and stayed short. In my Silk road run, they finished with the least amount of stretch in the group.

7 Likes

good growth - just fed with JACKS 321 -

4 Likes

Looking good.

Watching along for this one haven’t seen to many iranian plants grown out it’s definitely intriguing

2 Likes

+11 days, growing well - will be checking roots soon - fed JACKS 321 only

10 Likes

Looking good!

1 Like

plants are growing very uniform and seem to be very light feeders; X18 genetics seem dominate. next going to top and veg a few more weeks before flowering

• here’s what a couple look like today. next update in two weeks

9 Likes

@rootfarmer how are the Mongolian Sunset and Iranian x X18 coming along?

been slow on updating due to some computer gremlins. I had several males [4] and put them in a isolation chamber to capture some pollen. down to 2 ladies ATM.

I didn’t top the plants but did pull the major fan leaves and will let them grow without any training. I have had the day\night temps swing out of VPD [ ~20 F ] a couple times and they seem to have slower growth. the ladies are starting to stack and the plants are very uniform in growing.

5 Likes

4 weeks later and still plugging away -got a little leaf burn after doing full feeding a couple times over a 2 week span.
learned a lot about this cross and should have topped and fimmed early in vegg to get branching.
will pull all fans leaves next to encourage lowers and do only PK feeding to finish.

Colas will be heavy and looking forward to a tester taste in a couple more weeks

7 Likes

been a bit since I’ve been online to make updates much due to fighting computer and internet problems for 3 months.

Same as the the Malabar cross - this will be the last update - plants are in dark room to finish out - I did light DEP for two weeks and they had white pistils still. I kept these root bound due to fear of out growing my tent. These look to have some seeds as I did have many males from this grow attempt.

• bud-squeeze smell is hard to describe
    something chemical or like some kind of cleaner.

4 Likes

@rootfarmer glad you got your computer going again. They sound like survivors still having white pistles after two weeks of light dep!

Great job on them. Thanks for giving them a run. I look forward to your smoke test.