Congo trip with kidete

This is very true, those parts of his journey are invaluable in my opinion.

And I’m so happy to hear you’ll be making more seed. Most of my landrace varieties and equatorials came from you @Upstate your generosity never stops and won’t ever be forgotten…

Thank you for bringing us together to help with Mikes journey and I look forward to future ventures!!

15 Likes

16 Likes

If the whole world figured out that you get in return far more than you give, it would be a much better place.
I’m already envisioning the epic plants I’ll find😄

14 Likes
13 Likes

Amazing information @Upstate and @Kidete. Thanks again for the opportunity to help support these kind of things! Can’t wait for the next one please tag me one it’s started as I know kidete mentioned he wanted to go into the congos on the next trip

7 Likes

I really hate talking bad about people or things. but I prefer to speak the truth
All the stuff from “La mano negra/ho chi min/ Alex” (rip) isn’t pure. He lost his original seed stash and later he isn’t able to get back his old pure lines.

Having said that, i’m sure that here no ones really got an idea how rare and hard ia get a pure Angolan Strain (specially this one that it came straight from the jungle) I got many years on media and i didn’t remember someone offering a pure Angola like Mike did right now.
Think about this guys
Everyone who contributed to this project ARE truly lucky.

23 Likes

Is there anyone willing to do a reproduction run on the Angola and Ethiopian shashamane? I’d be willing to throw some or all of my seeds to the right person if I can get a clone or more seeds back later. Would just love to see these get around OG and spread around to others. @Upstate any ideas of anyone willing or where to start?

25 Likes

11 Likes

another angola red -tlt - ANGOLA RED

6 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/Congo/s/sggooMKlLM

Shame we didn’t look into this.

4 Likes

saved !

Le Baron (Gombe 44 Avenue du livre) on thursday evenings.

going - next time I’m in Kinshasa :wink:

7 Likes

I never trust on that scammers
They lie all the time

6 Likes

I dont grow their stuff either - just sharing other Angola Red info…

3 Likes

afaik they typically have legit seeds, it’s the allegations of their sourcing methods, alleged use of other people’s pictures, and high prices that have turned people off about them.

7 Likes

Lol. Doubtful. I bet it’s snowhigh or lmn angola…from a "private collector ":rofl:
( not picking on you brother…picking on tlt)

6 Likes

I think most likely that’s Mike on there?

3 Likes

I know everyone that pitched in was hoping Mike would find more different genetics, myself included. I know Mike wanted to find more, too. But at the end of the day, one extremely rare landrace is easily worth 10 others that can be traded for. All of us are lucky indeed.

That’s very true. Exotic Alchemy told me 18-26 weeks for his Angola though, and that does sound right. However, lots of his stuff is slightly hybridized, so it’s possible the Angola is too. At any rate, that Angola has been around, and this one has never been out of Angola. Jungle weed indeed😁( on the map it appears many trees have been felled, but the area is still today listed as a tropical rainforest.)

14 Likes

I’d delete the “alleged” part my friend. No question thats what they do.
You know…when you finally share some seeds that are very valuable to yourself with a friend or maybe with someone you dont really know that’s been pestering you for a long time…and the one condition you give is that they themselves hold the genetics tight…well tlt repros and then sells them, and then makes no mention of you. The fact is, many serious collectors do not want to share anything with these guys because of their poor ethics and high prices, .And tlt then lies about who they are in order to deceive, so they can get those seeds and make money off them. That, my friend, is fucked up.

17 Likes

@District_Flora ran Shashamane a few years back. Maybe he knows someone. I think someone will grow and at least semi seed the Angola. I’m already thinking of ways to make room myself.

10 Likes

I’m strongly considering this as my Freakers Seedrun. Seems appropriate.
I’m 3 months out with germination though, so if anyone beats me to it, I won’t complain

17 Likes