Congo trip with kidete

I roll with @G-paS!!! Hit me a few days prior to the 10th, so we don’t get left out. @G-paS will be the “Person of Record”. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

…the Gorillas :gorilla: should be the last thing to worry about,i guess :mosquito: :spider: :wink:

sounds great,gonna be a intresting trip
fingers and toes Xed

4 Likes

@TopShelfTrees1 @Hotrods_and_hounds @MoBilly @Movement13 @Budmeister @Rabeats2093. This is really cool I wanted yall to see this! I know you guys are probably strapped for cash but love the thought behind this

9 Likes

I’m always strapped :crazy_face:
Deff a great idea with pure intentions !
Hopefully it all goes as planned …
Would love to see pictures !

9 Likes

Sign me up :blue_heart:

Love African genetics, but can’t travel myself, so this’ll be a nice way to explore.

6 Likes

@Upstate this is a good project, thank you for sharing it.

I’m game.

7 Likes

@Upstate if there’s another person that wants to split a spot @100 each I am in. Thanks

2 Likes

woo! I may be up for this you know! :herb: :man_farmer: :sun_with_face: :beers: :green_heart:

3 Likes

“the Black hand” You mean Alex from Spain? Lol
That guy was mainly a story teller! When he lost his original seed collection never was the same again, at the end of his life he just got hybrids.

6 Likes

Dont know if it is same guy just know he was going by Mano Negra and i went with the translation.I dont believe 90% of Backrounds to any Cannabis cultivar many of them are riddled with bullshit or human error due to black market dealings or todays seed storyline plots to sell seeds, renaming something else ect .Mr Toad was talking about him briefly and the Congo he says he got.They were talking about Reefermans congo Dr atomics congo and the Roberts creek Red congo cut.people have told me red congo is a landrace then others tell me thier wrong and its a plethora of landrace.Contraversy from The beginning its a rabbit hole i tell you.

7 Likes

Hard to say where genetics hail from originally these days. Red Congo was found only in the South, towards Angola. There’s so little info out there. The best way to see what’s there is to crack some beans.

Could be an old hybrid. 12-13 weeks flowering, so it’s likely.

8 Likes

I’m in.

Sounds interesting.

7 Likes

Roberts Creek Congo - definitely a hybrid

and to make things more confusing

Red Congolese - lineage goes back to '85 when Wick Family Farms crossed a heirloom landrace sativa ‘Congolese’ with Purple Zacatecas and then later with Highland Afghani to bring the flower time down to 12 weeks

11 Likes

Thats what was driving me nutts!!I found out the same thing pretty much and when you go off what La Mano Negra says before he died its a completely different thing so i always second guess it doe all i know they were talking about two different things and going off a color.Reeferman had his version that he got when he was hanging around DR Atomic .Dr Atomic is who got me interested in the Red Congo but he never released his was supposed to be a 14 to 16 week plus plant.He got involved with Smack again and fell back into obscurity.Was a shame that guy had stuff that threw tricomes in seedlings!!!His Atomic Northern lights in its pure form was absolutely Stunning.His blueberry blew DJs out the water there was males in there we used to smoke to see what it did and you could get high off somewhat that were like someone dipped fhem in blueberry syrup.

6 Likes

This is very interesting stuff. I wish I could be a part of making it happen but I don’t have the scratch. Much good luck with this effort.
:cowboy_hat_face::+1:t4:

11 Likes

I will be partnering with @Chara to cover a spot.
Let us know when we get to the next steps @Upstate

7 Likes

Even though the slots are most likely filled already keep me in mind for the back up list

5 Likes

I’m not going to be able to participate but good luck to all that do! Should be some nice things collected.

5 Likes

If there’s anyone else looking for a partner, and space left one heads are counted, I’d love to participate. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sorry I’ve been too busy to finish this up and see who we have that’s in. Thanks for all the help OG. This is a very worthy endeavor.

13 Likes