(complete) BOG Blue Kush preservation run grown under a Mars FC 8000 de

How long does the breeder recommend for flowering this one @Doug .?

I only ask because i think seeded plants will finish before Sensi’ -?! - if any one wants to weigh in here and correct or confirm what i ‘think’ , please do … :exclamation:

Nice growing AGAIN Doug …
:facepunch:
Gaz

1 Like

My experience is , I pollinate at 3 weeks flower and wait until they hit 10/11 weeks flower before I chop them down.:peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Some plants develop faster but I’ve found that 6 weeks from pollination ensures a healthy seed harvest.

5 Likes

I guess it would be strain dependent. Some flower longer, obviously. Overgrow the world :peace_symbol:

1 Like

I remember Marijuana Botany by Robert Clarke says it takes between 14 - 35 days for seeds to mature.
I usually wait for a few to start falling out, and or just to be safe, wait untill the plant starts to die.

But about the 5 week mark after pollination is a safe time to harvest.

You can pop one or two out and check them. Squeeze them to make sure they arnt soft. And I check for a dark color and stripes.
Obviously tho the longer you wait the better.

2 Likes

~5-6 weeks for seeds to mature but they also mature with the plant. If the plant finishes early, the seeds will too. On average though, If I pollinate at day 21/28 I usually harvest around day 63-70.

10 Likes

Yes, same for me. I take everything to 70 days now or little longer, rarely have a strain that finishes before that anyways. At least for what I consider finished.

5 Likes

Beautiful! Frosty preggo gals and really prolific males-- very nice!
Wish our males put out that much pollen!
But-I am still ‘hashing-out’ the best collection method for me…
and, right now working with one very small plant-- so can only expect the poor guy to do so much!!

As far as the seeds being ready-- Don’t rush it on our (OG’s) account!
All those calyx’s still look really tightly closed and a hint of stamen/pistil still on a couple of them… still incubating!
When a couple starting to ‘pop’ open… the rest should be ready in a day or two after, from what I remember…
Then again-- if you want to use the weed once the seeds are out- wait to harvest for the smoke/hash…If In nature, they fall out on their own when the Mom dies… the longer the better, right?

2 Likes

It’s listed as 52 to 60 days on the pack @Gaz29 .

3 Likes

You need to clean up more brother! Your buds have fuzz all over them.
:slight_smile:
Very nice. lol

2 Likes

Canada won’t let me in either lol. Kicked out 3x and banned 2x

1 Like

I’ve never even tried. I did live in AK as a kid. I doubt there is much in Canada that I didn’t experience living on the Kenai peninsula. Not to doubt its beauty and culture. I am sure it’s one of kind.

3 Likes

Just to give you an idea of wilderness…Alaska is known (in the US) as the last frontier. It’s population is about 732, 000 and it’s area is 665,000 square miles. Canadas Territories make up about 2,500,000 square miles and have a population in total of just over 100,000. So four times the size with one seventh the population.

6 Likes

Wait. Like only 100k people in over 2.5Mil square miles !?

Yes…it’s about 120,000.

2 Likes

That is amazing

Damn. I should get rich and buy some land up there. Keep it completely preserved…minus a few plants of my own of course haha

2 Likes

Just watch out for the grizzlies, polar bears and musk ox! :grin:

3 Likes

What do you mean ?
Grizzly Bears are like big puppies right ? :sweat_smile:

bear-bye-bear

Haha :joy:

5 Likes

Think I read something like 95% of Canadian’s live within 150mi of the Canadian-US border.
Canada.

Means you guys have some REAL wilderness up there!

3 Likes

17 Likes