Companies who discriminate against marijuana while taking marijuana money

Not sure where to put this either here or community please move if needed.

I want to create a list of companies that discriminate against medical marijuana patients while selling/marketing to our community.

The first on the list is Lowe’s I recently received a PT holiday job offer from them went through the entire hiring process including a oral swab drug test I was transparent the entire time about my status as a marijuana patient. Was still offered a position only to be denied yesterday on basis of my drug test. The strangest part was the drug lab asking if I was a medical marijuana patient and me saying yes only to find out this question was only for the drug labs internal records. Now I’m sure most are like duh Lowe’s isn’t going to give you a job with weed in your system and I already assumed this, however curiosity killed the cat and I had to see the level of discrimination I would face in Missouri.

With 55 million marijuana users in the US I find it unethical at the least to alienate that large of a group while selling products that are targeted at this same demographic. With the rapid spread of medical/legalization how many of these people especially the older folks are gonna spend there money at Lowe’s as apposed to a local hydro shop I would think a lot especially those who are still shy or embarrassed to be seen at a hydro shop.

Sounds kinda funny to be shy scared or embarrassed but at the same time my father is pushing 70 and will not go into a headshop for any reason, over 50 years of daily smoking and hasn’t stepped foot in a headshop since the early 70s out of fear of being seen. With all of that said Lowe’s a Veterans owned business as there commercials shoved it down my throat all weekend openly discriminates against disabled veterans. They will never get another dollar of mine period. I hope others will join me in this. Please share your own experiences of discrimination with places of business that gladly take our marijuana money.

Let’s create a boycott list.

10 Likes

Lowes response to me asking how a veteran owned company would openly discriminate against disabled veterans and people with terminal illness’s

6 Likes

I’ll one up you…This being Canada, though…

How about when the people who were throwing others in fkn jail for growing, are now the Marijuana czar https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/8xkz7v/liberal-pot-czar-bill-blair-implies-weed-possession-convictions-are-bullshit now making millions off of legal Marijuana? Truly disgusting…

K.

9 Likes

Yeah we have the same corruption going on here. Former speaker of the house, John Boehner opposed legalization every step of the way. He claimed nothing could ever change his mind… Not public opinion, facts or reason was going to do it for this “public servant”.

Now that he’s not in office and he’s invested, it’s all the sudden the greatest thing since sliced bread. Seems only one thing changes a politicians mind… $$$$

But despite being convinced that he can make a killing by becoming a lobbyist, he still maintains that he has never tried it. We love to celebrate our ignorance here. It’s quite a virtue.

10 Likes
  1. US Fed’l Govt.
  2. (most) US State Govts.

:evergreen_tree: :rolling_eyes:

5 Likes

Sonic healthcare , owners of clinical labs of hawaii who prohibits by a singed agreement his employers to even use hemp products , 50ng is the federal law for dog testing on a positive they run it down to 15ng , and now run near hidden a company called AEOS that do quality aland control on cannabis while his employers cant even look at the plant as a source of anything

9 Likes

Let’s make T-shirts that say: I SMOKE WEED

…that way it won’t be an issue?

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

But, did he inhale?
Aside; how do you know when a politician is
Lieing?
The mouth is moving…

4 Likes

I didn’t inhale. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I got asked why mmj is so hard to acquire in .au this week.
The only answer is because the powers that want to be, can’t work out how to fark everyone over while de-criminalising it. And turn the profits back to they that want it all. Which happens to be politicians, and their puppet masters. Fuck the system, burn it all.

9 Likes

Word. Isn’t that what they’re doing in NSW? :imp:

(joking aside, I hope you all are OK down under, Calif. sympathizes)

Yep. :star: :ballot_box_with_check:

Tragic, IMO. If you guys can cleanse the nation of AK-47s voluntarily this should be easy. :thinking:

:evergreen_tree:

edit @TheShowMeHomie:

2 Likes

Do they have a lot of AK-47s in Australia?

1 Like

I won’t get into any discussion about guns. I will say, Wikipedia wouldn’t be my first choice for citations about much at all lol.
Unless they change the page about Australian politicians to a picture of a big c0ck and balls… :wink:

3 Likes

Nah, none at all mate.
Supposedly, except for display only(non-fireable) ones.

2 Likes

Anytime the government has them but won’t let you there is a problem

2 Likes