OG18 bagseed run

Hey overgrow. Morbid here, back from a couple years’ hiatus (from forums, not growing.) I’ll cut to the chase because I tend to be verbose and over-explain everything. I moved from PA to Boulder, CO 2 years ago for a career change and have been mortified to find that >75% of the dispensary weed here is godawful. Recently I’ve been looking for some good OG kush with that classic lemon pledge exhale. I found some that fits the bill perfectly, some OG18. I haven’t bought much else and eventually found an 1/8th with what I really wanted: 1 or 2 bagseeds. This flower is, I must say, pretty impressive compared to most of the absolute garbage (I mean this. Just horrible) dispensary weed I’ve had in Colorado. Anyways, over a few months of smoking and getting to know the one budtender who also loved the OG18, we were able to come up with 6 bagseeds. This journal is their tale…

I’ll be vegging with an HLG 65 watt LED supplemented with some LED bulbs until they’re big enough to warrant adding more light.

20 Likes

Bagseed for the win. I just a post yesterday about peoples’ first bagseed grows–awesome that you’re going for it here (albeit not your first time, I gather). I can’t wait to see how they grow!

3 Likes

Gotta love a good bagseed grow :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

I still remember that OG 18 straight lemon pledge funk with a high that lasts hours and hours and hours . Been at least 10 years probably more since I’ve had the pleasure! Really looking forward to this my friend and welcome back to forum life. Definitely picked a good one to come back to.

4 Likes

For some background, I’ll be growing in Coco with your standard 3 part nutes + a root promoter. Using multiple oscillating fans and a humidifier but not going crazy trying to control VPD. I don’t have the right living situation for that as I’ll be growing in a bedroom closet with ventillation to the attic. Lights are HLG 65 v2 board and a 400W Viparspectra LED, basically cheap amazon fodder from years ago. I’ve built better lights but they are half a country away in storage. However, I’ve grown out a lot of very good bud under this setup, I just have to keep the canopy footprint small. I plan to add at least another 100 watts or so of LED to increase my coverage area once these plants bush out.

1 Like

Nice bag seed maybe one of em holds some gold. og 18 is a great plant for indoors but gotta keep a look out for the bud rot

1 Like

Hell ya brother, hope you find one that’s just Like the og18 bud you smoke.i would love to find that lemon pledge og again.
I got seeds from Reserva Privada around 2009ish of the ogkush that had that smell. I vividly remember the first time smelling og kush in my tent with that smell, I thought this is that shit snoop raps about for sure…lol
Wasn’t the prettiest bud but damn did it smell amazing and hit nice. I also remember it had some wicked lung expansion.
If I remember correctly the og18 was a bigger yielding og kush. They sold that one at the same time I bought the og kush seeds.
I hope you find those golf ball nugs that just reek of lemon pledge :v:

2 Likes

Just posting some pics. I FIM’d 2 of them and will leave the rest alone a bit. The FIM’s were gnarly, probably some of the worst I’ve done. LOL. But they’re moving on. Perhaps some PH-related leaf wrinkling, I forgot my tap water is pretty basic here so I started adding in some lemon juice to PH.

Seriously, how did I manage to take off the whole fan leaf?

2 Likes

That’s where clone only strains are found…

2 Likes

New shoes update. Veg is kinda boring so I’m not posting a lot.

6 Likes

Og18 is probably one of the more memorable ogs I’ve smoked, it was potent and terpy. I’m interested to see how this comes out

1 Like

Any luck growmie?

1 Like