Jobu's Garden (Summer 2024 Edition)

First grow in a long while and first one I’m able to document here on OG. Growing
autoflowers in a 4x4 with 9gal XXL Autopots.

The Strains!

• Hubbabubbasmelloscope from Mephisto

• Milk and Qookies from Night Owl (from the 2020 Halloween drop)

• Froot Fuel BX1 from Speedrun Seeds (been seeing and hearing good things about them so wanted to check out their genetics

• Marathon OG F4 from Dark Owl (Night Owl and Darkhose collab)
    (This was supposed to be Skywalker from Mephisto but none of my seeds germinated (they were 5 years old is what it is) so that was replaced with a Marathon OG that was started a few days after the others.

Basic Grow Info
Tent: Gorilla Grow Tent 4x4 with 2 ft extension
Light: HLG 600R static height 75 inches from ground (20/4 cycle)
XXL Autpot system with 9 gallon pots
BuildASoil Light Soil with top dressing and amendments added as needed throughout the grow

Seedlings all got an overnight soak in aloe water before being put into coco coins. Froot Fuel and Milk and Qookies popped out with 36 hours and a day later the Hubbabubbasmelloscope showed up. Planted them a day later in the autopots. The soil was saturated with Rootwise microbials and Quillaja (both from BuildASoil). before putting the seedlings in.

I promise the picture quality will improve, just needed something to start the journal with.

Cheers everyone! Thanks for following along this summer!

Jobu says “happy growing!”

16 Likes

You’re off to a great start. I look forward to following your success.

1 Like

Well let me pull up my :seat: and we’re off…
K+ @Jobu

1 Like

Dialing in the environment today and the girls are looking happy. Using a AC Infinity 69 Pro and this level of tech probably isn’t helpful for my ADHD. Have to constantly refrain myself from fiddling with it just because I can, but this is already so much easier than using old inkbirds.

VPD and DLI are stable and where they should be. Actually using these things in an “official” capacity is new to me. Before it’s been the more old school “keep the temp and humidity in this range, turn down the lights if the plants don’t seem to like it” I think the more scientific way is going to work out better.

HBSS finally stopped being a diva and took off her helmet, was worried I was going to have to do surgery because the leaves were stuck but life finds a way and we’re good.

Marathon OG wasn’t wasting any time and popped it’s head out of the coco today, HOWEVER it seems like it’s getting ahead of itself and a bunch of the tap root was pushing out as well. So I treated it like I germinated it in a paper towel and moved her to her autopot as well.

The brand of coco coins I used are garbage, the rest of the package has already been tossed.

And some clearer shots of M&Q and FF doing there thing.

6 Likes

@Bert @ManyManySpliffs I appreciate the support y’all! Thanks for joining me on this summer’s journey. Here’s to a good and green one!

5 Likes

WHERE DID YOU GET A JOBU STATUE!!!

:baseball: :exploding_head:

Also great line-up!

2 Likes

Killer lineup man! Going to follow along!

1 Like

Marathon OG already popped it’s head up through the soil and the leaves are peaking out of the shell. Glad I transferred her.

@Cbizzle appreciate it, thanks for following! I think it’'s a solid lineup/blend of flavors/highs (hopefully)

@Pigeonman it’s amazing what you can find on the internet when you’re stoned and determined haha. I think I found it on some sports movie prop replica site a long time ago. He’s lived in the back room with my grow tent for a few years. Have to wake up plants!

4 Likes

Girls got their first watering last night, aloe water with quillaja. Everybody’s looking happy.

Froot Fuel isn’t wasting time.

Milk & Qookies is slowly but steady chugging along

HBSS is being a bit of a diva since she took a little longer to get dressed and show up to the party.

And we have MOG who started her journey a few days later so she’s playing catch up.

VPD and DLI are dialed in and consistent. Gotta love this AC Infinity controller, makes this shit stupid easy.

I don’t think I’ll ever get over the excitement of watching plants grow. I get like a kid on Christmas waking up in the morning and going to check on their progress. Always a great feeling.

2 Likes

We’re about a week in at this point (I never know when to start counting days) and they’re all looking good and healthy. The three got a drink of aloe water and MOG got a moistening on top but not a full bath.

Froot Fuel continues to lead the charge and is going to be a bigguns judging by the Speedrun stuff I’ve seen.

M&Q and HBSS grinding along, HBSS had some issues with her helmet but the leaves are finding a way around it. I just let nature do its thing.

Marathon OG looking great considering my earlier worries when it started to germ out of the shit coco coin.

Still probably two weeks away from turning on the autopots. Until then it’s hand watering and probably on the lighter side. I feel like the majority of people overwater their autoflowers and stunt them so keeping a close eye on that.

1 Like

Day 12ish maybe? I never know when to start counting days. Everyone’s looking healthy. Marathon OG was having some wind issues because of how the fan in the tent was set up apparently. Made zero sense since the fan was feet above and on the other side of the tent but moving the pot a little closer towards the middle seemed to help. Increased the DLI to 16 and checked the leaf temp with a temp gun and they were all within a degree of the air temp so VPD should be fine. Hoping to turn on the autopots this weekend.

Speedrun Seeds are no joke, Froot Fuel can’t be stopped. Most of their plants that I’ve seen get 8+ oz and I can see why.

Happy she’s doing so well for a 4 year old seed

I think I read that Hubbabubbasmelloscope starts out slow and hits its stride later during the stretch, which would make me feel better about her slow growth out of the gate. But I just keep reminding myself, let nature do it’s thing.

She’s hanging in there

5 Likes

Top dressed with silica (mainly because I forgot to mix it in before I planted :man_facepalming:) and watered that in with rootwise and quillaja. Girls all looked pretty thirsty. Should be the last hand watering (aside from a few top dresses) and once the pots dry out again this weekend I’ll turn on the autopots. Then it’s hold onto your butts! Hopefully…

3 Likes

how are these doing now? are they flowering nicely?

1 Like

@Kami thanks for asking, they’re looking great and I’lll post a full update with pictures when I’m back next week.

Life threw a bunch of curveballs, house needed a new hvac system (so it wasn’t below 85 inside the house for a week, woof…) Then the dog needed a few teeth removed (she’s fine) and then I was out of the country for a couple weeks and now on a family beach vacation.

BUT

AUTOPOTS ARE THE SHIT!

Have a homegirl who’s watching my pups and been keeping the autopot tank full. So no one opened the tent for the 2.5 weeks I was out of the country. Came back to some serious monsters. Like 6.5 feet growing past the light monsters. There’s some obvious nute deficiency and/or light burn on a few of the upper leaves, but the buds are looking good, no mold or any issues. Frankly I’m more than impressed for them to be doing so well with zero attention for almost three weeks.