Congo trip with kidete

We know you will crush that run if you decide to do it!

4 Likes

Hey guys! I want to share my gratitude to everyone who supported the mission to Kinshasa. I had a memorable experience and smoked some good weed that I didn’t know that it originates from Angola.

I posted a video on my IG (East Africa Genes) and I said that each donor will receive 10 seeds of the Angola sativa plus 10 seeds of the Ethiopia Shashamane. Almost all of you have my email address and I would appreciate it if you send me your shipping address. I’d like to start mailing them out from this week.

Also, I’m preparing a Youtube video showing you my Kinshasa experience. I’ll share the link soon

33 Likes

Thank you for your generosity and I hope you had as much fun going on your trip as we had watching! @Kidete

15 Likes

The story I heard from someone who spoke with tlt is that it is one guy. And after some prodding the guy admited to exactly what we are saying here. Everything from the name “team” is fake. He apparently though has scored some interesting seeds by apparently chicanery.

8 Likes

Amazing thread and very cool trip @Kidete! This is one of the coolest things I’ve seen in awhile.

@Upstate you mentioned way up in the thread that some people had to back out. Is there room for someone new to contribute in place of one of them?

:peace_symbol: :frog:

8 Likes

@emeraldbullfrog kidete did state on his instagram that he has a few Angola seeds for sale $70 for 10. Im hoping we can get together another one of these for another trip soon!

9 Likes

Hey @Kidete loved watching your posts on IG, lots of great info shared. So damn cool to follow your strain hunting adventure and seeing your genuine happiness in the end was worth it. Congrats brother on your success and in such a short span of time! :heart:

And big thanks to you @Upstate for helping organize it!

17 Likes

Thanks to everyone involved that helped. This is as close as most of us are ever going to get to going on a landrace hunting journey. It’s so nice to tag along! Wait till you all see these congos i’m growing. They are breathtakingly beautiful.

24 Likes

Thank you for making it possible @Kidete + @Upstate :pray:t3:

11 Likes

This has been a fun and informative thread to follow.

As much as I enjoy reading them, I very rarely post on the threads about heirloom and landrace genetics. As a small batch grower who has never done any pheno hunting, and who, frankly, knows very little about where these old strains originated, I figure I don’t have much to offer, other than encouragement.

On the other hand, some of those old strains are the ones that were circulating when I was getting high so many decades ago. So I sincerely appreciate the efforts undertaken by @Upstate and all those of you who endeavor to keep them alive and growing. I’m excited to see the results of those efforts pay off; enjoying your triumphs vicariously.

Thank you for bringing us all along on the adventure! :green_heart:

18 Likes

just came across this -

A shaman woman of the Mongo people of the Democratic Republic of the Congo proudly shows her “3rd eye”. Circa 1937.

The Mongo people are a Bantu ethnic group who live in the equatorial forest of Central Africa. They are the second largest ethnic group in the Democratic Republic of Congo, highly influential in its north region. A diverse collection of sub-ethnic groups, they are mostly residents of a region north of the Kasai and the Sankuru Rivers, south of the main Congo River bend. Their highest presence is in the province of Équateur and the northern parts of the Bandundu Province. The Mongo people, despite their diversity, share a common legend wherein they believe that they are the descendants of a single ancestor named Mongo.

They also share similarities in their language and social organization, but also have differences. Anthropologists first proposed the Mongo unity as an ethnic group in 1938 particularly by Boelaert, followed by a major corpus on Mongo people in 1944 by Vanderkerken – then the governor of Équateur.

The Mongo people traditionally speak the Mongo language (also called Nkundo) or one of the related languages in the Bantu Mongo family, in the Niger-Congo family of languages. The Lingala language, however, often replaces Mongo in urban centers. This language has about 200 dialects, and these are found clustered regionally as well as based on Mongo sub-ethnic group such as Bolia, Bokote, Bongandu, Ekonda, Iyaelima, Konda, Mbole, Mpama, Nkutu, Ntomba, Sengele, Songomeno, Dengese and Tetela-Kusu, Bakutu, Boyela and many others.

Traditional religion of the Mongo people is largely one of ancestor worship, belief in nature spirits, fertility rites, with shamanic practices such as magic, sorcery, and body scarification. Mongo artistic achievements, songs, musical instruments and carvings show richness and high sophistication.

13 Likes

Dam @royal with that context, now i want to take a trip to meet the Mongo shaman and hear some of their stories

6 Likes

That looks like it might have been painful, dang! Nice post.

Screw the stories, I want that shaman weed!:smile::rofl::joy:

7 Likes

The Congos, week 11 or 12 I think.

If I get some time this weekend, I’ll pull them out for a photo shoot. 3 phenos I think

24 Likes

LOL they come together, no? ^ ^

1 Like

Couple Congos. Week 12 ish

21 Likes

@Kidete sent me the link to the YouTube video he posted of the trip for anyone interested in viewing! 15 mins in myself and lots of good info and its exciting to see where he plans to go next! @Upstate when can we start another fundraiser for the next trip is that in the works for the future already? Would love to throw down again and love his documentary

24 Likes

The last 3 pictures are pretty nice phenos, much more productive than I would have expected. Looks like there’s some potential here, but you’ll have to wait a few weeks it seemsl :slight_smile:

5 Likes

love his vid!

Thanks for sharing.

5 Likes

Hey @Kidete . I just watched your youtube video of your Congo trip. It was very interesting. I especially liked the video of the surrounding area and climate. You gave a lot of very good information about the weed and the local culture. All in all, I thought it was great ! You seem like a really nice guy and very “cool cat”. Keep up the good work brother. Peace. :rainbow:

14 Likes