(complete) BOG Blue Kush preservation run grown under a Mars FC 8000 de

Like those other Kats said, Doug.
You always make a beautiful garden. Killer plants, man!

10 Likes

Thanks brother, means allot coming from you.

7 Likes

Looking fantastic as always! Looking forward to seeing if you beat your pollen collection record from last time

4 Likes

Hey all. Plants are doing good so far.

Started collecting pollen today. Got a good little pile for the first day, should only increase from here.

Already got enough pollen to make a big pile of seeds. Looking forward to seeing how it all adds up.

57 Likes

outstanding!!
and I agree with all the others, the garden is looking super happy and healthy @DougDawson which will equate to real nice healthy seed production. Your over the hump now !!!

10 Likes

Thanks man, I think so too. Now I just got to keep collecting pollen and keeping them alive till the seeds are ready. Pretty excited after the pain in the backside BMR turned into. Of course I am going to take another crack at it after Blue Kush, lol.

22 Likes

Gonna be :cloud_with_rain: beans!!!

5 Likes

13 Likes

Thereā€™s the attitude that Double D is famous for.
Get knocked down, get up, dust off and redouble your efforts. ā€œDat shit ainā€™t gonna beat ME!ā€

10 Likes

Thanks for doing this Doug. I didnā€™t even know who BOG was until i read your preservation threads. Iā€™ve become a fan and look forward to being able to grow BOG plants thanks to you. I hope eventually I can feel confident enough in my abilities to do the same for the genetic preservation and community.

6 Likes

That being said I still cringe and inwardly scream burn it with fire when I see male flowers. None of the seeds Iā€™ve grown have been on purpose so far.

7 Likes

I donā€™t want to clutter Dougā€™s thread up but I used to be in that kind of train of thought too at some point butā€¦

Then I found a Vanilla Tart male from Badger that I just couldnā€™t kill as he smelled great, had good node spacing, and later in flower he showed nice colors too, so I dusted my females with him to make my first ever F2ā€™s and a new cross as well.

This was last year. Then later in the year, last November, I got invited over here and Iā€™m sure glad not only to be here but to make more seeds to hand out to folks on here as theyā€™ve so generously done for me.

Overgrow the world!!

17 Likes

It looks awesome I collected my first batch of pollen a few months ago didnā€™t turn out as much as you but I was able to produce seeds of lemon hash plant bodhi. After reading this thread i believe the next go will be a lot more successful. Thanks Doug for all you do for the community

7 Likes

Nothing to it but to do it bud. Just have fun and remember that not every grow will go as planned. Itā€™s a fact when growing. Once you accept that your confidence will not be an issue.

11 Likes

Just have fun and remember that not every grow will go as planned. Itā€™s a fact when growing. Once you accept that your confidence will not be an issue.

Agree. Iā€™m a little disappointed in the number of males Iā€™ve gotten. Destroyed 4 yesterday and out of 8 plants I started with only one is a true blue female. After 12 days of going 12/12 Iā€™m still waiting on 3 to show sex. Nirvanaā€™s Maui Wowie is stubborn.

Having said that the plants this grow are some of the best looking Iā€™ve ever done. First time using Osmocote on cannabis. Itā€™s a winner. Using the 15-9-12 from A.M. Leonard. ICL is the producer. https://icl-sf.com/us-en/products/ornamental_horticulture/osmocote-plus-standard-5-6-a903226-15-9-12/

12 Likes

I tried Osmocote last year and hear good things about it.

4 Likes

Bought pallets of it and applied it to newly grafted grapevines when planting a vineyard. Have planted 1,000ā€™s of field trees. Every one got Osmocote.

Funny but (brainwashed), new cannabis growers are programmed early on by The Herd, marketers, internet nerds to believe you must buy Acme Cannabis Rocket Fuels, parts A, B, and C or you canā€™t grow big buds. :laughing:

One tweek Iā€™ve been doing when watering is adding a very small pinch of Solubor (boron) to the rainwater, once or twice. It does aid in bloom and fruit set on such crops as grapevines and avocados so I thought Iā€™d give a go on cannabis. Kicker is I donā€™t have a control group, so the results will be anecdotal.

And thatā€™s OK.

15 Likes

I agree about misleading abusive cannamarketingā€¦ itā€™s gotten ridiculousā€¦ Iā€™m new so Iā€™ve fallen to it a little but quickly learned from manyā€¦ but in particular @ifish ā€¦ that all nutes are the sameā€¦ whether present with water and premixedā€¦ or in already created soils (super soils) I unfortunately bought advanced nutesā€¦ burned every friggin thingā€¦ went on to fail to this day. But obviously not giving upā€¦ that was in the beginning over a year agoā€¦ now I have many nutes because I bought a ton of saltsā€¦ like the smart wayā€¦ cheaper same nutes but mix yourselfā€¦ not hard. Unfortunately again I went with botanicareā€¦ another marketing ployā€¦ but I did it to simplify so I can find my issueā€¦ and I think it is workingā€¦ as soon as I find my baseline of calmag needs and all that for sure Iā€™ll be going back to the salt mixes I can create ā€¦ within those I can hit ANY ratioā€¦ so optimal in my opinionā€¦
Without OG I would have been buying anything someone told me would work!! Sad but trueā€¦ the things we will do when desperate and needing successā€¦ so thank you OGā€¦ for being who you all are. Standing up for the grower always!! :green_heart:

5 Likes

Seen it a million times bud. I have never bought any ā€œcannabis specificā€ nutes/foods. They are a rip.

In my 55 years of growing about everything under the sun, the main foods I buy now are Peters, Dyna-Gro, and Osmocote.

Stay away from high P foods too. Bloom foods suck, are not needed. Only complete foods that support foliage and roots are important. Grow plenty of that and the bud will follow.

13 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s amazing what marketing can do. You can sell the unsuspecting giant bottles of mostly water by just putting a gorilla on the bottle smoking a bong wearing a rasta hat. Itā€™s a real shame.

19 Likes