(complete) Holy Smoke Seeds Peshawar Afghan Coop Seed Run

Yes @Upstate explains in the very first post… @resinates_well

9 Likes

My friend’s father had a super fast afghan years ago It was stupid potent. Been trying to figure out what region it probably originally came from

3 Likes

Yes it says Peshawar is in Afghanistan, repeated throughout this thread, but Peshawar is in Pakistan and the FATA tribal area of Pakistan in particular.

4 Likes

Peshawar Pakistan is the largest city near the Kyber Pass to Jalalabad Afghanistan - with a very large Afghan refugee community - was that way back in the early 90’s…

6 Likes

A taste of the region - before y’all get a taste from the region :wink:

Peshawar

Khyber Agency

Khyber Pass

In the Khyber lands

45 Likes

Peshawar river valley goes from west to east from Afghanistan into pakistan

Did you even look? I go out of my way to properly research every landrace I grow and consider all my info solid. Getting people accurate info with all the disinformation out there can be difficult. Before undoing all my research and confusing people here in this thread take the time to look and make sure I am wrong. Please erase those misleading posts to keep the thread full of accurate information

21 Likes

Look at those hanging bags of Hash — I’ll take one !!!

9 Likes

I’m loving this thread, great stuff here! :pray:

7 Likes

No way, I’m not deleting it. First, prove the Peshawar landrace you’re talking about is from Nuristan, that town in Nuristan probably has 1000 people, but the real Peshawar is a city of 2 million people in Pakistan. Nuristan is one of the most remote places in the world, barely anyone lives there. Peshawar the city in Pakistan is one of the most famous cannabis trading centers in the world. If your landrace is from Nuristan then it should be called a Nuristan landrace, because 99.9% of the people familiar with the region know that Peshawar is a Pakistani city. I lived in this region. You, upstate, do great threads and provide great info on landraces, but I’m just clarifying for the sake making things more streamlined and understandable.

5 Likes

2 Likes

We will have to agree to disagree. Nick from holy smoke seeds tells me it’s from Peshawar, Afghanistan. It’s no surprise to me that they would find the seed in a remote Village rather than in a city…

You should read the thread. All this info has been covered already.

10 Likes

Many of the Afghan varieties are brought to Peshawar, Pakistan and sold at bazaars, but so are many Pakistani varities.

2 Likes

Please read the thread. All this info has been covered @resinates_well

4 Likes

Here is the district Barg-i Matal of Nuristan, only a population of 15,000. If there is a place called Peshawar in Barg-i Matal District, it is not even the District HQ. The Peshawar city in Pakistan is much further south, even southeast of Jalalabad. I’m not debating your info, it just would be better described as a Nuristan, Afghan instead of a Peshawar Afghan. But mostly likely the source means Peshawar in Pakistan.

2 Likes

This commentator denies multiple multiple sources of information posted. It’s obvious there is a bias here.

4 Likes

The Peshawar Valley is in Pakistan. Peshawar, the big Pakistani city, is on the western edge of the valley. Even further west is the Khyber Pass and West of that is Afghanistan. Nuristan is way north, and Bargi Matal is a northern district of Nuristan.

1 Like

According to Wikipedia, there are two Peshawar, the most known in Pakistan and another in Afghanistan:

If you search for the strain you will find out it is widely known as Afghani Peshawar:

Quite difficult to cultivate a landrace in a 2 million people city, more logical in the Peshawar Afghan valley, the name stated here is correct, hope we will leave behind this discussion … beer3|nullxnull

21 Likes

The landrace seeds may be from a tiny very remote town called Peshawar in northern Nuristan, which is on the Afghan side on the Afghan/Pakistan border.

But the Peshawar that is well known is a large city quite a bit east of the border in Pakistan. Peshawar, Pakistan is famous as a meeting place, often in bazaars, where people trade cannabis seeds, some of these seeds originate in Afghanistan, some in Pakistan. Many of the landrace seeds from Afghanistan and Pakistan actually were acquired in Peshawar, Pakistan.

4 Likes

One-third of the posts in this thread are now about you arguing this point; and I still don’t even know what you’re trying to prove. Are you trying to prove that they aren’t real landrace seeds, or just arguing about the name? And why, after @Upstate’s asked you to clean up the thread, are you continuing to just make it more about yourself and your drama when there’s clearly no evidence one way or another?

20 Likes

We are speaking about seeds, not about well known large cities, here’s an interesting book about Afghan landraces, hope you enjoy it and forget about the whole off topic thing … beer3|nullxnull

ppl_priest

20 Likes