(complete) BOG Blue Moon Rocks repro growing under a Mars FC 8000

So sorry to hear about your fur baby @DougDawson
They become part of our lives, and it’s a hard road when something happens.
Miss my Hershey Bear every single day!!!
This was one of our greatest car show days, we won 2 trophies at his last ever car show, and the firefighters all lined up and came bye to give him his farewell pets, he was kind of an icon at this car show.

10 Likes

:scream_cat: Oh no! Poor Tigger, what happened?!?! I am saddened to read this Doug and hope you are OK. Kitties can be the closest form of family :crying_cat_face:

5 Likes

Doctor thinks it was a pancreatic tumor. He was fine Saturday. Stopped moving around on Sunday. Got him into the vet as soon as they opened at 9am Tuesday as Monday was a holiday. By 10:30am Tuesday he was just gone. Had a seizure which led to cardiac arrest. They tried to revive him but it just didn’t work. Being only 7 and seemingly healthy up till Saturday it was quite a shock. Our last cat lived to almost 22.

18 Likes

Sorry for the loss of your co-grower

6 Likes

Is that a 87 grand national? Nice car, like the pooch also…

3 Likes

I’m sorry to hear this @DougDawson always sucks when a pet dies

3 Likes

Sorry to hear about your fur baby @DougDawson, always tough losing a pet

2 Likes

It’s an ‘87 Dark Metallic Blue TurboT. I didn’t want a Grand National, Black with Black & Grey interior, they seem to be all you see, and mine is just that little bit different. I like our little group that goes to the Woodward Dream Cruise, rolling in between the “Darth Vader” Buicks draws a little bit of attention.
We go out and make newer cars look bad with cars that are 35 years old. I can hang with anything for at least an 1/8 mile, then my little V6 is pretty much all in, just don’t have the top end speed, mine is probably the slowest of the 3 of us.
I’m the 3rd owner and bought it with 18k miles and just rolled 28k on it last year. After I bought it, I stuck close to $4k into it before it even saw pavement under my ownership. Bigger Turbo, larger injectors, upgraded fuel system, every piece of GM bracing for GBody cars to stiffen it up, Bilstein shocks, down pipe, Cat delete, LS1 MAF sensor and translator, upgraded chip, stretched intercooler, all new gauges to ditch the idiot lights, racing radiator, dual fans, and probably more that I’m forgetting, so it’s far from stock anymore.

2 Likes

What kinda turbi did you go with?banks? what do you think it would run in the 1/4 mile? I noticed the chrome bumpers are unusual for a grand national

Like I said, it’s not a Grand National, it’s a TurboT, same drivetrain, just not Black with Black and Grey Interior.
My personal best in the 1/4 is 11.1 seconds at 121.82 mph on a very conservative tune, could go faster, but running a stock ECM, I don’t have any the fail safes to keep my motor from grenading that aftermarket ECM’S provide.
I’m running a TA-61 Precision Turbo.

3 Likes

right the turbo t, I like it it stands out for the crowd. Precision turbo makes some quality stuff, very fun ride you have there

1 Like

It’s definitely a fun ride, especially being 35 years old. Hershey used to get a huge “smile” sitting in the back seat when we’d dig into the turbo a bit.
Ranger, “The Fastest Dog on 4 Wheels Gen2” doesn’t have the same enthusiasm when it’s time to go fast, LOL

3 Likes

Just a quick update for you all. BMR still hanging out all along. Clone is popping some roots. Hopefully I have more plants to add soon.

39 Likes

Nice first try success. One and done? Or are you gonna play with it some more?

2 Likes

Defiantly going to keep playing with this. It’s really cool and I love learning new stuff.

6 Likes

Yeah for sure. Clean that cloner before next use. Is that a nick in the plant? I think someone here also mentioned it as well. If that plant wasn’t as healthy as it was, the clone would have lost that battle. I think it was @herojuana.tom who had a name for it.

3 Likes

I actually scraped off some of the hard outer layer of the clone when I cut it. Because it was the top of a large plant it was very hard and I read that scraping some of the harder outer layer off was helpful. Could be BS but I thought I would give it a try.

13 Likes

The cut is where pathogens can easily infect the plant tissue and scraping exposes more internal tissue. Until the callus fully forms over the cut end pathogens can get into the plants vascular tissue and inhibit the plants growth…or worst, kill the plant later in its life cycle… It sucks having a plant 6 or 8 weeks in flower suddenly keel over with an internally rotten stalk, or cuts from an infected plant ruin a batch of clones

4 Likes

Thats how I learned how to do it. I’ve never just put them in the cloner or rooting powder with the stem not scraped. I get really good results. 5 of 6 sour grape in root powder. usually 100% in the cloner with clonex.

3 Likes

The way I see it, there are many methods available but I prefer to minimize the damage to my plants – using a sharp razor as most instructions stipulate instead of using a rasp or nail file or manually breaking off a branch-- because the literature I have read says to minimize tissue damage and infections by using a sharp object that has been sterilized and minimizing tissue damage
As can be observed in the provided pic, calluses were forming all along the plant stem. None were forming visibly at the cut nor near the slime covered scrapes at the time of the pic. I would personally assume this is because it has that slime blocking and inhibiting the callus formation there because that is what is documented as occurring in all the available scientific literature on callus formation where slime is observed. So if the callus and roots are forming all along the stem and none from the cut nor scrape where we see clear signs of infection… what might we infer about the process of scraping the stem to expose more internal tissue? Plants are life and, like humans, heal quickest when there is less tissue damage. If someone said “oh yeah, scrape the skin off the bone near that finger you got cut off and it will heal faster” I am pretty sure you would get some curious looks. Plants are similar to humans and all other life in that they recover quickest from minor damage and take longer to heal larger swaths of damaged tissue. I only make a single cut and (except for Loompas headband which always takes 9 days), and pretty much always have 100% of my clones root with full on roots by day 6… And I don’t use hormones: I just cut a stem and place in rockwool and it roots. Yes, a minor incision through the plants outer surface is necessary in order to expose the plants vascular tissue so it knows it needs to begin healing itself, but the plant will do everything possible to keep itself alive and forming roots is a basic function hard-coded in plant’s genetic code. I hope that clarifies my perspective.

6 Likes