(complete) BOG Blue Moon Rocks repro growing under a Mars FC 8000

I have been cloning for a long time now and I’ve used dirty scissors/knives, scraped flesh off, left them alone, used clone gel, used nothing. I’ve never seen “pathogen” attacks. I’ve never had a plant suddenly “keel over”. That sounds like some crazy fuck up there, or chemical issues.

I have lost clones due to too much humidity after week 1 (not letting them breathe), and some of the times I used a water cloner like Doug has I lost them due to mushy stems (probably didn’t clean it enough). I went back to using good old root riot cubes, a tray, dome, heatmat and temp controller and I have no had any problems since.

Never had to figure out calluses or whatever is fashionable this year.

Been working with plants for nearly 20 yrs.

10 Likes

Understood :slightly_smiling_face::v: And I have been growing plants for 30+ years… more if I consider growing up working with grandpa on his farm or my 6th grade AP hydroponics science fair project. If you check my IG you will see that I ran a clone room where we maintained over 10K cannabis clones with 70(+) trays of 78 cuts incoming per day so I am not your average grower and I would be willing to bet I have attended to more clones and dealt with more cloning issues than most anyone else on this forum who has not worked in such a position. My first Masters thesis back in 1999, before I changed to an Engineering degree, was on the viability of tissue culture for cannabis so I see myself as having a little bit of experience and standing in the field. I see your claims of never having seen a pathogen attack but then you mention your damping off (…a pathogen attack) and mushy clones (…also a pathogen attack) which in my opinion invalidates your initial claim and casts doubt on your understanding of the germ theory of disease… but I still respect your postulation and uncertainty in my conclusions which are straight from scientific studies and which have solid and well-documented scientific bases. :joy::v:

11 Likes

Germ theory has been debated since the 1800’s from the days of Beauchamp and Pasteur, but I won’t go there.

I also don’t get bad results anymore since now I stay away from all the water.

2 Likes

that is one freaking amazing plant :heart_eyes: :fire:

7 Likes

I’m just now catching back up after a week, so sorry to read about your loss Doug.

3 Likes

Just a quick BMR update. Plants is doing fine. Going to move the clone into some coco, clean the machine with some bleach and get it ready for some new clones.

35 Likes

So freaking big, it’s a monster!

3 Likes

He is a big plant for sure. That’s after I chopped a foot or so off the top, lol.

5 Likes

That plant reminds me of something…

13 Likes

LOL, I remember that monster. Bugs gave him an interesting hairdo :rofl:

10 Likes

Lmfao…no doubt

3 Likes

Ok folks, here we go again. I know, we have been here before, but this time it will be different :slight_smile: Well at least I am hoping it will be. So we have 11 BOG Blue Moon Rocks F1’s soaking. Figure no time like the present to get these going. Let’s see if these babies with germinate for me. We all know I have had the worst luck with this strain. So let’s bring this run back to life.

giphy

65 Likes

I’m along for the ride good luck.

6 Likes

Repost again too

Hapi growing

32 Likes

I’ll be here for the ride. I got faith :pray::raised_hands:

5 Likes

Been looking forward to this can’t wait to see what they bring. Best of luck

5 Likes

Dawson for President!!

4 Likes

and-here-we-go
Awesome, Doug! Wishing you great success! :heart_eyes: :partying_face: :blue_heart:

8 Likes

Thanks bud. This run is getting done. It’s just going to happen. I got one more trick up my sleeve to ensure the completion so I am not worried. There will be Blue Moon Rocks seeds.

25 Likes

:sunglasses:

10 Likes