(complete) Romulan Seed-Run

wow! life is really amazing

6 Likes

looking fantastic @Jinglepot! Pulling up a lounger to chillax and watch your grow! colbert-popcorn-popcorn

4 Likes

Congrats on saving that seedling! :smiley: Did the new root somehow connect to the broken off taproot? If not, do you plan to remove that broken root before it rots? :grimacing:

Fingertips - yes. Entire fingers, though? I’m not sure that’s possible. Can you share your source? :thinking:

10 Likes

The digits comment was from memory from when I was studying nursing a long long time ago, not sure if I have a source. The new root formed at the broken end and did not re-attach to the original root, it rooted directly into the rockwool cube where it looks fuzzy. No I didn’t remove the original root, instead I left it there… this was about a year ago, the plant that grew from this seed has already been grown out and flowered. She was a fantastic plant I would have kept but I didn’t take a clone and she failed to regenerate so I lost her :cry:

10 Likes

The Roms are stretching their legs and have some nice little leaves now. My new t5 foxture is here, it will go in tomorrow, and the LED come out.

35 Likes

That guy there is one of the 2 surviving original Romulans, i have him mixed in with my Eutierria for the time being. It’s doing well. The other not so much so i threw it in the outdoor green house to see if it can survive, lol. Im still not sure what I’m going to do with it yet.

38 Likes

I wish I was close by id gladly give you something for one of those original Romulan you have, just to do a side by side with the IBX and compare in two different environments. Love this and am highly intrigued to see the new improved Rom!

13 Likes

@Jinglepot

Didnt read the whole thread except this post saying 2 roms surviving.

I have romulan joes ibl if you need a few plants to do the run!

Lemme know.

5 Likes

I’m sending good vibes brother
:seedling::herb:🪴 :evergreen_tree:

I can’t wait to see what you do with that survivor !

5 Likes

Duuuuuude!!! It’s almost like you’re doing seed runs for everyone’s favorite cultivars from the late 90’s early 00’s. You’re the freakin PERSON, @Jinglepot and the community owes you a massive debt of gratitude for all the time, space, and energy you’re putting in already this year.

Definitely following this with interest. Keep on keeping on, growmie :metal:

23 Likes

Thanks for the offer! But Romulan Genetics replaced them with the all new BX1 version! Jake and Romulan Genetics are a real treat to deal with. 100% germ rate with them we are well on our way!

The top right cup has 2 plants from 1 seed!

The very bottom cup is the surviving Original Romulan

47 Likes

2 days layer, after 1/2 strength Rhyzotonic/b52 watering and the new T5 instead of the LED. They are soooo much happier!

The problem woth the LED I was having was if I kept it at 70% they would stretch insanely, but if I turned it up any past 70% they would burn blotches all over.

52 Likes

Well they all look like they are healthy and want to live. I’m not sure why the LED was like that. Maybe turn it past 70% but move it further away ? Idk
I’m glad you figured something out man. I’m really excited for this !

10 Likes

I guess Jake’s gone now isn’t he? What a shame.

5 Likes

I miss my T5 fixture. Both ballasts died and it’s not made to switch them out. But, I swear by them for early veg. My plants start out now with almost no size to the main stem. I use the red and blue HO bulbs and they really do well. I wish I could afford a new unit. I just don’t get the same results in early vegging under the HPS.

3 Likes

That’s exactly why I switched back, im going to keep my LED for clones I flip to flower and have pollinated. Seems to do them alright, just not seedlings.

4 Likes

The box stores around me don’t seem to be carrying the fixtures anymore. The only source I’ve seen recently was a hydroponics store ($$).

I still see the ballasts though, any chance you could ‘scab’ a replacement ballast on the tops of the fixtures?

Cheers
G

5 Likes

I veg everything here with household 100 watt 5k, Led bulbs. It has worked out well for me, ymmv.

10 Likes

For me it used to be fluorescents for seedlings and MH HID bulbs for veg.

But you’re right it seems like fluorescents are being phased out for led replacement tubes.

I still roll a 600-watt MH until the flip when using my older setup.

7 Likes

an officially licensed bottle of romulan ale was the first beer I ever drank haha.

10 Likes