Common Visual Coverage and Mimic Plants of Cannabis

Historically, Cannabis growing has been a stealthy procedure for those in the outdoors, especially guerilla grows.

What kind of plants have been used for covering, mimicking, or camouflaging Cannabis crops?

I’ve heard of bamboos, and possibly hops.

4 Likes

I once heard of someone keeping a plant on their front porch and hanging plastic tomatoes off it :laughing: :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That is too funny

2 Likes

Cleome plants look very similar but grows flowers!

9 Likes

Maybe even too similar honestly hahaha

2 Likes

Yeah there’s a Cleome by me that when I first saw it, I swore it was a male hemp plant…

2 Likes

That Cleome is really something!

Check out this stuff, kenaf, a type of… Hibiscus?!

2 Likes

Haha you can’t tell me that’s not Mary Jane!

My thought would be to grow something really tall that doesn’t mimic MJ on the outer area you want that people initially see, a layer of a mimic plant on the inner part of those, and put the good stuff in the back or middle depending on layout. (As long as it will still get decent light)

I feel like mimic plants in plain view lead to people being curious and checking it out looking for goodies haha.

dealing with this myself this year. i will be using tall sunflowers this year as a sort of living fence. way easier and cheaper than building a fence so that my plants cannot be seen between my house and the de attached garage as people drive buy. i want to move them out further from the garage this year for more hours of sunlight but without some sort of barrier people will see them because i am growing large strains. so for me sunflowers it is. budget friendly to boot.

1 Like