(complete) BOG Blue Moon Rocks repro growing under a Mars FC 8000

It’s ok @CanuckistanPete , they were from my first run where there males threw some pistils. I kept them to play with but not the ones from my last run :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I legit laughed out loud at this and I’m still smiling now as I type this reply. Thanks for the genuine laugh! It feels really good. Much love

8 Likes

Good luck with getting them cracked and growing, I picked up this wonderful little seed cracker of off IG a couple years ago which is probably pretty close to using your little vice there. Is it tricky to get the seeds sitting properly in the vice with the pressure on the seams of do you just toss them into the vice and slowly crank the pressure up?

10 Likes

In a pinch needle nose vice grips the tiny pair work quite well .

7 Likes

I put the thing under a magnified light so I get a close up look so not tough to get it right on seam. That said I did the first couple in the vice and the rest with just my fingers. They all popped nicely along the seam. Time will tell if there is any life there.

15 Likes

I am hoping that these are just slow and take a few more days. I have had seeds that needed nearly 2 weeks to pop, occasionally. :pensive:
I have a matchbox with some really fine sandpaper in it. I drop in the seeds in the matchbox and give em a rough jiggle to abrade their outer surface and that is usually sufficient. I wouldn’t want to smoosh a poor seed

7 Likes

Hahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahah……

Ahhhhhahahahahahahahahahahahhaa

Oh man… this got me good. Well done good sir.

6 Likes

If I do that I put a dremel with a stone bit in a stand and gently grind around the seam under my magnified light. It’s really the only part I want to weaken :slight_smile:

6 Likes

This alone made me laugh not to mention @CanuckistanPete starting it all lmao!!! :sweat_smile::joy::rofl: :green_heart:

So thank you both for that !!!

3 Likes

Still nothing ?

2 Likes

Not as of yesterday

1 Like

Musta got hit with radiation in transit or something
Other dude coming through with another set of seeds still ?

3 Likes

As far as I know he is. Waiting for an update.

7 Likes

Ok so just got home and checked the seeds again. Darned if one didn’t start growing a tail but it’s not very big and has a black tip? Have no clue what the deal is there but I put them back on the heat mat and will let them be. Will see what tomorrow brings. The 5 autos I tossed in the original paper towel that popped I tossed in some Fox Farms Happy Frog soil I had lying around and the little things have all broken the surface. Had to remove 2 seed membranes a minute ago but hey, they are alive and kicking. Apparently I didn’t pick up a curse during my down time, lol. Come on new seeds, please have a safe and fast journey to me.

46 Likes

That’s some encouraging news man! Must be the rum and cigars I’ve been offering up to Jobu. Next up was sacrificing a live chicken. Glad it didn’t have to come to that…

13 Likes

LOL, I would eat a bucket of chicken if it helped :rofl: Not sure what that black tip is but just going to let them ride and see what happens.

18 Likes

It’s the membrane :v:

11 Likes

Great news @DougDawson
Something must be in the air today!

Hope it’s a she :crazy_face:
Hard to see but it has 2 tap roots, never seen that before. Twins? This might be my new go to method

14 Likes

Such recent activity after cracking the shells is encouraging! That was a fantastic idea Doug. Nature is so cool. Much love

2 Likes

Blue people of the galaxy patiently awaiting!!! Best wishes from a far!!!

CourageousBitterBronco-max-1mb

3 Likes