Coming out of Retirement

It’s been quite a few years since I’ve done a grow, but I figure if OG has come back, I might as well, too.

All seeds from The Real Seed Company. Lao Sa and Kashmiri along the top. Nepalese Mountain Ganja and Highland Lao #4 on the bottom, and the weird runt on the right is Afghani Mix.

51 Likes

"They’re BAAAAACK!!!" :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: WELCOME!! :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: Continued success in your reentry, take care, stay safe, and be well…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Welcome back! Let’s go! :beers:

4 Likes

Welcome back! And what an interesting menu to dive back in with! I’ll be watching to see if the Kashmiri is similar to Azad Kashmir that floats around OG from time to time. And the Nepalese Mountain… super intriguing!!

Pulling up a log by the campfire, and rolling up a couple joints for this one! :sunglasses::fire:

4 Likes

Welcome back to the game.

2 Likes

Along for the ride… good luck with your grow

2 Likes

Pulling up a spot for me and Mister B (he wakes me up for the good bits) :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

They’re starting to pick up steam.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. Overgrow was a really important community for me many years ago. It’s so amazing to have this place back.

7 Likes

(. Overgrow was a really important community for me many years ago. It’s so amazing to have this place back.)
Welcome back, it’s a better place now. Much different, as every post does not start a fist fight, LOL!!!
Great looking line up!
webe

6 Likes

They received their first feeding last night.

5 Likes

Apologies, everyone, for disappearing so long. Updates are coming soon, but I wanted to go ahead and pop in to ask if anyone has experience with any of these strains. I’m particularly interested if anyone has grown the Highland Lao #4

4 Likes

Hey everyone, sorry again for the long delay. Things have been really crazy.

The plants had a period of pretty severe nutrient deficiency, which I was able to correct, and then a period of underwatering while I was out of town. Also, they’re still in the small pots, as I haven’t had time to replant them, with the exception of the Highland Lao #4. Overall they’re doing well, though, but you can see that they’ve been through some stress.

I’m really interested to hear if anyone has experience with the Highland Lao #4. It suffered the most during the nutrient deficiency, as you can probably see. Once it bounced back, though, it developed this amazing odor which is like nothing I’ve smelled in cannabis before. It’s really like women’s perfume, floral like black locust flower with melon like cantaloupe. If you’ve ever come across anything like this, I’d love to hear about it.

The Lao Sa also has a strong aroma, almost nauseatingly intense carrot. Again, I’ve never come across this, but I have read descriptions like it.

Anyway, I’m hoping to repot soon and post more updates.

Kashmiri

Afghan Mix

Nepalese Mountain Ganja

Lao Sa

Highland Lao #4

11 Likes

They are going to love those new shoes, how are you feeding them? beer3|nullxnull

4 Likes

They’re getting the general feeding dose of Grow Big with every watering.

1 Like

Thanks, I mean those sativa looking should use less than what’s stated in the feeding chart … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

They’ve been really thriving at that dose. They got hit the hardest during the nutrient deficiency. I think they’re not looking as great right now from the underwatering when they got our nasty tap water as an emergency watering. I’ll keep an eye on them though. I tend to err on the side of less nutes.

2 Likes

Less nutes side is the safest, no nutrient burn or lock, easy to mend if going too far, following along … beer3|nullxnull

4 Likes