Bodhi Summer 2020 Tester: Kandahar Black x 88G13HP

So I was told a while back (18 months or so?) I would get some stuff to test. Time came and went and nothing came about it. Then I got a random email that testers went out and I figured I was just lumped in with the people that were receiving the email. Well, that was not the case this time around. I got a small coin display slip with handwriting that said Kandahar Black x 88g13hp.

There were a couple that were clearly squished but I figured I would wrap up the Apollo 13/11 run and toss these out to the wolves.

I scratched, soaked, and let them sit for a couple of days and some really weird stuff happened. I had a couple completely kick their shells including two that were in one seed. I used tweezers and placed them into primed Rockwool cubes (I like to test in hydro because I can stomp on the gas fast)

A few more days passed and some were growing and others were stalled out. Including a second double seed.

Unfortunately, the smaller one culled itself.

In the end, I ended up with 3 viable plants that have been riding in a bubble bucket for 2+ weeks. It is time to give them all there own home but here are a few pics of the three [unsexed] that I have.

Please note that although there may be other plants in pictures in this thread some belong to clients. Instead of blotting out plant names, I am leaving them as is. Please DO NOT ask about them. This thread is about the three Bodhi testers only.

33 Likes

June 22, 2020

June 26/27, 2020

!
#3 IMG_20200627_223929 - Copy|375x500

32 Likes

I had four seeds that had twins. I seperated them and fortunately all four survived. I read where many times they do not make it.

10 Likes

:star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: Those are looking very nice. I’m watching this one.

8 Likes

Gotta do something with these soon. They have outgrown their nursery bucket.

Ropes

26 Likes

Well this looks like FUN!!! :+1: :sunglasses:
:couch_and_lamp: :popcorn:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

:seat: :popcorn: :movie_camera:

1 Like

I like the comments I have seen recently about why the tap root of a seed plant is not better than those missing from a cut clone.

Would you rather have a professional drill you a 100 foot water well or are you cool with having to suck it out of 6" of dirt with a Dixie straw?

I cleared some space in the veggie garden and will put these on drippers after today. The garden soil out there is outrageous. This year I added 6 cubic yards of composted horse manure and tilled into the bed that I have been working for three years. It is peat, pumice/hydroton, and homemade compost. It is all on timed drippers and in the full [hot af] Sacramento sun.

All plants out there get dusted with diatomaceous earth and sprayed with Plant Therapy. I have already seen aphids on my tomato plants so I will also rotate in an orchard strength liquid sulfur/pyrethrin spray if needed but the Plant Therapy is the bee’s knees.

10 Likes

:nerd_face: On the flip-side… (just for weirdo argument sake)… if a grower is having trouble with soggy-bottom-ed media, I wonder if the clone adapts more readily than the seed? :thinking: :smoking: :fr: oh hohAw! :sweat_smile:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

There are a couple of good arguments but in the case of yours I would simply say to stop over-watering. LOL

If you are using pots then a tap root can swirl the bottom of the container and because they grow so aggressively it can rootbound a container pretty quick.

I will sink these into Mother Earth

4 Likes

So for some dumb reason I pulled these right out of the bubble buckets and into the hot Sacramento sun without acclimating them. They are recovering OK but they all got fried to one degree or another.

Several clones were taken off of each first.

I will post pics in a bit

9 Likes

This has to be one of the most uneventful test grows ever.

Of the three plants I had two of them were males. I would normally keep one (or both) but I sunk these in the ground in my veggie garden upwind from my larger, flowering plants. No bueno. They were culled tonight.

So my lone Kandahar x Ghash is alive and kicking smack dab in the middle of a hot pepper patch. She won’t be a giant but she will get her justice.

10 Likes

Alright, come on, let’s see her!

2 Likes

I will say that this is NOTHING like the ghash I have. NOTHING at all. She is loaded with 9’s and I have to say that you really do not see a lot of 9 or 11’s anymore. Certainly not like I did when I was younger. Life these days seems to mostly be 3, 5 and 7’s.

16 Likes

And for the food-eaters following along that is a yellow straight neck behind her, golden cayenne and serrano to her left and campari tomatoes to the right.

I like testing stuff in the veggie garden because it gives me a really good idea of her bug and mildew resistance, both of which are really light in the garden this year.

5 Likes

Red Cherry Berry F2 female:

:smirk: :cherries: :strawberry:

10 Likes

15 Likes

:thinking: am I wrong to think Afghani OG looking? :sweat_smile: or mini Mexi OG?

4 Likes

It is an Afghani.

4 Likes

19 Likes