8th Avenue Genetics - Mongolian Sunset -RF

• Growing of new cross of Pink Malabar and X18

Many Thanks @Comacus this is a new cross of
(Uzbeckistani AKA Pink Malabar from USC x X18 IBL from Tom Hills)

start [re-start] half pack seeds in paper towel and put them in solo cups. sprouted tails in 24 hours and took off in the solos but they fell down after a week - only thing I could figure was the potting mix was too ‘hot’ - I started the rest of the pack and put them in used potting mix and now they are growing great. Also, I had infant mortality on one seed that the taproot grew in a corkscrew and now I question which end is “up” on seeds. I have just moved them to 4L after two week in Solo Cups; I’ve never seen roots so vigorous.

• Moving them to 18/6 VEG for ~4 weeks - we’ll see what the growth is like.

13 Likes

Looks and sounds interesting.i am definitely pulling up a chair for this one.

2 Likes

:clap: great name! Bodhi would be jealous! :wink:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

@rootfarmer sounds like the second batch is doing better. How did the Iranian x X18 hold up in the new soil?

Good luck with them. I am looking forward to following along!

3 Likes

doing well now - they are growing like weeds !!
had to add the Iranian is in its own grow log. just needed the picture.

2 Likes

Most X18 research shows that its crosses are dominated by the Pakistan genes.
X18 is a very good strain to combine with other marijuana types during breeding.

• strain does not provide high yield but it can provide you with high potent harvest.

• Pheno range from fruit like apple, citrus, and pear to skunk with a touch thick bottom end.

• Provides a cerebral effect which is calming and soothing.

• easy to grow indoors and outdoors.

• great breeding stock due to its high THC potency & variable terpene profiles

4 Likes

This Uzbek variety aka Pink Malabar is a 12th generation landrace from Underground Seeds Collective, producing an Indica-dominant line characterized by a fruity, sweet aroma with some phenotypes showing a pronounced Bubblegum flavor.
This variety finishes flowering in 9 weeks, reaching a medium size and can tripe or even cuadruple its size during the stretch period at the start of bloom, leading to a heavy yield at harvest time.

Plants readily take on dark purple colours at the end of flowering, and its fleshy buds give off a fruity aroma, ranging from blueberry to candy on a sweet Bubble Gum background.

Its abundant resin production and complex, terpene profile make Uzbekistan/Pink Malabar an ideal candidate for making full-flavoured cannabis concentrates.

The effect is typically Indica, heavy, relaxing and soothing without being incapacitating. Ideal for relaxing during the day or in the evening.

Underground Seeds Collective Uzbekistan Aka Pink Malabar info:
Type: Regular seeds
Genetics: Landrace Uzbekistan F12
Indica dominant
Indoor flowering: 9 weeks
Yield: High

1 Like

Purdy Flowers - thinking Pink Bubblegum Hash…

10 Likes
3 Likes

+11 days they are growing well - the Tom Hill X18 dominates plant genetics -
might need to topdress some rabbit poo for a slow N boost

4 Likes

Cruising right along!

1 Like

Couple weeks later the plants are growing very uniform and seem to be very light feeders.
Going to top and veg a few more weeks before flowering

• pulling clones from the side branches to sex asap
  • here’s what a couple look like today. next update in two weeks
3 Likes

Looking good. I didn’t top any of the moms so it will be fun to follow along,and see how they do with a nice topping!

1 Like

I had several males [3] and put them in a isolation chamber to capture some pollen. down to 3 ladies ATM.

I didn’t top the plants but did let them grow without any training. I have had the day\night temps swing out of VPD [ ~20 F ] a few times and their seem to have slower growth.
the ladies are starting to stack and the plants are very uniform in growing.

4 Likes

still going well and the growth is solid colas

• got some nute burn after doing full feeding a couple times over a 2 week span
    pistals are white and trichs are clear yet - wondering how many weeks till finish
  • colas will be heavy; at finish will be squishing right away -hoping for a 20% yield.

4 Likes

Looking good. Cool flowering structure on the main bud shot.

1 Like
been a bit since I've been online much due to fighting computer and internet problems for 3 months.

Last update - plants are in dark room to finish out - I did light DEP for two weeks and they had white pistils still.
my guess is that my QB288 [ R spec] lack enough red spectrum to push the plant to finish; just a guess as I read that as once of the shortcomings of LED growing. A friend shot me a link for Red supplement lights [~$200] to help.

2 Likes

That’s some crazy mental looking weed there bro :tophat::tophat::crown:off to you sir. Outstanding job. I have a load of landraces in fridge might put some on next time round

2 Likes

@rootfarmer thanks for giving them a run. What sort of smells are you getting from this one?

I look forward to hearing your smoke report!

1 Like

the Pink Malabar genetics are strong and so the smell is a sweet bubblegum.
the trichs are dense as well - I am doing an extended lights out and air dry to promote trichs have some amber finish.

• here’s a camera shot from a low rung bud - pistils are turned, but mostly cloudy on the trichs

1 Like