COMPLETED - Crop King - New York Sour Diesel, now with White Widow

I’m most curious about your long-term cbd bx project :slight_smile:

I’m nowhere near ready for any long-term commitment. One day…

1 Like

It’s not nearly as long-term as you might think, and I have extremly little experience chucking pollen. I basically threw the rules out the window and decided that a part of my tent will always have a BX in it and I’ll selectively pollinate a branch of it to make the next BX. This started with a simple cross and I am going from there. To keep space use down to a minimum, I am not running a mother tent and backcrossing to the original mom. Rather, I grow a new “aunt” CBDream from fem seed each time and then back cross to her. This breaks all kinds of rules, and chances are I won’t end up with what I want, but I don’t care. It’s fun and all the plants are smokable so what do I lose in the end? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Once I establish a system for my better half’s medical needs, I fully intend to dedicate my legal 4 plants to the pursuit of happy’d pot that doesn’t get homie high :wink:

5 Likes

I don’t really have much to add, but i am locked in the basement with the dogs and plants and beers while the kiddo has his therapists over. So maybe i can rant…

I got a new-to-me camera, an old Fuji X-E2, with a kit lens. I noticed that i never really keep a camera with me anymore because my canon gear is so damn bulky, hoping to have something in the glovebox, this might be it. Tried the X100 too, love it, but a bit of a reach is nice. 35 gets boring fast, and is awesome if you have a purpose, but i do not most days. So i was messing around trying to take a decent close-up shot of the WW. No such luck really. It’s OK, but far far from the canon glass i have upstairs. Which i can’t get because i’d interrupt. But I have this… and beer. This is as close as I can get with an 80-ish equivalent, also a 5.6 at that reach. x100’s 35(23)/2 is way better in pretty much every respect.

6 Likes

I’m not much of a kit lens fan either. If I want an all-in-one with all the compromises that go with them, then give me a Tamron super-zoom that goes from ultra-wide to 300mm or whatever.

For anything that I really care about (or anything that I am getting paid for) it is full frame dSLR with primes or L zooms.

I’ve got a little Sony NEX-C3 that I’ve played with a bit, with a EF mount adapter - so I can put anything from an 8mm fisheye to a 300/f4 L on it if I really want to. :slight_smile:

But if I’m doing that sort of stuff I’d really rather have a 5D classic in my hand. I’m a viewfinder kinda guy and I use manual focus 90% of the time…

Favourite lens? Minolta Rokkor 58mm f1.2 adapted to EF. Shaved mirror FTW.

2 Likes

Chopped a Diesel!

9 Likes

Crappy phone pic because I had it in pocket.
White widow. I like it!

8 Likes

Awwww she looks so sweet and innocent :rofl:
Mines been chopped. Looking between 6 to 8 oz dry from a single plant. I think she would make an excellent outdoor plant for here in the UK as she can take some stick. :+1:

3 Likes

Damn rights she does, inconsiderate, with no regard for her roomates’ living arrangements :slight_smile:

I was looking into outdoor strains, because i will be starting a crop for my parents in their garden this spring, and these heavy-yielding plants do not seem to work too great in my climate (49th parallel, coastal, wet). They need watering from the bottom, not from the top with rain – bud rot becomes a major problem, and I can see why. Those colas are dense AF, and Septembers can get really humid and cold here.

The one I am looking into is a “Manitoba Poison”, which is supposed to finish in late August/early September.

2 Likes

Chopping the other diesel shortly

Can you believe this is even Cannabis? LOL WTF?

7 Likes

It looks like Dr. Grinspoon

That’s a female?

:peace: :herb: :crab:

4 Likes

Yep, sure is! Smells great, sticky, just looks like a corn broom… drying/curing will be interesting

3 Likes

Let us know if she has any psychedelic properties! :bomb:

1 Like

I may try Frisian duck come March outdoors here in the UK. It’s supposedly great in colder climates.

2 Likes

Woohoo! Does have a structure of a male though.

2 Likes

shhhh… it is a “ special” girl :woozy_face:

1 Like

These are her buds up close:

5 Likes

Holy crap! It does look like the Dr. Grinspoon, with those super fat calyxes.

2 Likes

Finished a lot faster than the 100 days it takes for the Dr G :wink:

Who knows who Crop King got these from, and who knows what recessive madness is stored in there.

This was the last of the Diesel Autos; I don’t think I’ll be running them again with such a crazy variability within one pack.

But it was fun!

2 Likes

4 Likes