(complete) BOG Blue Moon Rocks repro growing under a Mars FC 8000

Lmao… no… no we dont… haha

6 Likes

While I do believe certain trichoderma species found in worm castings would help the seedlings root, the potential for passing on an unwanted fungal or bacterial species is also increased and so it wouldbe better not to flirt with disaster. The seeds seem to be slowly coming along… Maybe they are so Stoney they are therefore slower than average. Doug has done a marvelous job, now it is up to the genetics to do their thing at their own speed.

7 Likes

You don’t want to leave em in it… just crack em on top… not root in the castings… but idk u may be right… maybe bake them 1st?? Either way… was only a suggestion truly for when he gives up on all other methods… why not give it a whirl too? On the uncracked ones that seem to do nothing…

5 Likes

Oh that’s deffo what it is!!! :green_heart:

8 Likes

Oh yeah! That’s it. Your beans are couch locked. Hahaha.

8 Likes

Are you saying @BigMike55 that these are so killer that they get themselves high? :rofl:
Well, they are alive so… lol

7 Likes

Soaked pinto bean water is going to be better than using castings, but at this point I think just go with what is working.

BMR must not be a very vigorous strain. Maybe the cultivars BOG used were tired or that particular seed run was not 100%. Anything could happen.

5 Likes

So here we are, another day with the slowest seeds I have ever seen, lol. The first seedling planted has still not opened up, it just stands there taunting me, lol. The second one planted yesterday has not broken the surface yet. From the remaining seeds I have 3 tails now forming and pushing out so that’s good news. The one 3rd from right in the pic is swelling and pushing the shell apart so hopefully we see a tail from it. Just going to keep babying these along. Slow or not at least they are doing something albeit at their own slow ass pace, lol.

41 Likes

8 Likes

giphy

9 Likes

Don’t feel bad Doug I’m having similar issues sprouting seeds . Several different breeders and strains all doing the slow to no start thing.

8 Likes

So sorry to hear that bud, it’s a bit frustrating to be sure. The autos are already into flowering, lol. Going to be moving them into a bigger tent later today. I guess I am just surprised to see these seeds still trying. What I am hoping is that the one swelling pops a tail. That will put 6 in coco and if they come around will hopefully start to get more vigorous. Hope yours start doing better man.

12 Likes

They are going to start picking up speed, kinda like a train, just takes a little time.

6 Likes

Now lets all pray to what ever dark eldritch god that will provide at least 1 male and 1 female from this run.

3 Likes

If not, that’s what STS is for

7 Likes

Well it’s been another day. The first seedling planted still has not done much of anything. Tiny little leaves are starting to pop out a bit. Man this is painfully slow but at least it has not died.

The second on planted had not broken the surface so I did a bit of excavating and found it was just below the surface but the membrane was stuck on it. I dug it out a bit and removed the membrane so hopefully it starts moving now.

Now for the seeds, I got signs of life from 5 of these seeds so those 5 have been moved to coco giving us 7 in coco so far.

I must say watching these seeds is like a 5 mile hike where you are post-holing the whole time. Slow or not at least we got some signs of life.

51 Likes

Also here are those autos, lol. They are still trucking along, looks like I need to mix up some nutes for them tonight.

37 Likes

I hate this saying, but…it is what it is. All you can hope is they eventually kick in and grow. But like you said, at least they’re alive!

9 Likes

Lmao… that would be one hell of a long long tough miserable hike :tired_face:

Lazy seeds make lazy weed :laughing:

8 Likes

Damn. Hang in there bud. It’s not over yet. And I know you are not ready to throw in the towel yet as frustrating as it must be. It’s not in you to quit. You are doing everything you can and lots of people would have already given up. But not you. You are determined. It’s who you are. And we all appreciate the effort. Salute!

12 Likes