Compost tea pump recommendation

maybe , i use cardboard boxes on my fans it does quiet them,

2 Likes

I hang my pump with a bungie cord from my basement ceiling. It does make some noise. I have been told that this design is the best compost brewer design. KIS organics had Tim Wilson (Microbeman on other forums) on the podcast. It was a great listen.
I highly recommend.

4 Likes

Aloha @Tommy_McCain Thanks for the great info. May I ask what the power consumption on the air pump is? Would you know how much Watts it runs on? Could you give me the amps? Thanks in advance.

Aloha From Hawaii :call_me_hand:t5:

1 Like

Its like 35 watts max I believe.

2 Likes

Dang nice. That ain’t much at all. Thats sounds like the future plan. Thanks again @Tommy_McCain for the great info :+1:t4:

1 Like

It bubbles the tea like crazy. Here is mine on my thread if you want to see a picture.

2 Likes

@Tommy_McCain the hanging from a bungie chord is awesome totally got rid of this strutural vibration thing with my fans…i had forgotten

3 Likes

Great idea. Now I just need to go get a pump.

1 Like

By the way that was dirty, but I took the bait! :joy:

Now I have one more awesome organic thread to keep up with! Seriously though @Tommy_McCain your thread is awesome so far!

2 Likes

That’s sick! How big is that bank? How many Kw you got in panels? I’m interested in your wifi relay setup. You got WiFi at your grow spot?

2 Likes

@Rhino_buddy. It’s a small system only about 1kw in battery storage and 280 watts worth of panels. I’m gonna end up changing it again soon.

Here’s a pics of a smaller system. 24hr supplemental light power.
Unfinished in picture but it was finished later but no pic.

1 Like

Thanks @Badger for the thread. Mahalo bro. :+1:t4:

Thanks for taking part bro.

While you’re here I have a question.

I have some Hawaiin Elephant and elephant Skunk dawg seeds. I saw a thread saying that pua mana was a fraud. Do you know anything about that?

1 Like

Ya this 50-60 L/minute are not quiet can’t sleep next to one That’s for sure but their not bad IMO those that @Tommy_McCain show is almost the exact same one but it’s and AQUA AIR IIRCC May be the same manufacturer

I have the splitter that comes with them I think mine has manifold for like 8-10 air lines I only run 4 total 2 in each buck one in the bag and one out and can do 10 gallons easily heavy agitation 40-50$ maybe

1 Like

I found an active aqua 1100 gpm for 54.17 locally. It should allow me to do 20 gallons later if I want to. I plan to make that airlift design. It’s looks pretty simple, and if it works the best, heck.

I could brew in the garage, but it’s cold enough now, I’m not sure how fast the micro life would multiply. The rest of the year would be great though.

2 Likes

Active aqua is the brand I have didn’t think that sounded right the first one I mentioned ya you need good air for the airlift to work well enough so you’d be golden with that one !

1 Like

I know that there standing credit with locals here is crap. My friend was growing for 30 years here and we had a discussion about that company years ago. We believe that there selling lies. My friend said he knows nothing of Hawaiian Elephant, I asked him a few days ago.

2 Likes

Thanks man. At least I traded for them. :joy:

1 Like

Yea that’s a questionable company for sure. Pakalolo Seeds from Molokai Hawaii got some good genetics.

1 Like

What kind of lights are you using? LEDs I’d assume.

1 Like